• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Driving on LSD (Not in public!)

I've driven on low dose acid trips the only issue was not laughing too much and hiding the crazy shit faced grins we had pretending we were pilots, I was just driving very normal nothing to see here officer type driving on the way to a friends place, no big deal if your comfortable with what your doing and I did not feel any impairment at all, and I am someone who never drink drives and don't take it lightly taking any such risk of driving impaired by anything..

Honestly how "impaired" could I have been if I set a new personal record playing playstation mortal combat back in the day, a task the requires skill and concentration that I was also able to apply to my driving.

For safety I will also say with a spacier dose or a bad trip no I won't drive as yes I'd feel impaired.

There ya go haters, explode away

Last edited:
All these dumb ass posts about driving on public roads and being fine should probably be deleted before someone reads them and thinks: If they can do it, so can I! :\

I agree rickolasnice. driving on public roads while impaired is stupid stupid stupid, it doesn't matter what the situation is (unless you happen to have a self driving car, then by all means, go ahead)

But seriously, driving on public roads is a huge no no.

Its all up to if your a good and experienced driver plus a long time space cadet. It is absolutely not for anybody who is either tripping to hard or on odd chem that leaves u not to drive. basically just know ur limits, aint no shame in abandoning the car...once or twice. but as a usual thing id have to be pretty dosed up/doing a hell of a drug cocktail to not be able to drive of necessary. just know your limits and as a rule driving should only be done wen absolutely needed. and even then be careful always have the most experienced person drive, unless of course he/she also took a heavy dose. so i guess its a vibe thing that u either know u can drive or not, and if not w.e figure somethi8ng else out

P.S. always drive side roads, big roads r not the way, even if ur driving cross country or some crazy shit always drive where there will the least cars possible

Last edited:
i drove but i had a reason

i personally drove while tripping on shrooms befor and i drove while tripping on acid but i gotta say it was fun but scary at the same time cause all the street lights were pretty and everything was flowing together but i wouldnt recomind any 1 driving while tripping. i had to drive my friend back to his place at 6 in the morning because he wasnt able to drive him self home so i helped him out but it was at the end of our trip so it wasnt too bad but hell if i will do it agina lol.8o

on the come down of a trip something like 9 hours or more its fine to drive but only if u have no choice

I have never driving on LSD, but i have driving on Mushrooms it was only 5 minutes but i will never do it again.

Not that most people would try this, but shortly after this thread was posted, people died due accidents that involved taking LSD. Just saying since some people are under the delusion that it's safe to drive on the road that way. And yes, I read the OP was in a field which isn't as bad and I kind of agreed, and figure there was a pretty good chance he was safe. But not 100% since if someone's thinking becomes impaired they might get the notion to head out to the main road. And drive a bit, and then instead of taking the left turn they make a right and head down the field where the friendly, singing, caterpillar people happen to be putting on a show, only to have a road (that isn't even there) appear and..... I'm just saying one person may have a mild trip, while another person has things change unexpectedly on them. Hey people have jumped out of windows on acid. And lots of people have tried driving on it. Some of them will eventually not have a stable reaction and see stuff. Or their dose could be bigger than thought etc etc. . I could go on.... And if that annoys someone, I could give an owls behind.

Fast forward a little and

Tristan Ryng (20) crashed his car high on LSD and his girlfriend India Escobar (18 ) died

http://mydeathspace.com/article/200...SD_and_his_girlfriend_India_Escobar_(18)_died

Artistic, caring and loads of fun, India Escobar and Tristan Ryng drew others to them, their friends and relatives said.

Escobar, 18, loved animals so much, her friends joked she''d wind up an old lady with a house full of cats. Ryng, 20, has been known to climb trees on a whim or do a flip while walking down the street. They both were aspiring artists and very much in love.

"Tristan loved, adored and worshipped India," their mutual friend, D.J. DeMarce, said Monday. "He had been talking about proposing."

His decision to take drugs and drive ended all that, authorities contend.

High on LSD, Ryng drove a car into a tree in Tacoma''s North End about 8 p.m. Saturday, police reported. Escobar, riding in the seat beside him, suffered a ruptured aorta and later died.

Police arrested Ryng early Sunday morning and booked him into jail, according to court records. On Monday, prosecutors charged him with a single count of vehicular homicide.

Ryng pleaded not guilty as teary-eyed teens, young adults and his mother looked on. Superior Court Judge Frederick Fleming ordered him jailed in lieu of $50,000 bail.

Friends and relatives grieved for both Escobar and Ryng. "We''re losing two of our good friends," said Heather DeMarce, D.J.''s sister.

