• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD Film Recommendations v5 - TBC

indeed. he is quite good but his fans can get a bit overexcited...

i did love pulp fiction. and indeed havent seen it in at least 5 years. next week for sure!

anyone seen The Councillor?

I watched Isao Takahata's first film as a director, one of the first feature length anime films from 1968... The Little Norse Prince.

I thought the animation was pretty impressive for 1968! Certainly very similar of the Ghibli films that follow many years later, which isn't surprising considering Miyazaki was leading the animation & doing the scene design. For some reason I thought the titles of the film were reminiscent of some of the old Westerns. Being an older film, it's a lot slower burning but it was still pretty entertaining. A good plot with a mystical Scandinavians element to it.

I need a film to watch tonight, anyone got any suggestions for films on Netflix?

cant really recommend anything on netflix, but you had some good suggestion of anime in that thread by the last poster (the girl who leapt through time iirc) ;)

cant really recommend anything on netflix, but you had some good suggestion of anime in that thread by the last poster (the girl who leapt through time iirc) ;)

I've seen the girl who leapt through time... quite enjoyed it. I think I might have been on codeine or drinking a bottle of red wine when I saw it. :D

The Unbelievers chatty

Ah yeah I remember you mentioned that. Not in the mood for that tonight but added it to my list... cheers!

Off to trawl through Netflix now...

Moonrise Kingdom by Wes Anderson, really good story, great cast and entertaining to watch. I very much liked it. Also the paedo in me really appreciated the troubled girl in the film. I probably shouldn't have said that.

In the end I watched Melancholia last night.

Quite enjoyed it... Kirstin Dunst really played her role well. At times it was a bit slow & tedious but considering the subject matter is depression, that's quite fitting really.

The new planet of the apes film.. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes was amazing..

Just finished watching it.. one of those films that you don't want to end.

I'm not sure whether I want to see that or not... perhaps.

I saw the new Gozilla. Wasn't a half bad film. Plenty of action and some pretty sweet CGI.

Also watched Homefront on Netflix tonight. Pretty solid instalment from Jason Statham. It's nothing groundbreaking but it gets the job done in a satisfying way if you know what I mean... not his best but far from his worst. Having said that, I don't think I've seen a Jason Statham film I didn't like, can't take these things too seriously. :D

got back from the theatre just. seen Gone Girl

MV5BMTk0MDQ3MzAzOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzU1NzE3MjE@._V1_SY317_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

what a delightful movie. loved it. somewhat of a psychological thriller, with many twists and turns, and great acting all around. terrific...

I just watched Pom Poko

I've put off watching this Ghibli instalment for quite a long time but it was quite endearing & fun really. I did however miss about half of it whilst browsing on my laptop, so I think I'll have to watch it again soon. Perhaps next time I have some form of opiate... Studio Ghibli + Opioids = <3

Nightcrawler with Jake Gyllenghall has recived reviews as 'one of the best films of the year'. must watch that when i get the chance. Apparently its a bit like Taxi Driver in its style and subject matter. Sounds like it would be right up my street. JG is growing on me too, not too keen on him at first.

no, looks and sounds interesting thoiugh despite its relatively low rating (those ratings dont neceassrily mean much)

thast the sort of thing i like, like some of the best japanese horror films like The Grudge and Dark Water, the eerie atmosphere they create is way better than anything Hollywood can do. They are genuinely unsetlling films, which are good to watch every now and then.

thast the sort of thing i like, like some of the best japanese horror films like The Grudge and Dark Water, the eerie atmosphere they create is way better than anything Hollywood can do. They are genuinely unsetlling films, which are good to watch every now and then.

I thought so, have you seen 'open grave' ? Another darkish movie along that line (again worth a watch if you like that sort of thing). Japanese horror? The Apprentice ?

lol, I fail to see a japanese connection to The Apprentice, but as i gather you are some kind of "globe trotter" you may not be watching the british version:?

Yeah, watched that automata the other day - quite good: antonio banderas and robots - quite nicely done visuals

Also watched Coherence - a'cerebral' sci-fi time paradox dinner party based film - little slow but quite good.

Then watched a film called The Signal (2014) - quite good sci fi about some hackers and which gets quite interesting

- but it's confusing cos i thought i was downloading another film called The Signal (2013) which i'm going to try to find later.

Not to be confused with a third film i watched a few weeks ago called The Signal (2007) - a dark horror where everyone goes psycho after a signal comes through the telly - this was good too with some quite comical moments in the middle.

Finally, watched the new planet of the apes ('Dawn of...' dunno if it's been mentioned before) - i actually found it good; better than the previous one i thought (when i worked out you needed subtitles to understand the apes)