• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD Giving Up Smoking Thread Mk. II

Cotton wicks also perform a lot better (bigger clouds of vapour) and taste better too.

I'm getting to the point where I want to punch people who smoke cigarettes in the street and their smoke gets in my face. Can smell someone smoking a cigarette from 1 block down the street.

1415875526986.cached.jpg

I haven't smoked a real cigarette since the day I got my ecig, over a year and half ago. I think I would throw up and pass out if I tried to smoke a cigarette now. I still have 19 marboro lights left in the 20 pack i bought that morning, if anyone wants to buy some very very stale fags.

Ceres - if you don't mind me asking a few questions. (If you do then ignore my post)
Does it take as long to 'smoke' an Ecig as it would do a cigarette -if not did this bother you when you first started Can you put it down between draws? If your drinking / high do you find yourself smoking the same amount as you would normal cigs ? As the social stigma has been removed have you found yourself smoking more often. Do you ever feel you fancy a ecig in a place that you would never contemplate an actual cigarette?

Because it is just push a button to get a hit, it is on demand so can be done anywhere. I used to smoke mostly outdoors, now I vape indoors when I'm at home and never really do it outside walking etc. If I'm travelling I take a smaller one with me and have a few cheeky hits at the train station or whatever, but really, I mostly vape at home when I'm infront of the computer working.

I do use it while driving, when I'm on long boring roads. Because I have a big heavy stainless steel thing, it feels more like a shisha pipe and I just hit it whenever I feel like it. Sometimes I vape nicotine free liquid aswell.

I don't know if all work places do this but where I used to work they still made people who were using ecigs go outside into the smoking shelter. So even though folk were trying to quit smoking cigarettes they still had to stand outside with all the regular smokers.
Seemed daft to us at work as it's not as if they could even cause someone to be secondary smoking if they used their ecigs in the canteen.
How about pubs, do they allow people to vape inside or do they have to go into their smoking shelter?

Really need to stop smoking AGAIN. I smoke twice as much as i did before i last stopped with the e-cig. I was tobacco free for 8 months then slowly slipped back into smoking 8(
I think this time I might just try going cold turkey. Iv heard from alot of people its the way to go and that vaping defeats the purpose of stopping the addiction, plus there isnt much research on the longterm effects of it either. Fair enough they did help me quit on a couple of occassions and i felt healthier but I still vaped a lot more than i would smoke so i was more addicted than when i smoked.

I don't know if all work places do this but where I used to work they still made people who were using ecigs go outside into the smoking shelter. So even though folk were trying to quit smoking cigarettes they still had to stand outside with all the regular smokers.
Seemed daft to us at work as it's not as if they could even cause someone to be secondary smoking if they used their ecigs in the canteen.
How about pubs, do they allow people to vape inside or do they have to go into their smoking shelter?

you can vape in pubs, bars, pool halls etc. I used to ask the bar managers permission when i first started doing this about 18 months ago, but everyone always just said yes, so i dont even bother to ask anymore, and no one looks twice anymore.

I'm down to my last e-cig wick now. I've decided not to buy anymore after this pack. I just need to decide whether it will last another day by the end of the day so that i can decide whether to destroy it last thing at night tonight. That way there wont be any all too easy tempations lying around tomorow morning. Fuck it might as well destroy it tonight and become nicotine free as of tomorrow.

I wouldn't vape indoors around other people., that's just rude. Use some common sense and don't annoy people.

you dont have to blow vapour or smoke directly into peoples faces, you can exhale away from them. I've never had any complaints:\

The vapour in the air is completely harmless too, it even sweetens the smell of the rooms. It doesn't leave a stale smell on fabrics like tobacco does either.

it was in the news a while back about some bars banning e-cigs (sure a google search will find it), i had mine for nearly a year but it hasn't helped me stop smoking atleast when u have a fag/roll up you know when it's gone (with the e-cig i could sit there puffing it all day not knowing how many fags that would be equal to) i think i got the 18mg liquid ill be getting the highest 24mg? or something next time

yeah i think a big chain of bars that i dont go to have banned them, cant remember the name :!, but so far it seems the majority still allow it. Not sure about cinemas, common sense tells me it wouldnt be allowed, but i used to love cinemas before the smoking ban with all the cigarette smoke wafting up between you and the giant screen.

The smoking ban must have saved bar/venue cleaners a lot of work, picking up hundreds of ground out fag butts off the floor at the end of the night cant have been much fun. Now the street cleaners have to do that job instead:\

you can vape in pubs, bars, pool halls etc. I used to ask the bar managers permission when i first started doing this about 18 months ago, but everyone always just said yes, so i dont even bother to ask anymore, and no one looks twice anymore.

My flatmate has just bought one and i was looking at their website about vaping etiquette and they suggested asking the landlord first if he minds you vaping or not. I guess some places are fine with it while other establishments will treat it the same as smoking

Landlord would have to be a right cunt if he objectes to his building having some fruit flavoured vapour in it. It doesn't make the wallpaper go yellow and doesn't make the place reek of tobacco.

Wouldn't he just. I don't go to pubs anymore so won't affect me but i didn't understand my old workplace insisting that people still had to use the smoking shelter

it's banned at kent uni (or inside) as my mate said if he has to stand outside and smoke he might as well have a real fag

Wetherspoons is the chain that have banned them iirc. I dont like that chain of pubs anyway, so its no skin off my nose.

I had a few puffs one a friends vape and it had me coughing worse than any roll up does. I don't know if it has to smoked in a different manner to usual but when I took a drag the vapour seemed quite harsh on the back of my throat which made me cough.
It doesn't affect my friend like that and never has. I don't know whether it is due to the strength of his mixture or if I have to try and 'smoke' it in a different manner.

yeah you dont need to inhale so deeply or heavily or for such a long time as compared to tobacco cigs, just a little press on the button and breathe in lightly for a second. Doesnt take long to get the hang of it.

if it is high nicotine strength it can make you cough, also some of the higher powered low ohm vapes do pour out a lot of vapour. My mate who smokes rollies tried mine and almost coughed the first few times. Happy to say he is now a convert and has long since ditched the tobacco.

Because it is just push a button to get a hit, it is on demand so can be done anywhere. I used to smoke mostly outdoors, now I vape indoors when I'm at home and never really do it outside walking etc. If I'm travelling I take a smaller one with me and have a few cheeky hits at the train station or whatever, but really, I mostly vape at home when I'm infront of the computer working.

I do use it while driving, when I'm on long boring roads. Because I have a big heavy stainless steel thing, it feels more like a shisha pipe and I just hit it whenever I feel like it. Sometimes I vape nicotine free liquid aswell.

Err - I think you have misunderstood my post. Following on from your post - is a hit a full cigarette or just the same you would get from one inhalation (draw/puff)? I've seen people in airports using them 'secretly' but I have to admit I've seen more people having a real cigarette a lot more.