Escobar was a student at the Tacoma School of the Arts.

"She was a good student and was well-loved and respected by her peers," the school''s director, Jonathan Ketler, said in a statement released by the Tacoma School District.

D.J. DeMarce said Escobar took her art seriously.

"I think the biggest part of India''s life was she was an artist," he said. "She was always doodling and sketching and working to improve her art.

"Like too many young people, she died too soon and didn''t get the opportunity to let her star shine as brightly as it could."

Escobar planned to turn her talent into a career, according to her page on the social networking site MySpace.

"I plan to travel and become a tattoo artist," she wrote. "Nothing big and fancy but just what I need to get by."

Ryng is a talented artist in his own right, working in sculpture and glass.

In 2005, he was one of 37 winners of the Boys & Girls Clubs of America''s National Fine Arts Competition.

His sculpture "The Rose" toured the nation and was displayed at the Boys & Girls Club''s national convention that year.

He later took up glass blowing and was interviewed as part of The News Tribune''s Labor Day feature in 2006.

"I love to glass-blow," he said. "It gives me a sense of really accomplishing something."

The two met through mutual friends and began a relationship about two years ago, said Beverly Ryng, Tristan''s mother.

"I began to consider her my daughter-in-law. She was just so fantastic," said Beverly Ryng, who works in the circulation department at The News Tribune.

A witness whose name was not released told police that Escobar and Ryng took drugs together Saturday in an apartment on North Pearl Street.

They "were acting strangely," according to court records, and the person who rents the apartment asked them to leave.

A few minutes later, two men saw Ryng walking around the parking lot without his pants on, the records state. They told him to put them on.

Instead, Ryng and Escobar got into a car, with Ryng behind the wheel.

The men told authorities Ryng drove at them at high speed before swerving and hitting the tree.

Ryng got out of the car, and one of the men held him until police arrived, according to the charging papers.

Ryng later admitted he''d taken LSD, the documents state.

Escobar lived long enough after the wreck to tell a woman who tried to help her that she and Ryng had been "doing acid," according to the charging papers.

=============================================================================================================
=============================================================================================================

And in this 2nd 2012 crash, the guy got drunk in early hours, however investigators found out he was so high on LSD he remembered nothing about driving or the crash and believed that he had BIG "Kaboom", sticks of dynamite in his trunk which of course turned out to be just his hallucinations... Yes the woman he hit burned to death in her vehicle. He was fine however..

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2012/02/17/bc-lsd-whistler-fatal-crash.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V_gtns2v20

hi-bc-120129-whistler-crash-8col.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you serious?? Have you actually attempted to drive whilst tripping? I don't care how good a driver you are or how high your tolerance to psychedelics is, it is impossible to hold your attention for the amount of time required to safely drive a car while you're tripping, especially on a high dose.

I think it really depends on the individual, their composure while tripping, their experience, and ability to drive... not to mention ability to drive within the limits of the road conditions, traffic, etc. I have driven comfortably on shrooms, as well as 4-aco-dmt with no problems.

Disclaimer: I neither endorse nor condone driving while under the influence of anything.

Just in response to some points I have contention with.. People respond very differently to these drugs. For example, some people I know hallucinate hard and very heavily visually, while the most I get out of reasonable strength doses is enhancement of clarity, colors, maybe depth sometimes, and occasionally mild CEVs. Mostly I just get a different headspace and my perceptual models are altered or erased. Just saying.. Like, I've driven on a lot of different substances back when I would party.. Including many hallucinogens. It was dumb, yeah, but honestly the drives were generally uneventful and regular, maybe a hit paranoiac lol. Also, there is a ton of hostility going on. That shit's dumb regardless of perspective haha.

I'm tripping and driving right now !!!, managing to type this into my ipad with one hand as the freeway goes flying by, rolling a Joint with the other hand, steering with my knees.

I like a good cop chase when I'm on LSD.

Haha. I have a story that answers OP's question about driving on LSD, and a response to this statement...

