• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD Gardening Club: Ploughing FUBAR's infertile Fields

Doesn't it just?

Our summer has turned out to be a fuckin washout - but apparently the sun is going to get his hat on (hip hip hip hooray) later this month so I'm going to get 3 more seeds when I get paid at the end of July for phase 4 which should be ready about mid October...

Have a look through these suppliers https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=goedkope+wietzaadjes
You'd be able to buy 5 seeds for less than what you pay for 3 seeds at the English sites plus some do free shipping.

Have a look through these suppliers https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=goedkope+wietzaadjes
You'd be able to buy 5 seeds for less than what you pay for 3 seeds at the English sites plus some do free shipping.

Thanks man, I'll check these out :)

Recently, a couple of my plants have been displaying evidence of slug damage. I couldn't understand how they were breaching my copper tape defence. Then I realised that some of the leaves were touching the sides of the poly greenhouse, and the slimy little bags of shit were crawling up the plastic, then onto my plants, having a good munch, then fucking off before daylight. Crafty little shites...

I bet your slug is showing signs of damage too ;)

Wouldn't be the first time :(

Had a right old ding dong with the Mrs yesterday - fuckin bitch ripped up most of my poppies! She then threatened to do the same with my weed - but I made it very clear I would not be held responsible for the consequences :|

Wouldn't be the first time :(

Had a right old ding dong with the Mrs yesterday - fuckin bitch ripped up most of my poppies! She then threatened to do the same with my weed - but I made it very clear I would not be held responsible for the consequences :|
My Ex insisted i grew it! She didn't touch it either..You can draw your own conclusions.

FUBAR how far did you get with the poppies? I didn't get much further than sprouts when they had to be thinned. I've gotten a couple plants over the years to flower but they were small (maybe 9-12 inches) and definitely unimpressive.

I grew poppies a few years. You need cold temperatures to activate the seeds then free draining soil and lots of sun. I got about 1/4 oz of opium the years that i grew them. I did have the highest alkaloid strain from our CSIRO ( scientists ) because a mate worked for them. Good times.

FUBAR how far did you get with the poppies? I didn't get much further than sprouts when they had to be thinned. I've gotten a couple plants over the years to flower but they were small (maybe 9-12 inches) and definitely unimpressive.

Well, they WERE doing quite well thank you - until the dragon got her hands on them yesterday!

Here's one I grew last year. This fucker was 6 foot tall:

Sadly, that too got uprooted in a rag rage...

But as Consumer says, you really need to sow the seeds very early in the year, preferably in the preceding autumn as frosts help the germination process.

That's an amazing poppy Fubar! Never seen one that big (I bet you used to get told that all the time ;) ).

As well as planting the preceeding Autumn would you also recommend growing the plants singly like you have done above? Im sure that the mistake i made during the one year when i had 100% perfect weather conditions right the way through was just trying to cram too many into small an area, so that each individual plant did not have enough space or spare nutritious soil to reach its full height, and for the pods to reach a good size and hopefully mature virtually dripping in Alkaloids.

The plants were growing like a lawn of grass initially, even though i had consciously made an effort to sow them thinly, meaning that i had to spend a hell of a lot of time over the following months thinning out huge parts of the growing areas, and then later any runts, stragglers, or slow growers would also get sacrificed for the greater good. All in vain. Except as a learning process, of learning by doing, and learning by my mistakes. All is far from lost in that regard as I have acquired a great deal of knowledge and experience which hopefully I will be able to put to good use at some point, later in my life. :\

Last edited:
That's an amazing poppy Fubar! Never seen one that big (I bet you used to get told that all the time ;) ).

As well as planting the preceeding Autumn would you also recommend growing the plants singly like you have done above? Im sure that the mistake i made during the one year when i had 100% perfect weather conditions right the way through was just trying to cram too many into small an area, so that each individual plant did not have enough space or spare nutritious soil to reach its full height, and for the pods to reach a good size and hopefully mature virtually dripping in Alkaloids.

