• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD Giving Up Smoking Thread Mk. II

I would say depending on the strength of the liquid one inhale on the ecig can deliver as much nicotine as one inhale from a cigarette. It is easy to overdo it and give yourself a case of the nicotine shakes, so it takes getting used to.

yeah you dont need to inhale so deeply or heavily or for such a long time as compared to tobacco cigs, just a little press on the button and breathe in lightly for a second. Doesnt take long to get the hang of it.

Yes I thought it was probably my technique that was wrong. Am gonna take the plunge and buy one tonight, so no more tobacco once my pouch runs out. I'm looking forward to becoming an ex smoker. Also how do you know when you've had a cigarettes worth of vapour, do you just go by how it feels to you?
Edit: just read the answer to my question above

yeah, if you are going straight from smoking I would start with a higher strength like 18mg/ml or 24mg/ml, for the first few days. Because the vapour isn't as harsh to inhale as smoke, it can be easy to inhale enough that you get the shakes but just go slowly with it and you will get a feel for how much nicotine its giving you.

I went from marboro lights to 24mg/ml liquid, then dropped down to 12mg/ml liquid after a week or so, which most people seem to find the sweet spot (this is usually sold as low strength liquid in shops).

I would say depending on the strength of the liquid one inhale on the ecig can deliver as much nicotine as one inhale from a cigarette. It is easy to overdo it and give yourself a case of the nicotine shakes, so it takes getting used to.

Thanks that makes a lot of sense and answers a lot of my questions :)

FWIW, cutting back is fairly pointless. With nicotine, unlike any other drug (except alcohol of an alcoholic), abstinence is all.

Wise words, while smoking less is better than smoking more since you'll do a bit less damage - it's those breaks that really make the difference. Even taking 2 days off each week has a huge impact on the overall damage you do over the years since your lungs have a chance to recover a little and clean themselves out ever so slightly.

Nicotine is definitely a shit drug but unfortunately it's not the only reason we like tobacco, tobacco contains MAOIs that potentiate almost every other drug under the sun, and that's where the real appeal comes from IMO - nicotine alone does very little for me. I'm thinking maybe the answer for me will be to get a whole tobacco alkaloid e-liquid for my e-cig, since the nicotine-only liquids didn't cut it, and I don't mind vaping as my lungs are virtually completely normal when I stick to that.

yeah, if you are going straight from smoking I would start with a higher strength like 18mg/ml or 24mg/ml, for the first few days. Because the vapour isn't as harsh to inhale as smoke, it can be easy to inhale enough that you get the shakes but just go slowly with it and you will get a feel for how much nicotine its giving you.

I went from marboro lights to 24mg/ml liquid, then dropped down to 12mg/ml liquid after a week or so, which most people seem to find the sweet spot (this is usually sold as low strength liquid in shops).

Nice one thanks. I think it was 24mg that my friend was using as this is his first week using one. I will start with that strength and hopefully that will stop any cravings. I really believe that finally these will allow me to quit tobacco for good.

I really believe that finally these will allow me to quit tobacco for good.

It worked for me, and worked for so many of my friends I have lost count, so I really do have confidence that it is a realistic way to quit tobacco. Best of luck with it!

Thanks Ceres. I also know people who have given up using vapes recently. Before when I've tried nicotine patches,gum etc I've always thought it the back of my mind 'these won't work' but I feel confident that vaping will work for me.
I'll report back on how it goes.

Careful with fruit flavours and plastic tanks, some of the ketone and acetin based flavours will slowly dissolve them.

Also, if you don't want to pay silly money for a fancy one, check out fasttech. I wouldn't advise buying batteries or liquid from there though! 3liquids do a great range too, the Tutti Fruity and Red Bull are lovely. Fuck tobacco flavours.

Last edited:
watermelon and vimto didn't sound great to me but they are both nice

Cheescake sounds like a bizzare flavour to give an e-cig juice, but it's really very nice, and probably my favourite flavour. I usually end up with a mixture of flavours in the tank, I top it up with something different every time, things can get a bit sickly and samey otherwise.

we got a shop that sells shit loads, i got told they have a vindaloo flavour 8o, i got cuba cigar flavour is fucking rough

vindaloo lol, thats sounds disgusting. 8o Who came up with that idea:?

Cuba cigar flavour sounds rough too, even the plain tobacco flavour isnt very nice.

The only flavour i have tried that i didnt like was chocolate cream, i almost spewed it was so bad.

Tried any lemon flavours? They should be called Fairy Washing Up Liquid flavour imo, really gross.

The worst flavours I have tried are passion fruit and peanut butter. Some of them are just way off the mark. Some are delightful.

I like coconut but some people think it tastes too much like malibu. Coconut mixed with banana, pina colada anyone?

The one I tried was Blueberry which was really nice, am looking forward to trying the many flavours available.

Blueberry is good, I tend to vary the flavour every other day as it keeps it interesting.

Quick update. I've been using my e-cig now since last Thursday evening and i am already down to only smoking 2-3 roll ups a day. I have probably got enough tobacco left for 3 roll ups and the plan is not to buy anymore once it is gone. I am enjoying vaping now and i've saved about £20 on the tobacco i would normally have bought by now. Hopefully these are my first steps towards becoming a non smoker

Thanks Ceres, it's great knowing that becoming an ex smoker is a real possibility this time