• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Driving on LSD (Not in public!)

In the name of harm reduction I must say do not operate heavy machinery on acid.

Having said that I also must say I have driven on 5 hits of acid peaking. Difficult maybe hard to concentrate fuck no. It must be a personal thing because acid to me is a lot like being very stoned for a long time. There really is no over powering mental effects.

Again I don't condone driving under the influence but i couldnt let people say its too distracting. If anything its too fast to think.

Heh, the comments are rather harsh eh? My subaru is built for off road racing, I've flipped it many times while turning too fast. It has a roll cage, the windows are plexiglass, and it has harnesses rather than seatbelts. If I didn't have confidence that it was safe to do what I did, I would have never stepped foot near the car. Sure maybe there were still a couple risks, but there's risks every day no matter what you do, especially while you're tripping.

I would never put anyones life in danger other than my own. Regardless of the fact I was tripping, I was aware enough to know what I was doing, know the dangers of it, and know that these dangers weren't a major problem. Riding the four wheelers was far more dangerous than the car, odd how nobody commented on that

Sounds like you had a blast man. Driving/Riding on lsd is the closest thing to flying! Sure you shouldn't go hop on the interstate while wigging. But if you do you're not going to drive crazy. You'll probably be driving to slow thinking about how bad you need to get off at the next exit. A driver on LSD is was more cautious than a drunk driver.

To all you posting about how he could have killed himself and his friend. Have you guys ever takin acid? The shit doesn't make you go insane and have no idea how to drive a car. Shit they were rippin the field up on four wheelers first. If you ask me, they had way more of a chance fucking themselves up on those. Getting the car was probably a safer idea, plus you can blast music in a car.

And if you're a good driver, and do fuck around a lot, but know how to control your car good. It will be like second nature while tripping. Just don't go test your skills on the open road. A field with no trees is probably the best spot ever.

^ Did you read the post?

I'd say alot of comments are a bit harsh.

He was on a privately owned field.

I'm sure him and his friend new the dangers, and it was their choice to proceed with it.. no one else could have been hurt. Live and let live.

There were no trees.. and it's pretty damn hard to flip a car.. still.. like i said.. they knew the dangers, they decided to go ahead anyway.. their choice.

I did read the post, which is why I sounded off so "harshly". It's one thing to put your own life at risk by taking irresponsible actions whilst tripping, but it's another thing entirely if someone else gets hurt in the process.

I appreciate that they were on private land with no-one else around and that the car was rally-modified (rollcage and all that gubbins) but it's besides the point. You're in control of a powerful and potentially deadly machine whilst under the influence of a powerful mind-altering substance. Rolling the car might not have been the worst of it. Imagine if they'd gone head-on into a tree, or crashed in such a way that they would be trapped inside whilst the thing was engulfed in flames?

Put simply, it's reckless and irresponsible behaviour that could have resulted in the deaths of two people for no other reason that thinking it would be cool to drive whilst off their faces.

Bad form.

Driving while tripping is something i wouldnt recommend.(Not to say i havent done it) While you are all ready very distracted by the changing perception and melting colors, if you were to get pulled over having no color in your eyes is a dead give away and causes means for a search. My personal experience driving while under the influence of lsd was interesting. At the stop light i couldnt tell if the light was green red or anything. The car infront of me appeared to be moving back and forth and changing its distance at a fast rate. Very difficult to keep my composure

I dont see what the big problem is. I have friends who used to drop acid JUST to go ride their MOTORCYCLE through the MOUNTAINS!!!

I know it is something that is not for everyone. And yes, It could potentially risk someone elses life who had no say in whether or not it happened or not, but For christs sake, they were on a private field, in what sounds like a exceptionally safe vehicle.

I have driven through Orlando on I-4 at 4am on acid several times. I have driven through DUI checkpoints on acid, I have never come anywhere close to being the least bit out of control in these situations though. If I would have stepped into the car and had any problem at all I would not have done it. But I guess for me, Driving is like second nature, And when I drop acid, Anything that I am naturally good at, acid usually increases my skill level at.

And I would not drive if I was tripping so hard that All I could see was patterns overlaid over everything. I was still halucinating pretty hard, but not too hard to know what was going on.

(again, Disclaimer; I am a uniquely retarded individual. Just because I am so dumb that the laws of the universe dont ALWAYS apply to me, does not mean that you can also be as dumb as me and not experience negativity)

I did read the post, which is why I sounded off so "harshly". It's one thing to put your own life at risk by taking irresponsible actions whilst tripping, but it's another thing entirely if someone else gets hurt in the process.

I appreciate that they were on private land with no-one else around and that the car was rally-modified (rollcage and all that gubbins) but it's besides the point. You're in control of a powerful and potentially deadly machine whilst under the influence of a powerful mind-altering substance. Rolling the car might not have been the worst of it. Imagine if they'd gone head-on into a tree, or crashed in such a way that they would be trapped inside whilst the thing was engulfed in flames?

Put simply, it's reckless and irresponsible behaviour that could have resulted in the deaths of two people for no other reason that thinking it would be cool to drive whilst off their faces.

Bad form.

People do alot more dangerous stuff than this and call it sport.. including things that could EASILY kill people not directly involved.. You gonna say this shit to rally car drivers, for exmaple?

In this case.. I really don't think that the fact they were on LSD made much difference, if any, to the amount of danger involved.

If no one but themselves could have been hurt, then what gives you thge right to say it's wrong or right?

