• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD Giving Up Smoking Thread Mk. II

Yeh have you ever have the eliquid touch your skin, it irritates the fuck out of it. you get a nice nicotine buzz if aload of it goes in your mouth.

I managed to OD on Nicotine when 48mg poured into my mouth as 2ml of solution.
Cue projectile vomiting, hallucinations, delirium and cold sweats for ~6 hours.

Well, I just managed 9 days without a cigarette which is 6 days better than my last period. Other than that I'd say I'm doing pretty well... using my spray less often already. Fairly confident I'm going in the right direction still... may sign up for the NHS 12 week programme after New Years so I can get some free NRT stuff. Bloody expensive it all is, if not quite as much as a pack of cigarettes a day habit.

I could really do with the cash right now, that was one of the big motivators that eventually made me get onto NRT alongside the other reasons.

If you can get NHS NRT for free, you can get hundreds of pounds of NRT for fuck all.

A lot of people are "dishonest" when filling the form in or go to multiple pharmacies but I'm not recommending you do that as the NHS needs all the cash it can get.

I've been off the "tabs" (as we geordies call them) for ages thanks to my trusty "de-bang" vape :)

wonder how long until you can get an NHS ecig. All that NRT must be costing a fortune and I bet it doesn't have a high success rate.

It is also funny seeing loads of NHS staff using them, but they still aren't approved to give to the patients.

Our local hospital has just become a no smoking zone. You used to be able to smoke outside in the carpark & on the benches but even this is now forbidden.
One of my nurses had just started to use an ecig to get her through the day. I will be seeing her soon and it will be 2 months since we last spoke so I'm interested to see how non smoking is working out for her.

I know all the smoking places in North East hospitals off by heart. Since it usually only takes one person to drop a patient off the other paramedic usually gets a 10 minute break which if they are a smoker then it's off to the smoking shelter. One major Newcastle hospital declared a total no smoking ground until a nurse wandered off site into the woods behind the hospital and was murdered. All of a sudden they re-instated the smoking shelters pretty quick. Weird but even though I smoke e-cigs I still go to the shelter. My mate doesn't give a fuck and smokes his inside the ambulance but I'm not sure if that's allowed or not.

The money the NHS spend on NRT, opiate maintenance and alcohol treatment (they also lump hormone replacement into this bracket for some reason) is absolutely huge. I forget the actual number but it's many, many millions

I remember, a few years ago, my former lady friend suffered a really nasty compound fracture on her ankle when we were drunkenly jumping on a trampoline (she did not take off her pumps). The ambulance came and took us to the local hospital, very slowly, just half a mile away. The doctors had a good look and she was sent on to another hospital to get it sorted out. When I was saying goodbye to her at the drop off, she asked the ambulance crew if they would let her out for a smoke before the drive. To my amazement, they let her have a smoke in the back of the ambulance.

It must be more common than I imagined.

I remember, a few years ago, my former lady friend suffered a really nasty compound fracture on her ankle when we were drunkenly jumping on a trampoline (she did not take off her pumps). The ambulance came and took us to the local hospital, very slowly, just half a mile away. The doctors had a good look and she was sent on to another hospital to get it sorted out. When I was saying goodbye to her at the drop off, she asked the ambulance crew if they would let her out for a smoke before the drive. To my amazement, they let her have a smoke in the back of the ambulance.

It must be more common than I imagined.

They let her smoke a cigarette (a proper cigarette) in the vehicle?

In all my 15 years I've never encountered that. If they were found out they would be so fucked.

The back of an ambulance is packed with oxygen bottles and letting someone smoke in the back is the biggest no-no there is.....

Don't know what that crew must have been thinking

Yes it was a real cigarette and there were, as you say, a good few tanks around in there.

This is why I was so amazed!

EDIT: Just realising I misread your post. I thought he was smoking a proper feg in there!

I know all the smoking places in North East hospitals off by heart. Since it usually only takes one person to drop a patient off the other paramedic usually gets a 10 minute break which if they are a smoker then it's off to the smoking shelter. One major Newcastle hospital declared a total no smoking ground until a nurse wandered off site into the woods behind the hospital and was murdered. All of a sudden they re-instated the smoking shelters pretty quick. Weird but even though I smoke e-cigs I still go to the shelter. My mate doesn't give a fuck and smokes his inside the ambulance but I'm not sure if that's allowed or not.

