• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD Giving Up Smoking Thread Mk. II

It would take a lot of fuckking around to get the right concentration so you got a good hit. I found a spoon, a sachet of citiric and a pin much eaier personally8).

You are exactly right about how they work, I use a drip fed tank that works by dripping liquid on to the coil thouugh.

^^
I can't imagine anyone into their gear would be arsed with that carry on. Why bother. If you're not using a vape to get off nicotine or in public, like a night out etc would you likely be really be doing crack / smack in those settings? Doubtful but I'm all up for learning!? :D

Set n' setting like...

Lol no I'll stay at home where there's no chance of having to share my stuff.=D

I used to carry a mini martell pipe around and smoke crack all over the shop though, used to blaze it on the tube everything.

I can imagine crack is much more amenable to "getting on and moving about" err missus ;) Still, I'm weird about going out in public on stuff, I just don't unless I have too...And as for the other -= no move, spewy :\ lol

always, tried many times, always 8)

thank fuck x

Lol both of them still make me spew if I'm 'out of practice' and I've been on and off them for the last eight years.

That's the problem with heroin, you can't really enjoy it properly until you've got a bit of a habit imo. mmmm smack and crack yummy8(

You are exactly right about how they work, I use a drip fed tank that works by dripping liquid on to the coil thouugh.

Yeah mine's one of the ones with the wick that runs through into the vaporization chamber (soaked with the nicotine solution). The big problem with these ones is that after about 2 weeks the wick gets kind of clogged and you start to get a horrible burnt taste in your mouth. Unless it's possible to change the wick yourself (depending on the model - and in mine you can't) you have to buy a new vaporizing chamber part. While they are only a fiver each it would be a lot easier with a system like you mentioned regarding yours where the liquid drips onto the vape chamber and is vaporized that way.

I'd be very interested in trying to locate on like you suggest as I'm getting sick of having to replace the chamber so often. Some people claim to be able to get 3-4 weeks out of one but for me it's about 7-10 days before I start to taste that horrible burnt feeling and have to change the chamber.

Do you think you could stick up a couple of pics of your e-cig chamber please Owen mate just so I know what I'm looking for when I attempt to acquire one :)

Incidentally what flavor and what nicotine strength do use?

englandgz you should check out Kanger tanks, I started off with one like you have but then got a Kanger EVOD setup, the coil/wick part is replacable and can be rebuilt yourself if you want to reduce consumable costs even further.

The coil and wick is also at the bottom of the tank rather than at the top so it is easier to fill up and the liquid flows better.

There is a video of it being assembled in the link above.

Well, just thought I'd check in here & let you all know how my efforts are going...

I managed to get just on the patch but then I broke & went back to smoking 20+ a day for a few weeks. So I decided to sign up for the NHS stop smoking program. Currently on my 3rd week & I've just managed 1 day on NRT only, today should be my 2nd. I was much quicker to get on the NRT solely last time I did the program but screw it, they want you off by the 4th week... so it was only my own standards I've let myself down by. Plus even though I have been smoking over the first 2 weeks, I did manage to cut back massively only having around 50 the first week & just over 20 the second.

Let's hope it's plain sailing from here. I think the extra motivation of being on the program will help me for sure not forgetting the fact that means all my NRT products are entirely free.

Almighty bump!

^ The above never materialised, it certainly wasn't plain sailing... the psychological addiction was just too strong. I tried again with the NHS programme a few months later again to no avail, then a couple of months after that I thought I'd try something different & gave it a shot with Champix. Again no joy.

The only positive thing that came out my last attempt was having smoked only a few cigarettes a day for a month on Champix, even when I came off I felt I was able to cut back. So I did, to 20 a day, then again a month later to 15 a day & just yesterday I managed to cut back to 10 a day. I might still be smoking, but in my eyes that's a huge victory having cut back from 25 to 10 over the past few months. :)

My hope is that this is all leading to another successful quit attempt. With any luck being down to 10 a day for a couple of months will make it easier to go through the withdrawal process. I'm not entirely sure what route I'll go down but I will probably use NRT when I feel ready.

cold turkey can be quite effective for some. you have 5 days or whatever of hell, then smoking a cigarette sickens you. they smell and taste so different and toxic.

i've found that my cute little e-cig (TECC CURVE MINI) with a good strong mentholy flavour (mixed with a nice fruity flavour) for that kick e-cigs lack (even though i don't smoke menthols--YACK!) is doing me well. i keep getting cigs thrown at me off people though, but at least i'm saving money and smoking almost nothing, maybe 5 a week.

for me my best method was patches, but i'm happy with the e-cig for now.

