• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD Wants YOU!!! The mods are looking for a new playmate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
For someone with no interest in the role G, you already doing a bang up job, you've highlighted the issue to Ali and dont worry if no one posts demonstrates the appreciation of your expertise. Remember - just because you dont get a positive response your posts are still essential - remember how many folk use the site as a resource so for all you know you could be saving any number of lurkers lives every day......

Thanks Stee!!

Its not so much I have no interest in it cos I do everything I can here to help but more a question of whether id be suitable given my short fuse when it comes to dealing with idiots and whether the powers that be think of be acceptable for the role....

Plus the time constraints due to work etc..

I appreciate that. Your perfect mod material, and its obvious to anyone who follows your posts that your dynamic enough to lengthen your fuse when it comes to idiots. But I know theres a real world out there and your community needs you to actually save their lives using your skills as a emergency medic. Its easy for me to big you up for a moderator role but the fact is that you have job to do and despite my confidence that you could save lives 24 hours a day, you deserve a life of your own thats free of tragedy and pain, whether its your own health issues or the fucking awful sites you must come across at work.

Thanks Stee you're a good man <3
I just doubt that the current mod team would find me suitable that's all....

I dont mind so much the nasty nature of some of the jobs I go on as I try to see positives in most situations as hard as that may be sometimes...

Its not that bad a job really and like all things in life it is what you make of it....

Its something I think youd be good at actually.....

Application for what fluph? A moderator position?

Welcome to bluelight by the way....

Just out of interest Ali if people are posting stuff like that (even of it's more down to ignorance rather than malice) are they punished in any way? Verbally warned or infracted?

IMHO posting stuff like that is a far, far bigger "crime" than people just being annoying or insulting or any of the other things people get infracted for...

Like for example I was infracted twice a few years back for "abuse" i.e. telling some cock what I taught of them and while I'm not excusing my own behavior I think things like this are a far bigger deal....

Maybe I'm just thinking that way cos I unfortunately get to see the consequences of people doing silly things with drugs on a regular basis and it really does break my heart :(

HR FTW man!!!!!
it's up to the forum staff but the o.d. guidelines are pretty clear.

different forums have different standards. the fact that somebody is handing out bad advice in one forum doesn't somehow negate abuse in another forum.

we have staff issues in o.d. right now and we're working on it...

alasdair

the fact that somebody is handing out bad advice in one forum doesn't somehow negate abuse in another forum.

Not sure what you mean by that....is that directed at my comment about me being infracted for abuse? How does that relate to not negating me handing out bad advice? (or do you mean NOT handing out bad advice???)

If that is what you mean then I was pretty clear that I want excusing my behavior but pointing out that people giving advice to others that may kill them is a bigger problem for BL than someone being a bit "abusive"

Could you clarify what you mean??

Edit....I think I get what you mean now but it's not worded well....

Anyway where did I say that the fact people where handing out bad advice negated me being infracted for "abuse"....
I find that assumption that that was what I meant a bit offensive....

Also I get the staff shortage thing....you've mentioned it three times :)

i didn't make myself very clear. the issue in o.d. is a bigger problem but has nothing to do with your behavior in eadd.

there's an implication (deliberate or otherwise) that bl staff shouldn't bother with "someone being a bit abusive" when there are bigger problems to solve?

it's not an either/or. yes, there are problems in o.d. and we're trying to address them. that doesn't mean we should drop what we're doing in other forums...

make sense?

alasdair

No thats not the implication at all...

When did I say staff "shouldn't bother" with me or anyone else being "a bit abusive"?

I was pointing out that for a place supposedly dedicated to HR there seems an intrangience to move on stupid and harmful advice given either by accident or on purpose yet call someone a cunt and staff are all over it.

For example that fella the other day had been posting that stuff for weeks and had been reported by others yet nothing done until I made about 8 seperate reports and emailed 3 different mods (please don't mention staff shortages again)

Your reading something into what I'd say that I never said or meant..where did I say that my behaviour in EADD should be overlooked because of what is happening in OD?

Forget it....it doesn't matter (but does represent pretty well why I would have wish too be a mod)

@ Stee and G. You guys really do yourselves down sometimes.

Not been on here long and forgive if I write with too much familiarity and just my 2c

Stee TBH your one of the most amicable and patient posters on here. You spent a great deal of time on HR re the NPS benzo issue.

Just because no one doesn't say much doesn't mean it ain't actually saving lives. I gave that to my mate who is a senior district practice nurse and she was blown away by the detail and frankly shocked that the practice had no clue or even warned. Subsequent she had two cases where she did identify at risk patients and she informed all in the practice and the health care trust. We are on this site cos we do or have interest in drugs and as Sprout says you get time off as and when needed.

G ever thought that because your job can be highly frustrating that you actually can use this site to let off the steam? I reckon given a mod job just as IRL that responsibility would change your focus although I'd miss mad G so perhaps a job in OD then you can be hyper G in EADD.

Thanks boa!!!

I do care very much about this place and care even more about people in general and care that they dont hurt themselves due to lack of information or just bad advice...

I just think that my disagreements about how things are done sometimes (see argument with Ali above :)) would make me unsuitable.....but thank you though....youre very kind.

I agree about Stee's fantastic knowledge regarding benzos.....I doubt there are many people on BL or indeed ANYWHERE that have a better understanding of the subject.

