• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD Gardening Club: Ploughing FUBAR's infertile Fields

Yeh, you're no doubt right - I'm only going by the average '10 weeks seed to harvest' claim by the vendors for these autos. I believe as a general rule of thumb, if under less than perfect conditions, you realistically need to add another couple of weeks, if not more.

As for the 'Shade leaves - to trim, or not to trim' debate, I gather there are two opposing schools of thought on this issue: One is what you said - I.e. they are the main 'solar panels' creating energy and nutrients for flowering. The other is that resin production is thought to be a defence against the harmful effects of UV light. Therefore, removing the shade leaves exposes more of the plant to UV thus stimulating resin production. What are your thoughts?

Dont take the fans/shades till they are exhibiting autumn colours, let them stay on the plant till they are no longer dark shiny green, aim for browning/yellowing/red shades then chop em off and let the buds expose to more light

It's a good thing you grew in pots cuz when you are flushing them (if you are.. you grew organically didn't ya? so not really a need for flushing) Take the buggers indoors and leave em in total darkness without any water for 72ish hours, that puts the resin production into megadrive! I have turned some plants into crystalline structures by doing this!

Dont take the fans/shades till they are exhibiting autumn colours, let them stay on the plant till they are no longer dark shiny green, aim for browning/yellowing/red shades then chop em off and let the buds expose to more light

It's a good thing you grew in pots cuz when you are flushing them (if you are.. you grew organically didn't ya? so not really a need for flushing) Take the buggers indoors and leave em in total darkness without any water for 72ish hours, that puts the resin production into megadrive! I have turned some plants into crystalline structures by doing this!

No need for flushing, I'm growing organically. But I've not heard that about keeping them dark and thirsty before - at what stage should I do that?

just before you are planning to harvest, 72 hours of no water or light and the crystal production goes into overdrive! seriously, give it a whirl! you will be impressed!

If you are planning to harvest in stages then 72 hrs of dark and no water then chop off the bits you want then put her back out and repeat when you are gunna take more

IMO flushing is only ever necessary if you've overfed and clogged up your soil with salt build up.
I am not convinced it serves any other purpose at all.

Also the seed companies guidelines for finishing times on autos are based on a 24/0 light cycle.

Finally @ Furbar, I see you're getting impatient ;) I've already mentioned it but look into water curing. I was forced to do it as needed to clean house so couldn't air dry. Now I'm converted. I think I'll always water cure at least 50% of my harvests.
My technique is now water cure anything that's less than 30% amber and just air dry the best of the best.
Chop to cure in 7/8 days.
I won't mention it again, don't mean to harp on, just a little bit evangelical about it as it got me out of a really sticky situation ( stinky house + nosey landlord )

but I'm not expect much tbh.
You won't expect anything unless you keep the bitch locked up in the kitchen =D.

feeble attempt at humour....

I've pm'd you a link for cheap big auto flower seeds, they've been bred to get a high yield but remain auto flowering.

Last edited:
Cheers for all the excellent tips fellas!!

Regarding Boris, I take it back. He/she has finally got off his/her fat lazy ass and spun a web overnight, which is now successfully intercepting green and black fly invasions..

Biological pest control ftw... :)

My harvesting technique is
1. Trim buds while wet. The leaves stick out making it much easier.
2. Separate big buds from the stems. The more stem you have the longer it takes to dry.
3. Place manicured buds on fly screen windows mounted on milk crates etc. Have a fan blowing on them to encourage drying.
4. Once dry place in glass jars, pop the lids every few days. Do this for a few weeks and you will have beautiful smelling and tasting well cured weed.

Any kind of water cure will remove much of the smell and taste of weed as many of the flavour terpenoids are water soluable. No way would i do that.

Indeed it does remove the taste.

But that doesn't bother me. It's stealthy. Stealthy smoking suits me for lots of reasons I cba to go into.

Another advantage is once you've soaked it for 7 days there is no chlorophyll so you can dry it fast. Oven, hairdryer, whatever.
This means there is no chance of it getting mouldy.

I once had to throw away a whole years supply of super frosty weed because I jarred it too soon and mould appeared.
That was heartbreaking and vowed never to repeat that mistake.

I get that it won't suit everyone. But if you're impatient I think it's better than speed drying if you want a bit to tide you over while the rest cures : no taste is better than something that tastes like hay imo.

Changing the subject :

Anyone have any experience with iso extracts ? I like the idea of less crap in my lungs, but don't want to spend 100s on a vape and don't want to end up with something sticky and oily and hard to work with

I never rush drying and curing. I have it down to a fine art. When you have 40lbs to dry you need your shit sorted ;)

Thanks for the poppy advice. When do you think is the best month to plant them, with regards to cold period ante-sprouting thereof, month-wise? There are some HUGE fields and embankments of waste ground I can get access to, nothing but grass in them either, and I mean the kind of grass that one does not smoke, and sadly enough hasn't been found to play host to Claviceps. So it can go and suffer a tragic accidental brushfire. Not something that can spread too far either due to geological topography of the surrounding area.

Grew some the other year, although space was limited. Did get a nice ball of opium from it though, which when refined (well of course, nobody wanted to see mucky jeans, trainers, baseball caps/bats or people picking their nose, and rather than eating it, baking it into pies for the bake sale later that year=D) and given two tickets to dance events with miss TETA and ms.propionyl chloride....what a gorgeous partnership that turned out to be, once said refined opium's chavvyt boyfriend mr.codeine was ejected from the door.

