• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

drugs that messed you up mentally

Status
Not open for further replies.
DXM stole some part of my brain. I can hardly describe it. I just can't operate to my fullest extent.

I think it's also worth remembering that a lot of people blame their problems on drugs (I'm not accusing anyone here of doing this).

toolazy2think said:
I meant i havnt let myself come down, i keep redosing...Todays last day though, don't want to go through withdrawls

You'll find thst t is harder than you think. I always find myself saying something like just one more and 'one' turns into more than I started off with, making the inevitable withdrawls worse. I can't handle Xanax that well, much too addictive for me. I keep popping them throughout the day, not even thinking about the consequences. Quitting is easier said than done. The thing 'bout them is that I love to not care.

I worked with someone who suffered chronic back pain and doctor shopped for nearly fifteen years. When he detoxed from them they sent him home with a month supply of Xanax and he said that the withdrawals from the Xanax were much more aggresive and harsh than the opioids.

Xanax can be a real bitch

gugglebum said:
This is one of those threads that makes me happy to be ... me. Yes, my problems seem a lot smaller already.

My biggest problem with drug use?
Umm, I enjoy naps a lot more, and I'm getting into slower music due to my consumption of cannabis.
That's about it.

Same thing here man, i love reading this thread. Sad to say but reading The Dark Side also makes me think my life isnt so bad.

DXM left me fucked up for about a month... Not touching that again
had muscle rigidity, insomnia, dizziness, some depression with some strong euphoria here and there, loss of appetite, and then really strong appetite.
Yeah it was fucked anyone else have a reaction like this?

^^^

Yup, thats why I hate abusing cough syrup. For 'bout one month I feel all kinds of weird lingering side effects that I can't seem to shake. The first following day especially. I'm so comotose with a dumb-look across my face. Muscles twitching, sweating, fluctuating temperature, shaking, dizzy, rigid, I feel like I'm in pain, anxious, depressed, and I don't want to eat. And all of those different things keep changing around that first day. I never feel comfortable. I don't get euphoria though, aww hell no! But if you hand me over 3mg of Klonopin I don't gotta worry about none of that.

Benzodiazepines-Champ of the Drug Comedown! When I get my stash refilled tomorrow its time for some hardcore drug use!

Quick, to the drug mobile!

^^what's with the "666"? great number and all, just seemed sorta random there, or maybe i'm just too out of it to realize what it meant.

xxanxx said:
I think Meth definitely caused me to develop quite a bit of anxiety and possibly some social phobia's. I still have them.

Also, on a side note, meth made gave me some nasty tic's which still haven't quite gone away even after 6-7 months.

The same thing happened to me from meth. Ever since I had done it this year I haven't been the same. Last year I was very outgoing and always doing crazy things around anyone, but this year I am more of a sit back and watch what is going on kind of person. That is unless I am around my closer friends. I also have weird little things I do that I didn't start doing until I did alot of meth. I have had rather long breaks from using meth now, and I still am not the exact same.

MDMA has affected my short term memory big time. The longer I go without doing it the better it gets though.

But I still hate you

Starting from age 10...12 long years of prescription stimulant and amphetamine use/abuse. Fried my brain maaaaaaaaan....

Although i never abused meth... it seemed to make me feel the most different/out of it the following days. Then again, bad trips on acid/shrooms made me feel completely out of it for a week or so.

However, i think the worst was when i drank way to much water on MDMA on one occasion, and way to much water on LSD on one occasion. Both of those times i believe i was almost entering hypotremia... i was overheating horribly, heart wasnt working properly [couldnt breath, breaths were more like gasps, heart pounding out of control], and my entire brain hurt, it felt like someone was squeezing my skull and putting pressure on my head. Not to mention my heart/lungs and entire stomach felt extremely fucked up.

Mushrooms........ NEVER AGAIN!!!!

damn ive lived in hell for a big half year :(
(depressive-psychose)

^^thats a first for me man. i mean i knew u could get bad trips from shrooms and such but almost everyone i talk to says they are, simply put, OMG AWESOME!

^^ Yes, but at the same time they are the most intensely serious thing I have ever experienced. Something that can so fundamentally change you like mushrooms is always going to have the potential to leave you real messed in the head.

^^True!

but it was more the comedown from it that opened hell for me... really weird racing thoughts about everything in life that made me unsure about everything
its 5 years ago when it happend but im still not the same anymore.. its some better than before but i can say it changed my life completly :(

I suffer panic attacks and anxiety disorders due to my over abuse of many different substances. I had a period of psychosis when I was 18 that was deverstating to my psyche. I was IV'ing alot of meth and MDMA daily, smoked a gram of dope a day and tripped on LSD 3 days a week for a coulpe of years. Although my drug use is heavier now I'm still aware of how fragile you are and that we are not invinsible. Opiates and benzos have also been strong addictions over the past 7 years. In a way they were used to self medicate.

Status
Not open for further replies.