Driving while tripping is something i wouldnt recommend.(Not to say i havent done it) While you are all ready very distracted by the changing perception and melting colors, if you were to get pulled over having no color in your eyes is a dead give away and causes means for a search. My personal experience driving while under the influence of lsd was interesting. At the stop light i couldnt tell if the light was green red or anything. The car infront of me appeared to be moving back and forth and changing its distance at a fast rate. Very difficult to keep my composure

Read the original post :\

Driving in public is incredibly irresponsible and tbh.. makes u a bit of a prick xP

This thread is irresponsible, IMO-- it's bound to sway someone towards thinking its okay to drive while under the influence of psychedelic drugs.

Not to mention it's very poor public relations to have a thread entitled "Driving on LSD" on the first page of the PD forum.

I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm just sayin'. :\

man awesome... wish i could find a friend that could get it like urs lol... it only shows up here every year or so for a few months and then its gone... and it's usually very shitty blot... have to cut like a half an inch square lol... had gellies tho and they was great. i live in sc... but yea ridin is awesome.... fallin into the seat... and slidin like road is ice.... lol i miss it.

who cares if he flips his car and dies? one less retard in the world.

i dont have a problem with what he did.. i just found the tone of the post annoying and pretentious lol. "dont drive on public roads while tripping" wow thanks for that shinny pearl of wisdom man. ill add that to list of obvious things not do while tripping balls, right under jumping out windows to see if you can fly. 8)

Tenchi, what do you consider irresponsible? People drop acid all the time and go wander the streets, where they could walk into traffic. Or better yet, a person and their buddy go on a camping trip where they drop acid, how do you think two people on acid are gonna react to a wild animal? the same way that two sober people would? No. My point being is that LSD can make anything dangerous under some circumstances, that's why people simply take the best precautions they can and enjoy themselves. Hell you take a risk just doing LSD in the first place, it could turn out not to be LSD but something harmful. then you're dead, but you don't see people on this forum saying they're never doing LSD because there's a small risk it could be fake.

and tenchi... head on into a tree? read the post man... he has two trees in that field, both of which would have lost in a battle against the car. and how would we get trapped in the car? and how is it gonna get lit on fire? where is this coming from? it's a flat field with nothing around. If somehow the car caught fire rolled and got us trapped inside: first off we'd be fucked, acid or no acid. second I'l say fuck it and tear up my physics degree because obviously the world doesn't follow laws of physics anymore lol.

To everyone calling this irresponsible: what I did was more safe than the majority of shit people that go on bluelight do. For example, you'd quicker die from heroin than driving around a rally car in a flat field

Lucid man, honestly you're being a bit of a dick, please keep in mind I was still tripping when I wrote the original post, that's how my mind becomes when I'm tripping. Yeah it's common knowledge not to go out onto a road and drive while tripping, and sure my mind knew that, but I was still tripping and it made me feel like I needed to say that. so chill with the sarcasm and shit.

Roger&me, yeah I get what you're saying about the public relations, wasn't thinking that with a head full of acid. but I don't agree that it will sway anyone. First: I said several times in the post don't drive on public roads. and Second: I'm not sure anyone is gonna be swayed with everybody in this thread calling me a retard ;)

At first wen i started dropping acid and other pyches, yeah i was afraid to drive, but after about 6 months i found i could drive under almost any psychedelic, even during the come up/peak. bu i must say, iv been doing this for years and years, not something id recomend for beginners, seriously. i had to work way up to able to candyflip or mix tryps with phens. but that said some hallucinogenic drugs u shouldn't drive on period. but for the most part if ur an experienced tripper thats really pretty different. When im with friends and were on acid or some type of pyche i usually drive, doesn't matter who's car. just saying...

I've been in the passenger seat on 3 hits of LSD on the highway. We were driving during sunset and then at night and it was INCREDIBLE. I saw the entire Portland city scape from the highway and just the panorama view while tripping and the wind blowing in my face was magical.

The best part is, I wasn't behind the wheel, just along for the ride! :D

I've been guilty of driving on LSD on public roads(like 2 years ago). However I wasn't tripping that hard, probably like 80 - 100 mics(and at the tail end of the peak). I definitely wouldn't drive on 200 mics though.

Keep in mind that it was on the freeway at like 2 or 3 AM when there were no cars on the freeway (and barely any on the street). And I knew the area extremely well because I grew up there. Also I'm a very skilled and controlled driver who never goes over the speed limit or breaks any road laws for that matter. I find that low doses of LSD don't interfere with my driving habits very much at all, it actually feels like I'm more a part of the car. :D. Everyone is different though, I tend to function quite normally on LSD. People can't even tell I'm tripping most of the time.

I wouldn't do it today though, I don't think it's worth it.

Blasting Radiohead on the freeway was fucking amazing though and it was only like 80 - 100 mics.

I would rather drive on 100 mics than drunk. If I had to drive one 100 mics to save a life I would do it.

At first wen i started dropping acid and other pyches, yeah i was afraid to drive, but after about 6 months i found i could drive under almost any psychedelic, even during the come up/peak. bu i must say, iv been doing this for years and years, not something id recomend for beginners, seriously. i had to work way up to able to candyflip or mix tryps with phens. but that said some hallucinogenic drugs u shouldn't drive on period. but for the most part if ur an experienced tripper thats really pretty different. When im with friends and were on acid or some type of pyche i usually drive, doesn't matter who's car. just saying...

I second this, freelove4ever; I'm always the designated tripping driver as well. I don't trust most potential tripping drivers but I feel safe with myself driving loved ones around during the peak usually.