The plants were growing like a lawn of grass initially, even though i had consciously made an effort to sow them thinly, meaning that i had to spend a hell of a lot of time over the following months thinning out huge parts of the growing areas, and then later any runts, stragglers, or slow growers would also get sacrificed for the greater good. All in vain. Except as a learning process, of learning by doing, and learning by my mistakes. All is far from lost in that regard as I have acquired a great deal of knowledge and experience which hopefully I will be able to put to good use at some point, later in my life. :\

Thank you. And yes, I've been told that many a time ;)

I'm no expert, but in my limited experience they are very competitive. Too many close together results in them all being stunted, but one or two in a small area can grow fuckin huge. They seem to be a law unto themselves - I've sown thousands of seeds over the last few years, with a less than 1% success rate. Then they have to survive the slugs (and my fuckin Mrs). They like a well drained loamy soil - which I ain't got, so its all a bit hit or miss really...

I've sown thousands of seeds too, but with a 100% germination success rate. I think that has been the root of all my poppy gardening troubles, if you'll forgive the lame gardening pun.

The amount of seeds i was sowing would have needed a 15 acre field not a tiny growing area, plus an army of Afghan farmers who would work all day for a penny and some food, to harvest the alkaloids once the pods had matured! :eek:

Just sampling a spliff rolled from the shade leaves I trimmed off my best plant a couple of days ago. All is good :)

Shade leaves. Ewwwww.

Shut yer gob ya pot snob! ;) Ok, I've got fuck all tolerance at the moment and have been supping karpackie all day, but I've definitely crossed over from being slightly pissed to feeling irie... :)

Conversely, I've injected 1000 mics of your Swiss Bliss into my eyeball and can't feel a thing! Anyway got to go, just catching a teapot taxi with the pot head pixies down the oily way to find zero the hero...

Last edited:
Shut yer gob ya pot snob! ;) Ok, I've got fuck all tolerance at the moment and have been supping karpackie all day, but I've definitely crossed over from being slightly pissed to feeling irie... :)

Conversely, I've injected 1000 mics of your Swiss Bliss into my eyeball and can't feel a thing! Anyway got to go, just catching a teapot taxi with the pot head pixies down the oily way to find zero the hero...
Revenge shall be mine!

It's still noice to slap some shade in a doob once its been shaken and if you know there are better things still growing / curing to come....

Just got lucky on a hike, found (and mind you, ate most of) two giant puffballs, reasonable size. The leftovers are being left to ripen in the hope of obtaining viable spores. Already got TONS of them for a smaller species, Lycoperdon of some stripe or other, didn't bother IDing to species level since they are not a poisonous family, the earthballs (Scleroderma spp. ) are quite toxic but cannot easily be confused. At least not to anyone with two working eyes.

And got a pot full of harvested ergot (Claviceps purpurea, ergot of rye, although uniquely for the genus, its not restricted like the rest of the ergots to either a single host species [they are non-obligate parasites, although in the natural state they do not grow saprophyticaly.] Rather have C.paspali, less chromatography crap to have to slog through. Assuming one can attain a stable (and preferably conidial) strain, alkaloid producers have this nasty habit of not being conidia-producing strains, but it IS possible.

Going to set up the ol' skunkworks for biotech again rather than mostly organic, once a few loose ends are tied up. Gods, I'd LOVE to get a giant puffball farm going. Considering what effective spore producers and rapid growers they are, and the fact they are not a mycorrhizal species, which form associations with trees or other plants in a symbiotic manner, ala fly agaric and the rest of the Amanitas, the boletes, maitake, Pleurotus eryngii, etc. etc. etc.

I mean....shit....just ONE of those fuckers, at full size could produce absolutely masses of dried puffball 'steaks', for rehydration, ala porcini. I've never seen one in the wild so big, but I've heard of record-breakers weighing 100kg and being over a meter and a half in diameter. Thats one huge fucking mushroom. Wouldn't even need to produce that many specimens, if a good strain can be isolated.

It's still noice to slap some shade in a doob once its been shaken and if you know there are better things still growing / curing to come....
As a long time dope grower i have to disagree. Harsh smoke, hardly any thc. Plus shade leaves provide plants valuable energy plus nutrients when flowering. If you do anything with them put a heap in butter and make cookies.
Leave them on the plants is my advice. They certainly are not worth smoking.