I was pointing out that for a place supposedly dedicated to HR there seems an intrangience to move on stupid and harmful advice given either by accident or on purpose yet call someone a cunt and staff are all over it.
it's not intransigence at all. i've said it four or five times now and i'm not sure i can say it any clearer - o.d. has been operating with about zero staff for a few weeks now and it's a mess. we're trying to sort it out but it's not going to happen as quickly as anybody would like. i spent nearly 6 hours trying to sort out bluelight shit yesterday, including the o.d. staffing situation. that's just 2 hours short of the full work day i also put in at my job for which i am compensated rather better.

please don't mention staff shortages again
i'll continue to mention it as it is the single biggest factor in creating the situation

Your reading something into what I'd say that I never said or meant..where did I say that my behaviour in EADD should be overlooked because of what is happening in OD?
you didn't. it's just not clear what your behavior in eadd has to do with anything that's happening o.d.?

when you say "i got an infraction for abuse in eadd yet nothing is being done to manage dangerous advice in o.d." you're choosing to link two issues which have nothing to do with each other. hence my confusion.

thanks.

alasdair

@ Stee and G. You guys really do yourselves down sometimes.

Not been on here long and forgive if I write with too much familiarity and just my 2c

Stee TBH your one of the most amicable and patient posters on here. You spent a great deal of time on HR re the NPS benzo issue.

Just because no one doesn't say much doesn't mean it ain't actually saving lives. I gave that to my mate who is a senior district practice nurse and she was blown away by the detail and frankly shocked that the practice had no clue or even warned. Subsequent she had two cases where she did identify at risk patients and she informed all in the practice and the health care trust. We are on this site cos we do or have interest in drugs and as Sprout says you get time off as and when needed.

G ever thought that because your job can be highly frustrating that you actually can use this site to let off the steam? I reckon given a mod job just as IRL that responsibility would change your focus although I'd miss mad G so perhaps a job in OD then you can be hyper G in EADD.

My computers just about hanging on - i'd give it 3 minutes before it crashes again so this might be my last post for today.

Ive had an unexpectedly nice day, with my 5ml meth reduction and my first ore - rehab group which was fantastic - my behaviour was seriously challenged - something that Im going to have to get used to dealing with for 6 hours a day for 3 months but its what I need and I feel more positive than at any other point since i surrendered to the green handcuffs. But to finish the day by reading your post IGUTB is the cherry on top. As you can imagine, I don't get many complements these days but your post is extremely flattering and its the small things in life like that that go along way to restoring some self esteem, and for that I am truly grateful. I've had at least 3 positive comments made by you and a couple of other members and considering that the day was already positive, I can, for tonight at least, remember that I used to be able to do good things and improve peoples lives, ona daily basis at work.

So, I'm going to spend the night pretending that I didnt turn into a useless cunt and enjoy the good vibes. Ill probabably be whinging again come morning so I intend to make the most of positive frame of mind before my mood swings again.

Thankyou for such a nice end to whats been both a positive and productive day

Stee xxx

A lot of us on here are lucky to be alive dude - I've lost 2 friends on here. If this site means people can be provided with good HR info, by someone who may or may not practice it themselves, whatever, I'm all for it.

I'd actually disagree with that. A mod's job is essentially a mix of donkey work (shunting threads about) and - as Stee mentioned - conflict resolution. The fact is that once modded most people post less publicly because they get caught up with other stuff. As such, we have usually chosen the applicant with less HR knowledge and drug experience when torn between two candidates as we'd rather avoid losing members with that high quality HR knowledge and drug/life in general experience to the more officious side of BL.

PS: I should probably point out that these are general comments based purely on my own observation of several staff selections I've been involved with and are not aimed at anybody posting here.

Last edited:
I agree about Stee's fantastic knowledge regarding benzos.....I doubt there are many people on BL or indeed ANYWHERE that have a better understanding of the subject.

ps. i dont deserve any credit for that - its down to the fact that Ive been using (and abusing) them for 17 years since I first started suffering from crippling anxiety, and as a nurse I think Ive taken about 80% of benzodiazepines licensed for medical use in the UK, and all of the NPS benzos with the exception of Meclonazepam and Nitrazolam. Im fairly knowledgeable about them due to my drug piggery, which doesnt deserve the credit you give me. Still, Ill take any complement I can - beggars cant be choosers

Nite all and thanks for a nice evening

Stee

Night Stee <3

And remember.....stop putting yourself down or I'll be forced to come round there and put you down capish? :)

you didn't. it's just not clear what your behavior in eadd has to do with anything that's happening o.d.?

when you say "i got an infraction for abuse in eadd yet nothing is being done to manage dangerous advice in o.d." you're choosing to link two issues which have nothing to do with each other. hence my confusion

As I think I've made pretty clear I'm not linking them in any way whatsoever to suggest that one negates the other simply trying to point out that if the same energy (of what you repeatedly mention are limited resources) were used to seek out and action posts that seek to harm others as put into punishing members for lesser things there wouldn't be as much harmful information being passed as fact on BL (and SURELY people's lives are more important and the potential to harm them is considered to be the greater evil).

What irks me is your implication that me mentioning my own infraction here in EADD should be excused due to harmful posts elsewhere...it isnt..

To be absolutely clear....I'm NOT saying my behavior in EADD is linked to information elsewhere on BL merely trying to stress the apparent lack of concentration on the issues that surely matter most in favor of those that while may be undesirable aren't going to lead to anyone's death....

Its not about me it's about not giving advice that may kill someone...

We're not going to agree on this so I wish youd just leave it (although I doubt you will)

Status
Not open for further replies.