Back in my days of psychedelic drug use I loved driving on small doses of LSD/2cb. It was fun fun fun, sadly I did drive on public roads. I was with a couple of friends one night in the middle of town, my buddy was behind the wheel for this one- although everyone in the car had ingested a few blotter hits, when he saw a car not normally parked by his office. His initial reaction was that it was obviously a federal agent. He backed out onto the main road like a maniac and ran a stop sign, only to his dismay a cop was sitting by the stop sign and watched all this happen. This lead into a several mile chase going out of town, U-turning mid road, and going back into town. Needless to say when he eventually pulled over many cops were there. He ended up getting taken to the local Psyche-unit at the local hospital, and I had to drive his car back home. I guess it is just a good thing he didn't go to jail. Oh the days~

My man, since you were in a 'controlled environment' and you said yer car is crash-proof i would say that that is fuckin awesome! Dude, i kno wut ima do this summer =D

Anyway, i aint got any acid drivin stories, but, a coupla months ago, i was at my boys house and i ate an 8th of shrooms and like a was fuckin peakin and my dad calls me and tells me to get my ass home cuz i had to pick him up because he was droppin his car off at the shop. So i was like, oh fuck man, im like peakin how the fuck am i gonna get home n shit? I mean this was back in november or some shit like that and on that particular nite it was raining and i had an old 2001 bmw where the fuckin defroster wadnt workin.

So as im pullin out the driveway and turn down the street i hit the fuckin curb. I mean come on man i thought i was gonna die and shit cuz like the fuckin road was swaying and turnin into different colors. My dash board was a mindfuck. The beamer was a manual so just grippin the fuckin shifter was trippy as hell. Oh yeh, and it was pouring rain and my defroster wasnt working.

So to make a looooong ride short, i managed to follow the guy in front of me (ya kno i focused on the cars 2 break lights in the back) and since i knew the way back i was lucky i didnt get lost. Sometimes from the dumb shit iv done i wonder how i am still alive.

PS do not fuckin drive while trippin (on a public road)

i've driven on lsd many, many times...on high doses too. its not something im happy about but its something that happened in the past so if people wanna talk crap whatever. its something i've learned from. this was 13 years ago so its not like im speaking of something from last summer or something. it's a very difficult thing to do though. i've honestly gotten lost staring into my stearing wheel before...as well as miss the parking lot for a hotel i was staying at therefor being forced to circle the block and come back to park....only to get lost and take me 3 hours to find the parking lot again. it can be a scary thing...its definitely not something i'd recommend to anyone...and i mean anyone. its not something you can build a tolerance for either and say...im used to it, i can handle it...NO, you never know when your gonna have some insane visuals causing you to freak out and lose control of the car. all that aside im pretty happy to of lived through driving on lsd...probably the only thing worse is driving on ghb.

All these stories make me nervous to ever drive or walk on the sidewalk again. I'm honestly not sure who I'd less rather share the road with, a drunk driver or a driver who's seeing patterns in the stripes on the road, mind racing with revelations about the universe, watching cars morph into different shapes and the asphalt sway from side to side and the entire road veering in hallucinated directions.

Almost as scary as having people running the government who believe jesus is coming back to kill us all.

I drove my car on the comedown period of lsd after the 1st time i took it. It was good to rediscover my area and pull over and chill in different spots around my local area. Irresponsible yes but hey would i do it again....

i once was driving on a lsd + mdma combo earlier in my drug usage(i know i know very stupid dangerous idea) at 3 am in the morning, a cop pulled behind me for a good 3 miles running my plates going down the highway(we are the only 2 cars in veiw it was a little iffy lol), he eventually exited and me and my buddy was so relieved. everything was legit on my car they had no reason to fuck with me which was perfect since im always up to date with keeping my car as legal as possible.

I remember seeing the cop behind me and id forget all about the cop in a matter of 2-3 seconds, id be like ohh shit im being fallowed by the authorities still lol

was actually pulled over on 20mg of 2ce aswel that was very confusing but i got off with a warning, i was pulled over for the most absurd reason aswel, really was about to flip out but i maintained my composure and did what i had to do to get out of a potentially bad situations.

imo you just need to stay away from cars on psychedelics esspecially the driver set.

be safe everyone and peace to all!

to the above post aswel, i couldnt imagine driving on ghd thatd be insane lol

Last edited:
All these stories make me nervous to ever drive or walk on the sidewalk again. I'm honestly not sure who I'd less rather share the road with, a drunk driver or a driver who's seeing patterns in the stripes on the road, mind racing with revelations about the universe, watching cars morph into different shapes and the asphalt sway from side to side and the entire road veering in hallucinated directions.

DISCLAIMER: driving under the influence of any substance is inherently more dangerous and i do not recommend it to anyone even though i have found myself driving under the influence on some occasions. therefor this is my two cents

although this shouldn't be an argument about whether lsd or alcohol is safer to drive on. as someone thats driven on LSD im pretty paranoid and cautious but alcohol has just made me speed in the times i've driven on. i dont enjoy driving on either and only do it out of "necessity" from time to time. although 5+ hours into a trip depending on the dose and usually consider myself close enough to baseline to drive. driving on the comedown versus the peak are two totally different beasts IMO.

Last edited: