• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [DXM Subthread] First Plateau Trips

Merged this DXM question posted as a new thread in here. Please try to remember to post basic questions about DXM, LSD, mushrooms, and mescaline/cactus in their corresponding basic questions threads.

:)

Couple dex questions

A few of my friends want to trip on dxm tomorrow and boredom got the best of me. I haven't dexed in about a year and when I did I used it twice a month. I gotta few questions.

Will a single high 3rd Plateau trip leave me off the norm for more than a day or two, I mean will it make me nutty, weird, psychotic any longer than the trip and hangover? I'd like to avoid scewing my perceptions of reality and self.

And one more, I did a search on amphetamine + DXM and didn't find much. If someone where to take 35mg of Adderall(With Tolerance) + Tums an hour or so into a the plateau, How dangerous is the combo. I've mixed them before (+100mg of addy and 8 Triple C's, 60mg addy +a bottle of Robo) but I was careless back then. How about Weed?

thanks

While the trip may leave you physically hung over for more than a day the mental effects for the vast majority of people will be gone within 24 hours (95% gone in 12 hours).

Amphetamines do not mix well with DXM, however I do not have experience with Adderall so I have no idea what type of effects 35mg would have. Basically if the dose is not enough to significantly stimulate you then it should be ok. But you still have to ask yourself why? personally I would love to take some some stimulates to stop me from passing out on high doses of DXM - but the counterpoint is why would I want to take a drug that will counteract the effects of the DXM so much?

Weed on the other hand is perfect, so smoke a little, hell if you've got some coin get the best bud you can possibly get your hands on, hold off smoking until you are almost at the point where you can't physically hold the bong and then smoke up until your in another galaxy - it'll fuck you, but unlike the adderall it wont hurt you.

Finally, leave the CCC's - if for some sick twisted reason you like the feeling that the CCC's give you just get a bottle of Robotussin DX and a bottle of Dramamine, or better just lose the Dramamine - the deleriant effects don't make it better, just harder to remember how bad it was.

dude, if you like serotonin syndrome chug your cough syrup while being on a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI)...

Don't do it, it has been proven to be fatal several times. read the dxm faq on erowid

serotonin syndrome isnt always fatal..but imo it aint worth risking for the trip. if you really wanna trip go off the ssri, wait for it to be out of your system then do the dxm. That'd fuck up your meds though :/

sure, serotonin syndrom isn't fatal, but there are a ton of other things that can occur while doing DXM and SSRI together.

some quotes from erowid

Never take DXM with the SSRI antidepressants Desyrel (trazodone) or Serzone (nefazodone); these combinations have resulted in liver damage.

Be very careful combining DXM with SSRI and tricyclic antidepressants (i.e., those in common use), and never use DXM when taking more than one drug at a time for depression, due to the potential for serotonin syndrome

Fluoxetine and other SSRI antidepressants, as well as tricyclics and lithium (and of course MAOIs) may interact with DXM to cause serotonin syndrome (see Section 6.2.9). This condition, although rarely fatal, is not terribly pleasant. Some DXM users who have taken DXM while on antidepressants have reported unpleasant reactions that sound a lot like serotonin syndrome, so you might want to watch out. Some of the symptoms of serotonin syndrome include muscle rigidity, confusion, diarrhea, incoordination, low-grade fever, sweating, muscle tremor, mania, agitation, exaggerated reflexes, and nausea.

i guess these guys have reasons for being concerned. I would NOT do it, and i recommend you to quit dxm while being on a SSRI.

The Hoff Bomb said:
A few of my friends want to trip on dxm tomorrow and boredom got the best of me. I haven't dexed in about a year and when I did I used it twice a month. I gotta few questions.

Will a single high 3rd Plateau trip leave me off the norm for more than a day or two, I mean will it make me nutty, weird, psychotic any longer than the trip and hangover? I'd like to avoid scewing my perceptions of reality and self.

And one more, I did a search on amphetamine + DXM and didn't find much. If someone where to take 35mg of Adderall(With Tolerance) + Tums an hour or so into a the plateau, How dangerous is the combo. I've mixed them before (+100mg of addy and 8 Triple C's, 60mg addy +a bottle of Robo) but I was careless back then. How about Weed?

thanks

I would stay away from combining dxm with an amphetamine, I got sicker than hell from the combo of dxm and dexedrine. Morning glory tea goes well with dxm and is easily available if you are looking for somthing to give it an extra kick. You will most likely puke from the combo though.

^no clue. But damn..had a bad trip on dxm today. Zicam, that shit kicks me in the ass everytime. Might account to the fact that I get motion sick easily and I'm already peaking and dizzy as hell, she backs up real fast in the car and from there on I was freaking out. But like always I don't regret it. Sigh. I just wanna go back to dxmland : | I remember thinking as I was coming down, reality, you suck. And lots of other ludacris thoughts.

i swallowed 20 robitussin gelcaps (300mg dxm) on an empty stomach a few days ago and felt almost nothing, aside from slight nausea about two hours in that went away just as quickly as it came. no dissociative effects that couldn't be attributed to placebo.

i wasn't on any other drugs at the time; the last thing i took was 20mg ambien the night before to fall asleep. this was my third time trying dxm... the first with 150mg, which was light but noticeable, and the second with 300mg, which incapacitated me with oevs, cevs, the whole nine yards.

any ideas why it didn't work this time?

ymtw,
i did the same exact thing (20 robotussin gelcaps), and experienced the same thing as you did a few nights ago.

i feel ripped off! that shit was supposed to work.
i had eaten dinner about 3-4 hours previous, didnt feel full at all. (i was actually kinda ready for 4th meal haha)

this is fucking with my head. I still feel off from a third plateau off Zicam two days ago (I don't use Zicam often, could this be why?). If I hold my body in certain positions I can be out of my body again and I still feel very "whoaish". I don't remember if this happened the last time I used Zicam but its driving me nuts. The room still spins slightly and I'm definitely not back to base. Damnit how long is this going to last? Longest its gone on after a trip.

rogan said:
Perfectly fine if they are both DXM only, if they are not DXM only I would do two separate extractions just to be sure.
thanks

i normally feel like shit when i drink the syrup, but say i dose like 300mg dxm extract, will i still feel like shit after?