The money the NHS spend on NRT, opiate maintenance and alcohol treatment (they also lump hormone replacement into this bracket for some reason) is absolutely huge. I forget the actual number but it's many, many millions

The hospital I frequent in Devon is a completely non smoking site now, which is why the grassy mound just outside the main gate is usually full of nurses, doctors and the occasional hardcore patient (sometimes even complete with drip stand!), huddled together.

I tend to see my time as an inpatient as a good excuse to have a few days off, but I'm not a regular smoker anyway.

Yes it was a real cigarette and there were, as you say, a good few tanks around in there.

This is why I was so amazed!

EDIT: Just realising I misread your post. I thought he was smoking a proper feg in there!

No it is an e-cig that my mate smokes in the vehicle.

Yeah that's incredible that they do that...loads of patients say that they need a fag when they've been hurt badly and get into the vehicle...just a stress reaction probably but you're told under no circumstances whatsoever can people smoke...It's kind of like if you were in your hospital bed and surrounded by oxygen and whatnot and said to the doctor "can I smoke in bed?"

The very best one for me personally was this unbelievably camp gay guy (think Graham Norton x 100) who's boyfreind had sunk a bread knife into his neck and when we got him inside the ambulance he goes"would it be OK for me to have a fag and a line of coke before we set off?"......I was like "errr....no sorry mate I don't think that's allowed!!"

Josh - I've seen that too patients at the smoking area (either on or off site) with drips in both arms puffing away...The best one was I guy who unhooked the drip stands and tucked a drip bag into each trouser pocket and strolled off for a cig....looked so wierd

One of the guys I shared a ward with managed to blag my folks into buying cigarettes for him and bringing them in at visiting time! He also got locked out one night after the doors got closed at 10pm, he was gone for ages and eventually found his way in through a service entrance round the back!

One of the guys I shared a ward with managed to blag my folks into buying cigarettes for him and bringing them in at visiting time! He also got locked out one night after the doors got closed at 10pm, he was gone for ages and eventually found his way in through a service entrance round the back!

haha!! I've done exactly that last time I had to go in for an operation. Went out for a fag and when I tried to get in the front doors were locked.

I walked round to the maternity ward and banged on the door....the nurse took one look at me and called security. The 3 big guys turned up and I had to show then my name band and then they phoned the ward I was on to confirm I was a patient before letting me in....was a right fuck on at 10 at night in the freezing cold!!

After not smoking (that also includes cannabis and its ilk) for nearly 3 years, I've ended up smoking cigs again :| We went to Italy, Sept and in the back-hill there, so many people smoked so we picked it up as a "holiday" thing, my arse :\.

I need to stop again.

Help :!

I on them now mate....been on a few months. Got to the point now that I prefer them to normal fags.

If you get a good unit and find the right flavour & strength and remember to change the vape chamber regularly they're brilliant :)

Get on the ecigs, they won't help you stop but it's a healthier way to feed the habit.

My oldest son actually gave me one :eek: Nothing like having your kids frowning about your use...of whatever 8) Bless him 8(

I'm looking at it - it looks scary. The last time I quite cold turkey, hash included :\

Here we go....

Yeah I prefer them to fags, got one hanging around but I only use it when I'm on the gear tbh. Seem quite happy nicotine free when I'm clean.

I know people are putting things like hash oil etc in them but there was some shite in the paper about putting crack and heroin in them. I know technically freebase cocaine and diamorphine base are vaporized when they are smoked in a pipe or off foil but just looking at my e-cig now I don;t know how you would even do that.

It seems to work by the little wick soaking up the juice by osmosis and the part of the wick that's in the center of the chamber is heated by the coil until the PG and glycerol vaporizes (at least I think that's how it works).....how this would be adapted to walking around tooting your own "vape speedballs" is beyond me (note - just in case anyone says it.....this ISN'T something I intend trying!! - had to be said)