Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Duromine (Phentermine) Query!

sir pacman

Bluelighter
Hi folks,

Done some research including looking at Erowid and searching bluelight but would like further info.

Got prescribed 30mg Duromine today to help me lose weight and was wondering if anyone has had this medication?

Seems like some people dont like it and some do.

Also was wondering if anyone can confirm that this drug is similar to amphetamine and therefore would cause a positive test at roadside drug stop.

Cheers!

Never taken it but have heard it has some similar effects to amphetamine because it's a sympathomimetic amine, similar in chemical make-up to amphetamine.

Not sure about roadside tests sorry

Last edited:
If you're concerned it may return a positive result under roadside drug testing then ensure you carry a copy of your script when driving. This should ensure it's recorded when/if you're taken back to the station and you're questioned regarding the positive result.

Another thing to keep in mind is when the GCMS testing is carried out on your saliva it will be able to differentiate between Duromine and Methamphetamine.

No other information to offer sorry. :(

If you're concerned it may return a positive result under roadside drug testing then ensure you carry a copy of your script when driving. This should ensure it's recorded when/if you're taken back to the station and you're questioned regarding the positive result.(

great advice there, lil :) i've gotten in the habit of carrying mine around with me when i'm driving because i'm on narcotics (morphine) and have benzo scripts from time to time.

Problem is dont have script as dont get repeats have to go see doctor when I need more.

Might just have to carry empty box in car and keep tabs at home.

As long as the saliva test shows duromine rather than meth then should be no problem as well.

Thanks for your help and time.

I was given 1 by a friend. The Caps were slow release. I took 1 full cap and smoked a joint and drank a beer. I felt the inital effects of it quite quickly. A definite speedy feeling.

We continued on to anther location where I drank about 6 beers in 2 hours and had several cones. These seemed to have little effect. I was lightheaded but they hadnt really touched the sides.

Continuded to drink at another location for about 6 more hours. Definitely drank more than normal. Similar to drinking on speed. The hangover was quite extreme combinded witha come down.

Suggested friend get off them, they subsequently noticed the difference in perception and the come down after stopping usage.

Problem is dont have script as dont get repeats have to go see doctor when I need more.

Might just have to carry empty box in car and keep tabs at home.

As long as the saliva test shows duromine rather than meth then should be no problem as well.

Thanks for your help and time.

Raise your concerns with the doctor and he/she may write a letter stating it's been prescribed for medical use. I'm not overly familiar with the drug driving legislation but I would imagine if you're detected driving with an amphetamine like substance in your system, and it's not prescribed, then you could be charged with DUI.

Just something to consider. :\

Going to see the police tomorrow to see if I can find out whether it will result in a positive test and if it does then whether a letter from doctor is acceptable.

Hi folks,

Done some research including looking at Erowid and searching bluelight but would like further info.

Got prescribed 30mg Duromine today to help me lose weight and was wondering if anyone has had this medication?

Seems like some people dont like it and some do.

Also was wondering if anyone can confirm that this drug is similar to amphetamine and therefore would cause a positive test at roadside drug stop.

Cheers!

I went to my doctor wanting to try these to see if i could shed any weight, he put me on the same as you, 30mg Duromine.

My experience with them didn't seem too great, i sweated a lot more, had the worst cotton mouth, didn't seem to wake me up or feel any speedier than usual. I would also get very angry when on them, i'm usually an angry person and get aggitated and wound up easily, but these would make it worse.

They did however do there job and stopped me from being hungry throughout most of the day.

I have a repeat left but am unsure whether to stay on them or not, good side is they are an appetite supressent, bad side.. i got angry n uncomfortable.

that's my 2 cents :)

I tried phentermine about ten years ago (duramine 30mgs) to help lose weight. Trust me when I say this 'duramine is the devil". The speedy effects you get from duramine doesn't have any real recreational value. It gives you alot of energy and suppresses the appetite as well as increasing the metabolic rate too. When taking these capsules for an extended period of time you will lose weight. You will be able to strip off alot of weight but sadly it will ALL return and maybe a bit more. When I was on this shit it did my head in. I was like the incredable hulk, fine one minute... a raging mad man the next. I highly advise you to not bother with this shit at all. It's a fucked up drug, any weight you lose WILL come back.

i wouldn't even say there is speedy effects from duromine, it only suppressed my appetite. i took one tab out of curiosity about a year back and even though i had no bad side effects it's definitely not recreational by any means.

stick the the on-label use

my brother in law was prescribed this when starting a new job. my sister also got a script.
bad, bad bad.
it almost caused a divorce between them, and they were always angry.

Did you get prescribed this by the physician that you normally go to? I am curious because I need to loose some lbs. and wanted to know where to start (just asking my regular physician or not). I had a friend that had a very successful treatment with phentermine and has kept the weight of for a few years now.

Good luck!!

Sort of just went to local surgery. Dont have a regular doctor so just seen the one they gave me at the time. Had no problems and different doctor gave me a another script when I needed it.

Stopped taking it about month ago as found myself getting angry and frustrated which is unlike me.

Just wondering how long this stuff last?
Like how long does it keep you awake for and how long does the other effects of the drug last?
Off google i got the Half Life: 16 to 31 Hours, about 25 hours

That sounds about right. I think it is controlled release so its effects last most of the day if you take it in the morning. It is fairly long lasting compared to something like dex.

Lasts all day so you take it when you first get up and that way it makes it easy to get to sleep!

Sort of just went to local surgery. Dont have a regular doctor so just seen the one they gave me at the time. Had no problems and different doctor gave me a another script when I needed it.

Stopped taking it about month ago as found myself getting angry and frustrated which is unlike me.

Okay. I have a physician that I am going to talk to about it. But how successful were your results (originally and after you quit)? And would you begin taking the medication again even though you have been off for a month?

Think it may help some people but they would be in the minority.

Few friends that have had it did the same thing as me basically! Gave it a go basically but didnt like side effects.