Wish I was able to see that couple more that harvest year, but sadly, they were pressed for time and space was at a premium. Nearly drowned after 'accidentally' falling into a bucket of methanol several times, and only timely evaporation of same saved them from...cough...ahem...'drowning'

FUBAR, when you plant poppies, do you do the straw too? or CYNBF?

Any tips for growing khat from seed? or Belladonna? (got me some seeds for that lovely looking aryan beautiful lady, who whilst turning up to the event is content to sit and watch for the vast majority of the event, not just the regular type although I have seeds for that, but the one that
produces blonde flowers, a light yellowy cream color. Got them sent from a lovely lady from one of the autie/aspie fora, all the way from her garden in OZ..even the seeds are a pale blonde cream color)

And yes there are plenty of minor alkaloids in opium poppies that modify the effects of the main opioid in there, morphine of course, and if its only being taken orally then codeine too although that HAS to be stripped out if preparing an isolate for injection. Best done before the acylation, as I've no idea about solvent solubilities of propionylcodeines and I'd really rather not have to bugger about finding out.

Last edited:
If some one could give a short tutorial on their experience on growing soniferium poppies, I'd love to read it. I have sown them for cold germination in late March but can't get past the thinning problem . Is it just a question of room for plants?

Eta: I've had belldonna growing behind a house in an alley garden-benign neglect was all that was required. There was no way to accurately measure the dose so never sampled those plants.

I do not wish to use the plant as a deliriant, it does have some medicinal use however.

Did you plant the deadly nightshade yourself? or did it simply 'appear'? Because apparently the seeds contain some sort of germination inhibitor, so I'm wondering if they must be soaked, or the inhibitor substance somehow leached out, via say, passing through the gut of some kind of animal (no, I am not going to be that animal, if needs be, petri dishes will serve as my 'animal'

As I have never attempted to grow cannabis myself, I am clueless but I have always been living with or sitting to next man or woman that does. I do not profess to know what is best for the nursery members. But as I have always sourced my bud directly from the grower I get various bits and bobs from time to time including piles of shade and home pressed kif type matter and when ones tolerance is low I am simply stating that there's nowt wrong with a bit of shade in a smoke.

Was it not yesterday that I had the entire website against me for suggesting tobacco is a good addition to joints? Even if it's the most inferior of cannabis products then should I just fuck it off and stick to pure tobacco while I have no decent weed or add half shade leaf for a mild lean and to reduce to the tobacco content of a smoke.

I do not profess to have any knowledge in how to grow high quality cannabis myself, but I suggest smoking this instead of tobacco following the amount of criticism I faced yesterday for suggesting the former, now I suggest an alternative and that is deemed inappropriate as well.

I do smoke indica and sativa cross breed bud of many different strains more or less all of the time, with and without tobacco, and when I'm, on very rare occasions, given a oz of shade leaf am I supposed to just flush it?

I'm with you on this one Stee. 'Beggars can't be choosers' and 'as long as it fuckin burns (preferably with the addition of a little baccy)', are my favourite marijuana mottos.

I cut my cannabis caning canines in a time (pre-soapbar) when good cheap hash was the norm - the Howard Marks years. Incidentally, a large proportion of the hash in my particular locale was allegedly (actually) supplied by the son of a famous moral crusader now deceased. Conversely, quality weed was a rarity. It was always a bit of a disappointment when your dealer only had that compressed Jamaican bush full of stems and seeds and things you don't need. Ok, it did the job but was a pain in the arse to skin up with and was usually the same price on the Oz as hash. However, I did always enjoy a bit of 'homegrown' when it was available. Now this wasn't the homegrown we're familiar with today - this was basically just the leaves from a few plants grown by amateurs from seeds acquired from the aforementioned Jamaican, or similar, and was a cheap as fuckin chips! But I liked the taste, smell and effects - it was more uplifting and less heavy than much of the hash around at the time. Ok, you had to pretty much smoke it neat, preferably in a bong, but at a tenner for a couple of Oz who cares?

I reckon stoners today are just bloody spoilt, and very wasteful with their shit.

can anyone point me to a crash course in poppy farming? i live in a pretty rural area so i'm not pressed for space, although i technically don't own any land..

Poppies reseed themselves in my garden every year so they must be pretty undemanding. Whenever you start small seeds the trick is keeping them evenly moistened in the beginning. Are you going to start the seeds in pots and then transplant? They are pretty tender little things to transplant so you might sow the seeds thickly and then plant the whole pots and thin once you see the strongest plants in the batch.

These are my Little babies! the Plant on the left is a regular ( Non-Auto ) delicious cotton candy (75% saliva 25 % indica) and the one on the right is an auto flowering dr kriplings choc orange ( choc magic x cream mandarin)

tf61f3d.jpg

They are both 30 days old. I planted them in regular B&Q compost and just water them sparingly.

I didn't buy to get great bud yields. I bought the Auto seed and got the other free. I just wanted to see what i could achieve with a UK balcony grow with only 4 hours direct sunlight a day. Just a bit of fun really but they are both doing great!!