• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

drugs that messed you up mentally

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say Ritalin. I was prescribed it for 13 years, and there's no doubt that it was responsible for many of my anxiety, anger management, thought and insomnia issues.

Coke is also on that list, I was a wreck when I was using it heavily.

Benzos also continue to fuck with me, in terms of dependence, memory loss and anger control/inhibitions.

Last edited:
Probably pot for me. Leaves a weird mental haze that lasts for days and fucks up my lungs big time.

Pharaoh Sphinx said:
Cannabis - fuckin worst thing for your fuckin lungs, christ people are always "YO MAN WEED AINT BAD FOR THE LUNGS" but LET ME TELL YOU when you smoke a fuckin joint and then cough up a tbsp of lung butter, THATS NOT SOMETHING HEALTHY FOR UR LUNGS. I can smoke a pack of cigarettes a day and I wouldnt cough up a single thing, but a single puff of weed and up comes shitloads of disgusting flem caked brown with resin
How much you cough up after inhaling some smoke cannot be used as a measure to tell how damaging this smoke was. Do you think this single puff of weed provides all the things you cough up succeeding the puff?

The nicotine in cigarettes contract blood vessels in the lungs which impedes the cough reflex. Cannabis (actually, the THC contained in the plant), on the other hand, activate CB2 receptors in the lungs which cause the blood vessels to open up and the lung to relax.

"Cough reflex sensitivity is significantly diminished in young, healthy, male current-smokers compared to a similar population of nonsmokers. The mechanism of cough suppression in smokers remains speculative but may involve long-term tobacco smoke-induced desensitization of the cough receptors within the airway epithelium."(1)

"Cannabinoids can significantly dilate the bronchioles of both healthy and asthmatic subjects and seem to be no less effective than conventional drug treatments."(2)

Last edited:
well i think shrooms touched a little surface on my new type of thinking, then i came across acid, which definately analyzed the world and put what it is right there infront of me (mentally speaking). I don't say this is a negative effect, because it feels like it's all truth and I'd like to have a better understanding than be mindless and live without thinking.

Coke makes me depressed, I stay off that as much as I can.. MDMA is so much better anyway.

300mg of Adderall XR within 12 hours really fucked my digestion up for a week, depressed me a little more i suppose.

Weed used to give me a negative view on the world, but if you just keep smoking it everything is perfect and weed actually levels me out alot.

Ecstasy binging gave me some relationship and happiness problems, although I think ecstasy helped the relationship alot by making it alot more pure.

Haven't ever touched crack, heroin, pcp or even smoked meth. Although I think I'd try each one just once.. I just like trying shit to see what it's about, but getting hooked usually isn't a problem.. besides, there's X.

Crack and powder cocaine made me suicidal.
Benzos (7 years of use-abuse) fucked up my memory and gave me bad social anxiety, though the irony is if I take some benzos the anxiety's gone.
And opiates took away the will to live without them.

meth and xanax.

Sucessful medicine student with almost guranteed acceptance for post graduate studies --> Unemployed dropout quasi-hermit, one suicide attempt.

I hate to contribute another strike against Meth, but years of heavy, i.v. use have made paranoia part of my personality. Eyeballs on me 24/7, can' t even beat my dick anymore. Also frequently hear whispering.

Ecstasy made the world a very fuzzy place for about a month when I had binged hardcore on pills one weekend. Four over the course of a few hours then a double drop hours later by mistake. (I thought the asprin bottle had asprin) These were quality pills to, one would have a person with a tolerance feeling pretty damn good. I seriously broke something in my brain that night and morning, it took me a month before I was right. Taught me a lesson though.

AND THE ANSWER IS??????

HALOPERIDOL...Although I had never tried it but wanna really bad...Really bad.

Smoking lots of pot(everyday if not 3-4 times a week for like a year and ahalf) has kinda made me a lil slower, the main problem is trying to find the right words to say and correct scentence structure. still smoking everyday

meth- made me Hella introverted when i used to be extro, but then again...i feel more me than i ever have b4....Kinda weird. but i haven't used any since like april so im getting better slowely losing the meth insanity. Ex- tweaker now.

coke - This...i felt more addicted to coke then i did meth, i dunno i love being numb and chilled the fuck out. Its the perfect drug except for the comedown and duration of the high. This stuff made me depressed as FUCK. when me and my ex g/f couldnt get any for the weekend it would make me really sad. I was using a gram a week for like 3 months. since then i haven't bought any, but i have done a couple lines since then heheh.

