• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

do you portray a drug user image?

Do you look like a "druggie"?

I suppose this question is geared more towards heavy users and addicts, but I'm wondering how many Bluelighters fit the "druggie" look. Have drugs changed your appearance? Do you think members of the general public could guess you use drugs just by looking at you? Or are you able to remain "stealth" and live your life without anyone knowing?

I think I'm a pretty obvious tweaker. Pale, skinny, dark circles under my eyes, unkempt, etc. I've also got meth-related tattoos on my arms which are a dead giveaway. And when I'm spun it's also quite obvious - I'm constantly looking around, peering over my shoulder, fiddling with things, etc. I've noticed that when I'm out in public, people sometimes do give me knowing looks. One time an old lady even stared at me and shook her head in dismay, to which I replied "don't shake your head at me, you miserable old bag!"

So what about you? ;)

^ Wait a minute, aren't you (or weren't you) into meth too?

How do you get away with it? ;)

i was (still am) into meth, just nowhere near the extent i was or have been. opiates are my doc atm.

everyone loves the heroin chic look =D
i'm weighing the lightest i've been in about 2 years:\

people say i look like a candy kid, and a stoner. I have long shaggy hair, i usually sport a green hoodie, black coat and red shoes. All the kids at school who arent my close friends think i sell drugs too which is just odd.

I don't think so. Sometimes I look strung out because of lack of sleep, but other than that I don't to my knowledge.

Years ago, one of my workmates pulled me aside and awkwardly whispered: "Do you ummm... do you like... errr... smoke weed?"

...I laughed at how she was all embarrassed to ask and said to her "Not all that often, but yeah I do..." with a cheeky grin...

She said she suspected it, but I have no idea how! I rarely smoke - maybe a toke once every few weeks when I'm with friends (of course, I do enjoy many other drugs haha)... From that day on she would quietly come up to me on Mondays and tell me about her drug escapades over the weekend... :p

I wouldn't say I have the 'face' of a druggie... especially these days, my use has gone down a lot so I don't go through days without eating, so my face isn't sallow and I do get a decent amount of sleep these days... I generally keep myself kempt wherever I go... I don't know if it's to do with the fact that I tend to be chirpy/wavey/smiley and very chilled... plus my accessories are sort of a mix of raver/hippy/street wear... like I'll come to work in my office attire but I'll have my bright/shiny rave style bag... or I might wear super funky jewellery or my hair back in a scarf (like in my avatar)... *shrug*

Oh... woops that's a long reply... I'll stop my babbling now =D

absolutely not. :)

whenever people tell me i look like a cop while scoring at the open-air
drug market, i take that as a compliment. IME druggies are sometimes
treated with disrespect by non-druggies so i'd rather do not act and
dress like one.
you'll also get less likely harrassed by cops.

Depends who I'm talking to, most people say I do but smack dealers keep saying I look like a policeman.

In repy to OP

Sweet P, you gotta realise that every other person out there has so much shit going on in their own life, they've neither the time nor the energy to be there judging you.

There's my off tap inner feelings anway.

:)

I judge whether I look like a dopehead, by whether or not i can spend 5+ minutes in a public bathroom and not get knowing looks when i come out. :D

i was a little strung out, not feeling nor looking my best when a swedish chick pulled me aside in the shopping mall the other day (she was with oxfam and smoking hot, as they usually are in my experiences) and asked me my age. obviously she wanted more, but thats another story for another time.

i'm 23 and i said to her "well how old do i look?"

and she said (in her beautiful accent) "ahhh i dunno, 25?"

"i said close, but i'm only 23 (2 months shy of 24 though)"

i took it as a compliment though. and i'm going back tomorrow to give a donation :D

it's funny, I was thinking about this the other day. I was "dopesick" and just staring in the mirror thinking about how thin and sallow I am. then I got high and I was superman.

i used to.

used to have long ass hair, beard with hair on my chin 5in's (HS n Freshman yr o' College)

then cleaned up.

then got fairly sloppy when i was more focused on opiates, but not terribly sloppy n still less druggie lookin then when i was in HS and freshman yr of college

look pretty cleaned up right now. sometimes ill even sport a grandpa sweater n such, i find that professors are alittle more favorable to you when you make effort to talk to them and arent high as shit n class.

Yeah I portray a drug user, at least to people who know me. IME complete strangers are never really sure that I use drugs unless I start talking about them. But like people from work/school/people I associated with frequently consider me a stoner. Like a classic run of the mill stoner. I've got a small criminal record, I dropped out of college with one year left and now work at a crappy fast food type job. So yeah, people who know that assume "stoner".

But people I open up to about my past know I hardly smoke weed on a regular basis and have a fucking solid history of drug use and abuse. But I don't act it. Most people are shocked to know I used to be an IV drug user.

However the lovable stoner shines through my personality. I used to smoke multiple times a day for several years so it's something that continues to stick around. I don't mind it. Cuz once people get to know me, they know I'm more than a run of the mill stoner.