• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 8 9.1%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 54 61.4%

• Total voters
HisNameIsFrank said:
Shocker of shockers! I say something positive about a movie and you're right behind me to slam it.

Oh god. Really?

Of course I didn't fully understand Donnie Darko the first time I watched it. I also didn't break the DVD and scream, "This hurt brain! Must not watch again!"

Donnie Darko is a unique film in the sense that you have to watch it multiple times, complete with the deleted scenes. Reading The Philosophy Of Time Travel online helps a bunch too.

I love how you throw Primer in there as if to say," Yes I did understand Donnie Darko. It just wasn't as complex as the masterpiece that is Primer!" You must be a very annoying person to sit beside while watching a movie. Or behind in the theater for that matter. No one would be able to see the movie because of that big brain of yours blocking the screen.

Get over yourself, chachie. I wasn't criticizing the movie because you love it so much. I criticize it because I honestly don't think it's that great of a flick. Please read my post all the way through before you jump to conclusions... maybe then you will see that (aside from the first sentence) none of it was directed at you... and your assumptions couldn't be further from the truth. Especially the part where I talk about watching it a few dozen times through because I found it sloppy and confusing.

ego_loss said:
I like to give it to my momma all nasty and sloppy.

Quoted for truth and hey hey hey, MaxPowers? SWIM does smoke weed everyday. It's just not arrogant movie-watcher repellant.

^^
What a compelling and convincing argument you make. Rather than discussing a movie which is obviously very important to you, you are just going to sling insults at me? Real constructive.

Why bother with the back and forth? Debate is fun, but in the end it comes down to either:

Person A and Person B having two differences of opinion. Neither opinion right or wrong. It just belongs to them. Unflinching. Unmoving.

Person A convinces Person B (or visa versa) that their opinion is the correct opinion and changes the other person's way of thinking towards theirs. Since neither opinion is right or wrong, this is a pointless move. It serves only as an ego boost. Pun intended.

Besides, I'd rather discuss movies I love with sheep like me. Bahhhhhhhhhh!

i think too many people go into a movie with too many expectations. you hear the buzz, create high expectations, then have the film not meet those expectations and get grumpy about it. the movie wasn't made as a bday present for you alone to enjoy. if you like it, cool. if you don't, cool. if someone you know told you they liked it and you didn't, cool. just don't throw a hissy fit about it.

that btw was in general, not soely directed to this film nor thread.

Very strange movie for sure, really good though. Im not sure I fully understand it but I guess thats why I like it, it makes you think. I cant agree with whoever said this movie isnt really that deep but maybe im just thick.

every person i know who has seen it, is going to have a different opinion......funny thing though, my 8 year old nephew just saw it a couple months ago and i like his explanation......he said donnie wanted to live twice and see how much different each life would be....cant argue wit that

donnie darkie is a fabulous movie, must see the directors cut and yeah the online stuff is great for background info.
its a great movie that makes you think a little bit, which not all movies do.

I thought the whole point of the movie was that you were not supposed to really understand it. To say, did Donnie time travel? Or was it all just a premonition of the inevitable end?

I mean everyone sees it in a different manner and that's what makes it great.

CloudyHazeD said:
I thought the whole point of the movie was that you were not supposed to really understand it. To say, did Donnie time travel? Or was it all just a premonition of the inevitable end?

I mean everyone sees it in a different manner and that's what makes it great.

I remember reading an interview with the director in which he says much the same thing.

Mediocre film. Nothing groundbreaking or amazing, but it has its merits. 6/10

Feel free to share with us your idea of groundbreaking and amazing, Feels. I found this film to be both.

I was tripping on mushrooms the first time I saw this movie, and when the first date popped up for the countdown for his death (October 4th, 1988 i believe), it was October 4th, and it completely freaked me out for the entire movie.