Mushrooms - Made me hate the world more than i already did prior to ANY drug use, it somehow gave me a way to see through people and its depressing but im getting over it. shrooms are hard to come up on around where i live. i've only shroomed like 10 times. I plan to shroom again in the near future

DXM - i feel this drug has made me stupid(more so then pot or xtc). i went on like a two day DXM craze, i had a bunch and didnt feel like being sober cuz i didnt have any pot no NOTHING. only dxm. i consumed like 400mg in a two day period and it fucking tore my mind a new asshole. haven't DXM'ed in a while its been a few months. my mind wasn't quite the same for a few weeks lol. not planning on DXMINg for a while..

opiates - ive od'ed(tramadol). after that i was completely sober for a month(i felt i needed to be) even with my mind clear for that long i still felt "not myself" so far in my experiences it seems that meth/prescription pills are THE MOST DANGEROUS.

xtc - only rolled twice so far, no real damage.

when i smoke a huge amount of weed over a period of time and then stop... i get pretty depressed. it doesnt last long, but it's difficult while it lasts.

I cant say I have negative effects from anything, amphetamines, opiates, psychedelics, heavy cannabis use (and i mean heavy), alcohol, and dissociatives. What they did to me is not what I consider negative.

Last edited:
X, coke, meth, IMO.

X made stupid, gave me depression and anxiety. Coke made me suicidal, meth made me anxious as well.

5 years ago at a super club/rave (Cosmic Gate were head lining) me and a good mate dropped a mad pill called Cali Split (which many people said was super strong but wierd) and drank quite a few drinks and red bulls, and then as i used to do back then, took prozac (20mg or 40mg cannot remember) which sent me very high, and scattered as fuck. Then near the end (say 5am or so) we both were feeling lost, scattered, and unfortuantly it was a very aggressive crowd (lots of marios, and agressive underground non smilely types), so my mate smoked a ciggarrete (he smokes everyday) which worked well for him, but as i was trying to give up, i took 5HTP and its was like my brain blew up, and i felt like i was loosing the plot.

I later found out the Cali Split had MDMA and DXM in them, so combining MDMA, DXM and Prozac is a real NO NO especially with 5HTP. I felt totally fucked in a bad way, half psycotic, agressive, really bad body reactions, mad fucking head ache that Paracetamol would not help at all for the WHOLE NEXT WEEK. I was really worried that i damaged my brain, but over time it calmed down and slowly returned to normal, but i have always felt a bit different since then - like i see reality with more distance - i feel not so closely connected to reality. Like if i saw someone die before that, i would be really upset (i had very high empathy). Now if i see someone die, i just think, oh that's no good, but that just life. (much lower empathy).

I have stopped mixing so many drugs now. I had this stupid idea that 1 pill with lots of other drugs is alot better than a few pills and no other drugs - I wish i could go back in time and tell me not to make that mistake again!

And METH - I did not take alot of it, maybe 10 times a year (mostly at raves) for 5 years or so, and i loved it (my favorite drug by far - i get manically super screaming high on METH cause i am Bi=polar type 2, and of course get really big comedowns).

And i only ever took really small doses compared to most of the other ravers i met) but i REALLY feel like i have much less 'natural high' now, and find most of life quite boring now. I hardly ever get excited about anything now (except drugs), which is a bit sad if i think about it.

The one good thing is that when i was young i was very nervous in social situations (especially meeting woman) cause of the bi-polar (my emotions would be 10 times stronger than a 'normal' person), where as now they have calmed down so i am not nervous at all going to house parties, or meeting new people. To me now they are just people - nothing special, and i dont care what they think at all. I just be myself.

Take the good with the bad i suppose.

-=ReD-hAzE=- said:
Diphenhydramine fucked my short term memory for a while.
It's not bad now, but still not like it was before.

And before anyone jumps me for using that shit, I didn't use much or often. Usually took them to help me get to sleep.

Diphenhydramine also fucked my short term memory up bad.. and left me with hallucinations when sober for about a week... DIph is bad shit

Dxm has also fucked with my mind and of course thc has fucked with my memory a bit too.

My several experiences with antihistamines have fucked up my vision slightly.....and my DXM use has given me subtle, bluish static that appears over everything in the dark.....but after all of my drug experiences, I feel that my memory is better than before....well, at least my long-term memory is; I can remember a lot more from my childhood when using psychedelics

I would have to say it was all the X I did back in the late 80s early 90s. Way too much. Now I have been diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder. I wonder if the X caused it.

i came out with depression and anxiety after doing several mdma pills every weekend for months.

methamphetamine gave me really bad anxiety from using about a half gram every weekend for nearly a year.

doing too much dxm changed my outlook on life and took me on a strange little journey of caring less about the real world, and more about what went on in my head. it dissassociated me from the real world.

smoking weed made me go a little crazy, and made me a slave to the drug. i was more addicted to weed than i was for anything. i used to get so angry if i didnt smoke every night.

nicotine started to make my thoughts rush and everytime i had a smoke i felt a little crazy. it is one of the biggest causes of mental illness ive read.

now that ive stopped doing all of the above, i have come back down to earth and no longer experience any problems relating to my drug use. i still have some anxiety, but i had that to some extent before i took drugs, and i think in part, was self medicating for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.