• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

"Dove" MDMA substitute.

EntheoDjinn

Bluelighter
Moderators - After reading the posts in 'other drugs' and in the Ecstasy archives, I reckoned this was the best place for appropriate replies to my question. Please move if you disagree.

A new E substitute, "LU Doves" seems to be cloaked in secrecy, so I was wondering if anybody on this forum knew what they contained. The ingredients are referred to in vague and often negatively framed terms such as "BZP free", or "now BZP and TFMPP free" or "Do not contain methylone/ethylone", and "Using the very latest in BZP-free neurotransmitter technology".

One person I spoke to at a party claimed they were as good as the original 'loved-up' doves of days of yore - whilst another said they didn't really do very much at all.

On another forum there has been speculation that they may contain bk-mdxx substances (interestingly they claim to have 'ketones' in the ingredients.

From my FSE search I wondered if they might still be piperazines - say McPP mixed with MeOPP - it is interesting that the packets do not state that they are piperazine-free, just BZP and TFMPP-free.

Anybody know??

And more importantly, how do they rate as substitutes for the real thing.

E

Edit: just read a load of reports **MOD EDITED: No links to vendor or vendor related websites, thanks! ~RB** so really just interested in the magic ingredients now ;-)

Last edited:
im reading the link u sent... trying to find out cuz its the first i hear of it... i would *think* that if its not methylone... is it even MDXX? is it any better than methylone?

Seriously im very interested in finding out about this. Its sold legally on the internet? I know in new zealand, you could legally buy methylone for recreation as an ecstasy substitute, but that was canned after a while as far as i know. If this is something similar id love to hear about it.

Usually its BZP/herbal bullshit/the word "ecstasy" written on whatever crap they fish from the toilet and wrap up in a package or cigarette for your enjoyment.

FractalStructure said:
Its sold legally on the internet?

Yes it is, but it's against forum rules to give sources so I'll PM you with a link to a web site.

E

Thanks Delta

I saw those but felt it only left me with a guessing game. I do suspect that the same conclusion will be reached though - that the doves will only be second best :(

E

I wasn't sure if that was exactly what you were looking for, I hadn't read them myself. I just though I'd link you some of the more popular ones.
Most substitute drugs usually fall short of the real thing, after all, if the substitute drugs were that good, they'd be illegal too ;)

From the given reports they do not contain bk-mdma or bk-mbdb. It'd be great if someone with a test kit would give it a shot.

This might be better suited for Pill Reports discussion since we do not allow pill ID's in Ecstasy Discussion.

Mods use your discretion. :)

Broshious said:
From the given reports they do not contain bk-mdma or bk-mbdb. It'd be great if someone with a test kit would give it a shot.
This wouldn't do any good. As you can see, not only are the indentifiable substances illegal in most parts of the world-making sale of them online a challenge, but they are also not even close to the suspected substances in this product.
A test kit would only serve to rule out any possibilities, unless of course, you happen to have a gas chromatograph mass spectrometer laying around. ;)

Before this discussion goes any further - please remember no discussion of sources. Just a friendly reminder. :)

I haven't heard anything about these particular pills. You hardly ever hear of them here in the States. There have been various companies that put out these 'legal alternatives' every year or so then disappear. The companies usually do not list the ingredients, and they're certainly not going to tell you what is in them. :-/ I'd be very cautious about taking anything without having it tested (GC/MS or reagent) first.

^ ravenous, most of those are crap herbal lackluster of a substitute. Im wondering if this actually serves as a worthwhile substitute, like Explosion (methylone, MDMC) and if its in any way related to MDXX or just a combo that "makes people feel good" (i hope its an MD analog =)

SWIM has tried one; she thinks it's possibly a mixture of MCPP, the 'D.O.M.S.' ingrediants (present in Head Candy and Neuroblast from the same company), and possibly something like MBDB.

Mona Lisa said:
SWIM has tried one; she thinks it's possibly a mixture of MCPP, the 'D.O.M.S.' ingrediants (present in Head Candy and Neuroblast from the same company), and possibly something like MBDB.

Thanks for that. What about the effects you experienced, and perhaps a comparison with MDMA?

E

Obviously, it doesn't compare. It's getting rave reviews because it's still new but I wouldn't be surprised if more negative reports come in once the novelty has worn off.

It reminded me of MCPP with its edginess and nausea; it kept me up all night -- I found sleep virtually impossible even though I took it before 6 pm and had also taken valerian, Nytol and even Zimovane but to no avail. This is why I think the company in question also include their mystery stimulant which is also found in some of their new 3.1 non-piperazine pills. I also think it has a low dose of a ketone because of its euphoria which reminded me slightly of Spirits. It's clean but hard work, this pill. MDMA is still the King.

these lu doves remindet me a bit of my experience with dyphenylprolinol, a dopamine reuptake inhibitor, that´s beeing discussed here on bluelight too.
Very clean mental stimulation without the rush that amphetamines and deratives provide. At the beginning there is a weak empathogenic component that wears off after an hour. Maybe their D.O.M.S is just new dopaminergic stimulants like dyphenylprolinol or desoxypipradol, and they just want to hide that there are actually chemicals in their pills. If they´d use the latter in their pills, that would be really unresponsible.
Funny, just noticed that doms is like short for dopaminergic stimulants, haha

Last edited:
Mona Lisa said:

Where did you read that MCPP is the D.O.M.S ingredient? I have taken Head Candy once and from what I've read of MCPP(Never taken it) it did not seem to be like that at all.

delta_9 said:
This wouldn't do any good. As you can see, not only are the indentifiable substances illegal in most parts of the world-making sale of them online a challenge, but they are also not even close to the suspected substances in this product.
A test kit would only serve to rule out any possibilities, unless of course, you happen to have a gas chromatograph mass spectrometer laying around. ;-)

I believe people have mentioned bk-MDMA, bk-MBDB, as well as MBDB as being suspected substances in the product which the test kit will detect not to mention that the kits can detect a variety of other legal substances. I don't think a test kit would provide anything definitive whatsoever, but it's a start rather than lots of conjecture.

I would like to point out that it is absolutely impossible to responsibly use pills when you don't know what the fuck is in them, or how much. Why people do so is beyond my comprehension.