After 20 months off I have been having around half a fag a day in three spliffs.

Not too happy about that, but have around half a kilo of low grade weed that's nicely cured, but a little rough on the throat by itself.

Guess as long as I don't actually spark a fag up I'll be okay.

You could try some smokeable herbs to replace the tobacco Jude. Mullein is a particulrarly smooth smoke, which i used along with damiana (thats quite harsh on its own but is ok mixed with other herbs) and marshmallow leaf for making my 'noid blends. Either that or pre-made herbal cigs? It would lessen the chance of you getting back on the cigs if you're not having to obtain them in the first place and using tobacco substitutes instead to help the weed go down more smoothly.

Im gonna be quitting again soon for the 1,534th time. :\ My problem with nicotine is that i find it so easy to quit once i manage to set my mind to it, that i have always relapsed after varying time spans. Hopefully not this time. I've just got some nice special treats to enjoy first that go very nicely with nicotine and would leave me craving otherwise and make the experience quite a lot less enjoyable.

Stopping vapeing would make a big difference to my health as it's not just the nicotine i would be quitting, it would be part if a much bigger change in habits. When i vape nicotine i'm really not interested in food or attempting to eat healthily. Hunger is just an inconvenience that i have to work my substance consumption around. I hope to change all this when i quit again at some point over the next couple of weeks.

It'll be the first and easiest substance to quit on a list of a number of other substances too. I believe it will help pave the way for the other quits, as I'll be that much calmer and less stressy, able to sleep easier, and eating a million times more healthily which will surely help me feel physically stronger and better and have more calm and level energy throughout the day and find it easier to cope with any of the other quits which may be a bit physically grueling in the early stages.

Last edited:
I've only smoked one actual cigarette since buying a cheap e-cig 2 or 3 weeks ago. Didn't think it would stick for me but it seems to work so I might upgrade so something a bit flashier soon. I've got the weed vape back l on the go again too (and using using both together for that spliff-like feeling), so I'm not actually inhaling any smoke at all at the moment. I wasn't smoking cigs every day but would still smoke a few a week at random points. The convenience of being able to have a couple of tokes here and there means I'm probably using the e-cig more than I was smoking cigarettes but I guess that doesn't really matter too much. Starting to feel improvements in my lung capacity when I'm out running too now which is nice - my VO2 always felt like the thing holding me back on a run.

Grab one of these and you'll be well away...
Jz3jFND.jpg

Or on a bigger budget...
C7rdeGP.jpg

Here I am, yet again...

Sick and tired of smoking & determined that I won't smoke any cigarettes in 2016. (or ever again...)

I read Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking & I think that has helped put things in perspective somewhat. I certainly don't enjoy smoking anymore & I think the only thing that has been stopping me from quitting is anxiety over the whole process, as well as planning for failure. In the end of the day it's just faulty thinking... I think it'll be hard, plan to fail & low and behold that's exactly what happens.

Well no more. Had my last cigarette a couple of hours ago & using Nicorette Quickmist now... I know Mr. Carr doesn't approve of NRT but it's worked for me before.

Here's to being a Non-Smoker... %)

I always manage to stop by using those dirty tasting lozenges at 4mg for a week or two then switching to the 2mg of vile tasting lozenges.
Then switching to gum after about a month and continuing for as long as you need it.

This is about the third time I've succeeded doing that but each time previously I've started again after a year. On hindsight I quit the chewing gum after 2-3 months this time round I used the chewing gum for 6 months. The gum which only contains nicotine is 'healthier' than a fag.

Approaching a year now so fingers crossed.

day 4 on the patch and im eating like a wild horse. im not that arsed about the fags for the moment but im getting a bit concerned at the silly amount of food im eating.

i always used to have opiates and other drugs to curb my appetite back when i quit previous times, but im trying to stay away from all that.

might become a toothpick prick for the oral fixation.

diddy%20toothpick%20oral%20fixation.jpg