• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD Gardening Club: Ploughing FUBAR's infertile Fields

Oh and make those cookies from leaf after you harvest. Leave the shade leaves on the plants or you will stunt their growth and limit their flowering potential.

As a long time dope grower i have to disagree. Harsh smoke, hardly any thc. Plus shade leaves provide plants valuable energy plus nutrients when flowering. If you do anything with them put a heap in butter and make cookies.
Leave them on the plants is my advice. They certainly are not worth smoking.

Yeh, I wasn't sure whether to remove them or not - I usually do, but promised myself I wouldn't with these. But they had got so fuckin big it was like the plant had an overcoat on - all the side branches were completely covered. So I cracked. Now I'm smoking them. And my opinion is they ARE worth smoking. Yes, a little harsh admittedly, but in a nice way.

Refer to my above post. Sacrificing yield and bud quality for a shade leaf smoke is well....silly.

Can we have a progress pic of yer garden FUBAR? I'd love to see how yer babies are coming along :) glad that the fan leaves have gotten ya stoned too, thats a defo sign of good things to come!! have you resorted to clipping a few popcorn nugs off and drying em in the microwave? When I grew I would end up smoking all the small popcorn nugs before the plants were ready to harvest! needs must n all, speaking of which, I am waiting on a 10g slab of some gorgeous moroccan waterhash, cannot wait for that to arrive, has been forever since I last blazed

Can we have a progress pic of yer garden FUBAR? I'd love to see how yer babies are coming along :) glad that the fan leaves have gotten ya stoned too, thats a defo sign of good things to come!! have you resorted to clipping a few popcorn nugs off and drying em in the microwave? When I grew I would end up smoking all the small popcorn nugs before the plants were ready to harvest! needs must n all, speaking of which, I am waiting on a 10g slab of some gorgeous moroccan waterhash, cannot wait for that to arrive, has been forever since I last blazed

Yeh, I'll take some pics later mate.

As for the nuggets, I ain't touching them until they're ready...

You forget you lot have good weather. We have to maximise the meagre sunshine we get.
Which is exactly why you need shade leaves. They are your plants solar panels / nutrient storage / photosynthesis factories.

Yeh, I'll take some pics later mate.

As for the nuggets, I ain't touching them until they're ready...

Fair play mate, can't wait to see how they are getting on! hope that soil mix has done its job!

FUckin hell man you have the patience of a saint! I couldn't resist having a cheeky smoke

Every cheaky small bud taken is one less prime bud to harvest. Better to go buy a bag of weed. If you have pounds on a plant it doesn't matter but if its only a few ounces its just not worth it.

Every cheaky small bud taken is one less prime bud to harvest. Better to go buy a bag of weed. If you have pounds on a plant it doesn't matter but if its only a few ounces its just not worth it.

I know mate, this was when I was living in london and a bag of weed was 1.4g for £20, I had a fair few plants going so it didn't really bother me too much, that was when I was doing my 'breeding experiments' lol
I wish I had some of the seeds left from those days (bastard pigs took the lot) I had bred NYC diesel with LA confidential, was a fucking gorgeous hybrid! Only problem was its stench! even with 4 ONA blocks and a carbon filter you could still smell the fuckers!

Anyone think theres still time to plant out a field of poppies? got a nice big pot full of seed and I want the plants ready for working with later this year if possible.

I would think that it's far too late for the UK, the seeds typically need 4 months to germinate and for the pods to reach full maturity. It's at that stage that they require the strongest sunshine and least rain to ensure that as many alkaloids rise through the stems and into the pods as possible. It would be mid-November by then, even with the UKs freak-show weather i totally doubt that we're due a heat wave from mid-October - mid-November.

Better having patience and taking Fubar's advise and try planting the seeds in the Autumn. I'm sorry to say your crop would probably just stop any growth it had made, even assuming we get good weather for the rest of July and September, which is a massive assumption in itself obviously, I'm certain that once the sun looses its warmth just after September that what might be healthy saplings by then they would all just stop growing and wither away. :\

There are loads of alkaloids in good pods from Thebaine, to Codeine (which i believe the body may convert into Morphine) and many others which i cannot currently recall. :\

Here are the pictures of my three 'AutoMazar' plants started on 15/05/16.

XEyIgBt.jpg

This one is doing very well, 55cm high and already packing pistils at every node. I hope to get a good yield of this in another month.

bwCKmpt.jpg

I dunno what's happened with this cunt. it's only just starting to poke its head over the edge of the bucket, but I've a feeling it will suddenly come on strong over the next few weeks. No sign of pistils yet, which is good as it might have chance to grow bigger before flowering.

taPyAJa.jpg

This is the bastard runt of the litter. Just look at those mutant leaves. However, I'm not giving up on it yet. It may need a few more weeks, it may have reverted to a photoperiod plant. I still have time, as well as Phase 2, and Phase 3 which will shortly be in production once them Dutch twats send me my Nightqueen seeds...

The images above were posted on 2nd July. Here are the same plants today:

This one now stands 72cm tall, and had its fan leaves removed yesterday so looks a little spindly atm. It's budding up nicely now and I reckon it's got about 3 weeks left. It also has a resident spider called Boris - not because he's a spider, but because he's a fat useless cunt...

This one has come on in leaps and bounds and promises to be quite a bushy bugger.

Even the stunted runt is doing a lot better now, but I'm not expect much tbh.

As a long time dope grower i have to disagree. Harsh smoke, hardly any thc. Plus shade leaves provide plants valuable energy plus nutrients when flowering. If you do anything with them put a heap in butter and make cookies.
Leave them on the plants is my advice. They certainly are not worth smoking.

As I have never attempted to grow cannabis myself, I am clueless but I have always been living with or sitting to next man or woman that does. I do not profess to know what is best for the nursery members. But as I have always sourced my bud directly from the grower I get various bits and bobs from time to time including piles of shade and home pressed kif type matter and when ones tolerance is low I am simply stating that there's nowt wrong with a bit of shade in a smoke.

Was it not yesterday that I had the entire website against me for suggesting tobacco is a good addition to joints? Even if it's the most inferior of cannabis products then should I just fuck it off and stick to pure tobacco while I have no decent weed or add half shade leaf for a mild lean and to reduce to the tobacco content of a smoke.

I do not profess to have any knowledge in how to grow high quality cannabis myself, but I suggest smoking this instead of tobacco following the amount of criticism I faced yesterday for suggesting the former, now I suggest an alternative and that is deemed inappropriate as well.

I do smoke indica and sativa cross breed bud of many different strains more or less all of the time, with and without tobacco, and when I'm, on very rare occasions, given a oz of shade leaf am I supposed to just flush it?

The images above were posted on 2nd July. Here are the same plants today:

This one now stands 72cm tall, and had its fan leaves removed yesterday so looks a little spindly atm. It's budding up nicely now and I reckon it's got about 3 weeks left. It also has a resident spider called Boris - not because he's a spider, but because he's a fat useless cunt...

This one has come on in leaps and bounds and promises to be quite a bushy bugger.

Even the stunted runt is doing a lot better now, but I'm not expect much tbh.

Awesome man :)

They are looking nice n healthy, obviously being auto's the yield isn't gunna me anything to write home about but id say you'll get a nice bit off that first one, nothing better than smoking yer own harvest tho is there?

What are the strains again mate?

As I have never attempted to grow cannabis myself, I am clueless but I have always been living with or sitting to next man or woman that does. I do not profess to know what is best for the nursery members. But as I have always sourced my bud directly from the grower I get various bits and bobs from time to time including piles of shade and home pressed kif type matter and when ones tolerance is low I am simply stating that there's nowt wrong with a bit of shade in a smoke.

Was it not yesterday that I had the entire website against me for suggesting tobacco is a good addition to joints? Even if it's the most inferior of cannabis products then should I just fuck it off and stick to pure tobacco while I have no decent weed or add half shade leaf for a mild lean and to reduce to the tobacco content of a smoke.

I do not profess to have any knowledge in how to grow high quality cannabis myself, but I suggest smoking this instead of tobacco following the amount of criticism I faced yesterday for suggesting the former, now I suggest an alternative and that is deemed inappropriate as well.

I do smoke indica and sativa cross breed bud of many different strains more or less all of the time, with and without tobacco, and when I'm, on very rare occasions, given a oz of shade leaf am I supposed to just flush it?
Cook it stee. Make cookies. Why ruin a sweet tasting joint with harsh shade leaves? Bud trim is ok to mix joints but still a bit harsh. None of this was a personal go at you so please dont think it is or was. Just weed talk my friend.

Awesome man :)

They are looking nice n healthy, obviously being auto's the yield isn't gunna me anything to write home about but id say you'll get a nice bit off that first one, nothing better than smoking yer own harvest tho is there?

What are the strains again mate?

Those 3 are AutoMazar - indica dominant. Approximately one month later I started another 3 AutoMazars - but one failed to germinate and one got murdered as a seedling by a ninja slug. But the third one is doing very well (see below) and is already half as tall as the best plant above.

I've currently got 2 x AutoNightqueen seeds germinating in tissue paper. Yet another indica dominant strain. I like my bodystones... :)

FUBAR that big plant has way more than 3 weeks left on it mate. Even once the buds are looking fully formed they still fatten up. The calyxs swell up. They increase their weight by nearly 30% in the two last weeks of budding. Pick when half the fibres are red. I would say you have at least 6 weeks left.

FUBAR that big plant has way more than 3 weeks left on it mate. Even once the buds are looking fully formed they still fatten up. The calyxs swell up. They increase their weight by nearly 30% in the two last weeks of budding. Pick when half the fibres are red. I would say you have at least 6 weeks left.

Yeh, you're no doubt right - I'm only going by the average '10 weeks seed to harvest' claim by the vendors for these autos. I believe as a general rule of thumb, if under less than perfect conditions, you realistically need to add another couple of weeks, if not more.

As for the 'Shade leaves - to trim, or not to trim' debate, I gather there are two opposing schools of thought on this issue: One is what you said - I.e. they are the main 'solar panels' creating energy and nutrients for flowering. The other is that resin production is thought to be a defence against the harmful effects of UV light. Therefore, removing the shade leaves exposes more of the plant to UV thus stimulating resin production. What are your thoughts?

I dont know about the uv thing. Thats just a theory and really has no basis. On the other hand my point being you need shade leaves to provide nutrients and energy is science. Plus i have never had any problems with resin production and i never removed shade leaves unless they were rotting. Leave em on. That plant certainly needs more than 3 weeks. 6 weeks and you should be apples bro.

You took the word outta my mouth, I was bout to say the same, that big plant looks to me like it has at least 5/6 weeks left to go, you want the plant to have swollen up and all the pistils to have browned and the shade/fan leaves to have turned 'autumn'.

i use a jewellers loupe to monitor the trichs ( I aim for 35% amber/60% cloudy/5% clear) I generally chop in stages, generally the kolas go first as they seem to ripen quickest then let the lower branches mature till they are at the same level,
Or sometimes I will harvest the lower buds early when they are 60% cloudy 20% amber 20% clear for a more sativa energetic buzz and leave the kolas go fully amber for a more narcotic high