• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

drugs that messed you up mentally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deformed_Neuron said:
For me... when I first started smoking weed it really fucked me over, but then after that you learn to cope with it.
But then... when I quit smoking, I came to the realization that I was becoming mildly depressed without the stuff and my memory was like that of a 69 year old crack-whore.

I know alotta people that claim pills have fucked them over mentally. Plus, I know those who claim that acid has given them shitty permanant (semi-permanant??) after-effects like HPPD, depression and social anxieties.

Not that it's too bad, but I sometimes see stuff that isn't there when sober and trails never leave no matter what I do because of acid. as for pills... i dunno, maybe oxy but I'm usually fine.

Heh, Im going to read this thread every time I get the crave to binge.

Shal - I wouldn't say benzo's suck, but fuck whoever presribed you to take them all the time. I've been taken them once a week for months with no problems.

Benzo's may not suck themselves but an addiction to benzo's is majorly sucky. So they say...

shal said:
Nope. Benzos came after the meth to help with the anxiety. Thats my latest problem and hopefully my last. Meth fucked me up mentally, though I would agree so has benzos. Actually, maybe ur right, I feel meth brought on my anxiety, but benzos has been the hardest battle to escape from, the worst feelings, etc!

shals :D

Metoo it seems....

Drugs i'm starting to believe mentally fuck me up after long-term excessive use:

#1 Dextroamphetamine - heavy doses every day almost 2 years
#2 Alcohol 3-4 Shots of Jack Daniel's a Day
#3 Xanax - I can see the pattern starting

Drugs that seem to have always been the Least mentally harmless on me:

#1 Heavy doses of LSD each month for a period of nearly 2 years
#2 Moderate use of Cocaine and/or Binges here and there
#3 Moderate use of Marijuana once in awhile

From amphetamines, to alcohol. Then Amphetamines and Alcohol....

Then just benzos/xanax for a month....just "one" month. Dr said no more after first month. To cut down useage and anxiety....

went back to amphetamines/alcohol next month.....
Was prescribed 2 months worth of xanax.

Then - dextroamphetamine + alcohol + xanax each day....... along with sudden impulses to spend all my money on random shit...and watch each day go from 12pm to 3am...in the blink of an eye.

I can't figure out which of the 3 is most evil.... So ima say....They equally fucked me up.

*NOTE - Period of LSD use ended 3 years before dextroamphetamine use begins.

Last edited:
I say meth without a doubt.

It messed me up mentally in a big way, anxiety, depression, paranoia and quite simply an emotional mess!

Synapse999 said:
Metoo it seems....

Drugs i'm starting to believe mentally fuck me up after long-term excessive use:

#1 Dextroamphetamine - heavy doses every day almost 2 years
[

off topic, do you know if there are any proof or studies that show dextroamphetamine is neurotoxic. i believe it is, but there is absolutely no studies to validate this. i'm always arguing with a bunch of idiots who say dextroamphetamine is safe and non-neurotoxic because it's prescription and there are no studies to prove it's neurotoxic. i say there are no studies to say it's safe either and that all amphetamines can be potentially neurotoxic when used for years and decades like with dex/adderall/ritalin. got any links?

GHB, because it improved my life so much and I don't have any right now. I don't know if this is a valid contribution...

Methamphetamine permanently fucked with my anxiety levels and in order to deal with the anxiety I used benzodiazepines but they made matters worse in the long wrong so I got caught in a cycle. Opioids may be my never-ending physical addiction but psychologically benzos and meth fucked up my head the most.

smoking potent weed every day during the past winter eventually resulted in panic attacks and long term anxiety

I dunno why, but for me anyways... of all drugs Alcohol has probably been my most long and probably all up my most abused drug ever since I started using Recreational drugs.

Strangely, I have noticed no permanant mental effects, anxiety, or emotional break-down with alcohol. The only health problem I have with it at the moment is... sometimes it will intensify my reflux (indigestion) and come to think of it... I'm thinking that maybe Alcohol was the cause of my indigestive problems.

This is one of those threads that makes me happy to be ... me. Yes, my problems seem a lot smaller already.

My biggest problem with drug use?
Umm, I enjoy naps a lot more, and I'm getting into slower music due to my consumption of cannabis.
That's about it.

i keep having some problems with my short term memory and like remembering words to use in sentences, I generally attribute this to pot, but it could be due to the fact taht i've barely come down from xanax from the last week...

^^^
Unlikely. probably the pot. you wouldn't feel a normal dose of xanax any longer than 24 hours.

^^I meant i havnt let myself come down, i keep redosing...Todays last day though, don't want to go through withdrawls

Weed caused short term memory loss that didn't go away until I quit for awhile and cut back.
On coke I experienced my first twitching/gurning. Now sometimes I gurn more on mdma or high doses of other drugs.
mdma gave me my first cracked out feeling and non alcohol hangover as well as mild, temporary depression and anxiety.
Dxm seemed to make me stupider and may have changed my perceptions and mental functions forever, but after quiting dxm for a almost a year now I feel a lot better (still feel different though sometimes)

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that all drug use has fucked me up mentally. Be it illegal or prescribed. Still I think I'd rather be where I am now after all the abuse and mental retardation than where I'd be if I just said 'no'.

DXM and 5MeO-DiPT left me with severe congnitive impairements. And potent nugs helped accelerate these memory problems I'm stuck with.

Status
Not open for further replies.