• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

do you portray a drug user image?

In the past I KNOW I looked like a drug addict probably because I was. Skinny, sunken cheeks, etc., etc. Prior to that when I was younger I had long hair in a ponytail, your typical hippy'ish person who really could careless what you thought of me. Now I am clean I find myself wondering what ppl think more than any other time. Perhaps it is because I am trying to shed the addict mentality from my head and I am curious about peoples immediate reaction. Even though I dont know why I even care about it, I really dont but curiosity is the term I am looking for.

Peace,
Seedless

I'm a heavy crystal meth user, I smoke about a gram every day. Nobody around me in my personal life or work even has a clue...

... And I also smoke tons of weed, and not just any weed, extremely powerful super weed.

The only thing that gives me away at work or with family, is the bags under my eyes(I'm an opiate addict). Sometimes they look so bad lots of people comment, but most just think that I'm sleepy. The cure for this is sunglasses, but it is even more "odd" to wear sunglasses indoors.

The only way people can really tell is by my eyes, but I am ALWAYS wearing sunglasses (usually some aviators) to cover it up. I'm like the stoner Hyde from That 70's Show: constant shades.

People thought I was using drugs before I even ever started. Nowadays people can't picture me without thinking about drugs. :\

I keep my head hairs to a minimum and I'm sort of skinny, so I guess I could pass for a tweaker. The way I dress though would indicate a straight-laced kinda person. I must admit however that when I'm tripping or out on the town, I will put on that druggie garb for the lulz. Roleplaying ftw

for everybody who thinks that the rest of the world has no idea youre on drugs, be careful cuz more people than youd think know and just never say anything about it.

I don't think I do at all. I seem and likely am pretty sheltered. Also I am often told that I have a very innocent look about me. For quite some time I have tried to overcome this, but I realize it is trivial and rather pointless.

Naw. I don't actively "hide" anything, but I am a firm believer in keeping work and home life separate. Just the same, in neither place do I resemble any of the preconceived stereo-types about junkies/druggies.

In fact, I often joke that the only time someone might guess I was a drug user is when I'm NOT on my meds; at that point I'm obviously having a hard time, LOL. Otherwise? Nope. Nobody would ever guess. I just don't look the type.

Off the top of my head I would think it could go both ways. If someone looked at me I would think they would say maybe or maybe not. I don't try 100% to be or appear ne thing that I am not but at the same time I don't go around offering my own personal info. either.

Walking into my school this morning some kids in my grade asked if I had any weed. I don't hang out with them and rarely talk to them, but apparently everyone knows I smoke pot :p

No, I don't look at all like a drug user especially to people who I grew up with. However, maybe I'm so used to that impression and assumption being made that i'm blind to the fact that EVERYONE knows!? Maybe a couple years ago when I had my lip pierced (out now), nose pierced (only one still in), my nipples pierced, 2 belly button piercings, and my 2 tattoos people MAY have thought I used 'something' or maybe just thought...'eww whore'. In fact, the reason I took out all but my nose and bellybutton was that I got the WRONG kind of attention from guys on the street and didn't like it at all.

I notice that now, after being addicted to opiates for 3-4 years, when I'm not on anything is when I get the comments regarding my 'strange' behavior.

Other than that, I look like a banana republic employee ;) haha. ( I hope that's only a joke...)

I never thought i looked like someone who did drugs, but my ex and a fewother people assure me that i do...lol. It was kind of proven while i was in NC, 2 people on 2 seperate occasions asked me if i fucked with ROXIS i said yes both times cause i was all out of dope n hurtin. =( But, just to have 2 random guys come up to you n ask...iono its weird imho.

Highschool I didn't hide anything. I looked like a burnout, smelled like bud, and sure as hell talked like a pothead. Everybody heard my name and associated me to drugs immediately, my close friends told me they couldn't even tell if I was sober or not anymore (I never was).

I haven't done anything in 2010, but even when I was still using a little bit last year I didn't portray myself as a drug user at all. I tried to be very professional in my demeanor and speech while at work. When I'm with my friends of course I act differently but not like I used to.

i think i do, well most people i meet or see just think i smoke weed which is funny cause i never have, but then i would say a good amount of people can tell i do harder shit

It depends what drug image you're talking about. Would someone be shocked if they found out I smoked weed or did some psychadelics? Probably not. Would they be shocked to find out that I've done crack and had a semi-heroin addiction. Yes, every single person I've told that too has been surprised (5"7 white kid with blonde hair and no tattoos, piercings, or any "crazy" style).

People never think I do drugs. Ever. It makes it extremely complicated to find contacts when I moved, because nobody expects it from someone who looks like me. Maybe it's the glasses? Maybe also the fact that I'm a total girly girl.