View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Driving on LSD (Not in public!)

Cybion

Bluelighter
I just had my first experience driving on LSD. I'm slowly coming down now but still tripping nice. Now, I know what everyone is thinking: "is this guy retarded?" Well that's debatable, but to clarify a little something, and everyone should take note: I DID NOT DRIVE ON A PUBLIC ROAD

Now that that's cleared up, I'd like to share with you guys. a while ago me and a buddy took 400mcg of LSD, I'm sure this is accurate, it was liquid from a friend who gets crystal. My buddy that I dropped with has a shit ton of land that's nearly completely clear of trees etc. almost one super large field. not too long ago we decided it was a great idea to take the four wheelers out while tripping balls. This was one of the most fantastic times of my life, all I could see was the land in front of me, everything else was a blur of colors and unique shapes and the grass danced and caressed my legs as I drove through it. The rush was amazing, it felt like electric pulsing through my body and the wind made me feel like I was flying. Eventually the bugs became too much (welcome to florida eh?) and my buddy had the second greatest idea of the night. We drove back and got my car, an all wheel drive suburu, I drove and we tore up that field, doing slides and what not. the feel of it was exhilarating, doing something that's already such a great rush and adding LSD to the mix.

Sorry guys that's long, I guess I'm tripping a little harder than I thought, but I wanted to share with everyone <3 <3

Also a question to everyone: Has anyone else had an experience involving driving on LSD? What was it like?

And guys... Please don't drive on public roads... that's stupid :(

EDIT: Since it seems I left this part out due to tripping and not really thinking: My car is a rally car, it is made so that if I flip or hit something I wont get harmed. The most that would've happened if I managed to flip the car (which I would've had to literally TRY to do) was I would've hit my head too hard on the seat, or gotten whiplash

Last edited:
And guys... Please don't drive on public roads... that's stupid :(

oh ok.. thank god i saw your post i was just about to get in my car and go for a joyride on the highway while tripping my face off. you and your silly post just saved my life. 8)

The first time I took LSD I tried to drive 10 hours later and found that it was far too dangerous to do so. I had to sit in a park for three hours very early in the morning because I was not sober enough to drive. I've done it since then but I'm a horrible person. I'm evil, and I belong in hell. At least you were not on a public road, the only person you could have killed was yourself. Don't operate heavy machinery on psychedelics.

We drove back and got my car, an all wheel drive suburu, I drove and we tore up that field, doing slides and what not. the feel of it was exhilarating, doing something that's already such a great rush and adding LSD to the mix.

Good on you, you endangered the life of you and your friend. You could've easily flipped your car and killed the both of you, or worse, you could've killed your friend and you'd be left behind to deal with that shit forever.
This is not cool at all.

I have driven the next day after tripping and that is hard enough to concentrate and stay on course, let alone whilst actually tripping and driving recklessly. I sincerely hope you never ever try it again, especially with someone else in the car. You did it once and thankfully nothing bad happened. Now just be sensible and stay away from vehicles while you're tripping, okay?

Good on you, you endangered the life of you and your friend. You could've easily flipped your car and killed the both of you, or worse, you could've killed your friend and you'd be left behind to deal with that shit forever.
This is not cool at all.

I have driven the next day after tripping and that is hard enough to concentrate and stay on course, let alone whilst actually tripping and driving recklessly. I sincerely hope you never ever try it again, especially with someone else in the car. You did it once and thankfully nothing bad happened. Now just be sensible and stay away from vehicles while you're tripping, okay?

Fucking this. Im sick of people thinking it's perfectly okay to drive while under the influence. It's easy enough to kill yourself in a car, dont add LSD or any other drug into the mix.

driving on lsd aint nearly as retarded as driving drunk which alot of people do . u drive hammered and your a class a moron. id chose some one on 400mics of lsd over some one over .08 any day

driving on lsd aint nearly as retarded as driving drunk

Are you serious?? Have you actually attempted to drive whilst tripping? I don't care how good a driver you are or how high your tolerance to psychedelics is, it is impossible to hold your attention for the amount of time required to safely drive a car while you're tripping, especially on a high dose.

This has to be one of the most retarded threads I've seen on BL in a long time. Driving on LSD (or any other intoxicant) is neither big nor clever. If you want to make yourself a prime candidate for a Darwin award, that's your choice, but don't risk the lives of others in the fucking process.

Idiot.

^ Did you read the post?

I'd say alot of comments are a bit harsh.

He was on a privately owned field.

I'm sure him and his friend new the dangers, and it was their choice to proceed with it.. no one else could have been hurt. Live and let live.

There were no trees.. and it's pretty damn hard to flip a car.. still.. like i said.. they knew the dangers, they decided to go ahead anyway.. their choice.

^ Did you read the post?

I'd say alot of comments are a bit harsh.

He was on a privately owned field.

I'm sure him and his friend new the dangers, and it was their choice to proceed with it.. no one else could have been hurt. Live and let live.

There were no trees.. and it's pretty damn hard to flip a car.. still.. like i said.. they knew the dangers, they decided to go ahead anyway.. their choice.

I agree with you man, they were both aware of the risk's and werent endangering anyone but themselves and im sure the chances of something fatal happening werent that high judging by the details given in the post.

Glad you had fun, it sounds like a blast.

I'm aware that this is harm reduction site but this just seems like fun reduction imo. Wish I had my car back, drunk driver went into the back of me at around 40mph yesterday, I also agree with whoever said I would have more confidence in someone driving under the influence of a moderate dose of LSD rather than someone driving completely hammered.

Ah well got a whiplash claim to file now :)

A bit harsh? How so? I think the cold reality of his friends severed head laying next to him as he regains consciousness while still tripping having crashed/flipped the car would be a bit more harsh than sound advice thats a bit critical. I mean personally I don't care if you do this by yourself because then you only risk your own life and thats your choice.

then you only risk your own life and thats your choice.

^ His mate was aware he was tripping.. he come to the conclusion it was worth the risk or in other words: he CHOSE to be involved.. knowing the dangers.. The End.

Are you serious?? Have you actually attempted to drive whilst tripping? I don't care how good a driver you are or how high your tolerance to psychedelics is, it is impossible to hold your attention for the amount of time required to safely drive a car while you're tripping, especially on a high dose.

i stand by my statement i never said driving on acid is safe. drunks with out a doubt are the worst drivers. besides being impared and having a slower reaction time drunk people make horrible impulsive decisions. this translates to speeding running red lights and so on drunk people are cocky simply put. some one on acid is probably gonna be paranoid about getting caught so theyll make an extra effort to drive safely some one whos wasted generally doesnt do that

It wasn't the smartest move but I don't see why people are giving him such a hard time personally. I have to agree that I'd rather have to drive on LSD than drunk. But at the same time I wouldn't suggest either.

Now for the question if I've ever drove on acid before, yes I have and it was a very bad choice on my part, but I was 18 and consequences never entered my mind yet. I woke up at about 7am and dropped 2 hits, packed, and drove to NY from DC. Things were weird but I could definitely drive straight and at the correct speed if I concentrated. I will never do it again though, it was not a fun experience. When tripping its never fun to force yourself to stay in a seat and keep concentrating on something you no longer want to do.

Now call me crazy but I think shrooms would be the worst substance to drive on