• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

do you portray a drug user image?

I live in countryside, I have a work, I wear hardcore/metalcore style cloth. I use drugs usually maybe 1-5 times a month, so not that much. For me drugs are just an another interest (I'm psychonaut), drugs are not a life for me. You couldn't say by look (except when Im high ;) ) that I have ever used drugs.

I see time to time some fucked up drunkies, sometimes druggies. Once there was an alcoholic family living next door of me, always when the man came to home he started to beat her wife. Well they were both drunkies. Also there lived one crazy old drunkie who has killed a man in hes past, but now being an alcoholic with her wife, once I saw when he beated her wife with bottle.

Also I have seen some drunkies on delirium tremens.

Well thats pretty normal on countryside. :D

Last edited:
beatology said:
Maybe it's because I know that maybe this couple was once like me - dabbling in drugs on the weekends, enjoying the high and the bliss - but that they were overcome by their addiction. Addiction - especially heroin addiction - really fuckin scares me.

Actually no. I know tons of drugies and drunkies, everyone of them have had lots of problems when they started to use. I mean like, kids, parents, wife, man has died, or other big problems. Also there are too many of narcissistic drugies/drunkies, who are really bad persons.

Yep, no way around it, I do... dreads, a couple facial piercings. My style of dress isn't super flamboyant/colorful/hippie-ish though, which I guess counters it somewhat.

only can people guess when i wear my erowid shirt that has all the US schedules and what drugs are in them with the caption "so many schedules, so little time". some people dont know what to make of my DARE to keep kids of drugs shirt though, some people think its serious. HAHA

People don't usually think I'm on drugs until it gets pretty bad and just think I don't eat and am thin because I'm always exercising (have met a surprisingly low amount of gymnasts abusing hard core stimulants) but if they do pick up on it everyone always thinks I'm a cokehead (skinny white girl from a pretty well off family, go figure).

People are usually surprised when I say meth, I guess because most people have this specific image of what tweakers look like that I don't fit into (and so assume that I was must be on coke instead). And no one EVER guesses heroin, everytime I say that one people look at me like I have to be joking.

I've spent a lot of time doing everything possible to not act/look like a certain drug type, so I guess it's worked. Thank god for those stereotypes.

Last edited:
All my mates think i'm a closet meth head, and seriously won't believe me that i just smoke a lot of pot and drink a lot of beer. It's actually pretty funny.

Not necessarily. Been a meth addict for almost 7 years and definitely do NOT look like it compared to most meth addicts. Many people are surprised/shocked when they find out how long I have been using and to that extent.

BUT - you can most definitely see signs of abuse. My eyes are hollow, fucked up lips from licking, cracked up and scabby. Eyes have a funny look to them. My skin is grey and lots of weird things on it. Scabs and massive craters with blood on my arms and chest - big give away. Very thin. But compared to most meth users - hell no. I can hide it and just make it out like I am unwell/anorexic.

Example #1:
8.jpg

Old, about 3 years or so.. but - whatever :D

Last edited:
I love this thread !!!!!!

I am a Pre k teacher monday - friday but come 5pm friday im jus your typical miami party girl I hit the clubs with vodka in a water bottle pills in my pocket. I go to after hours to dance the night away and do lines off my girlfriends thighs lol

so yes and no lol

Hell no. I wear golf shirts with suits.

Yeah I dress nice sometimes to go cop as a joke. Yesterday it was nice button up shirt, tweed vest, suit coat, punk jeans and steeltoe boots. O and my ipod that i fixed all ghetto as hell. The bus driver's face when I got off in the middle of the ghetto.. priceless.

Most of the time I'm dressed like a junkie, especially in the winter, when it's usually hoodie and hat. Why dress nice if you'll have your coat on all day? It'll just make you stand out when you cop. The only reason I can get away with that sort of silly shit is cause I know nearly everyone in the hood, cops included. And most day's I don't feel ironic enough to dress up to cop.

My face.. eh some people can tell I do drugs from my eyes, but you have to be savvy to it. It's the not sleeping sometimes that makes me look/act/feel strung out. That's when people start to ask what's up. I can put on a fine good boy act though, and I know I look better than any other junkie I know, so fuck it. I take care of myself enough, why agonize about it?

ya i guess.

Skinny, long hair, always a bit out of it.

I dress nicely (i.e. not in clothes i found in an alley) but thats my OCD kicking in ha

Im broke constantly so thats a drugy like thang

i dont know what else there is to make me look like a drug addict?
everyone is unique

*btw claire you're very pretty* :D

I'm pretty nerdy and fairly athletic looking so i'd say i dont have a typical druggy look except for my summer of shrooms. I'd be reluctant to tell folk at work that i was an addict as no doubt it would taint there perception of me. BUt i love it when people say something like "but you seem so normal" or whatever but judgeing by the attitude of 95% of my former nursing student colleagues think taking drugs is seriously scummy. but take great joy in getting so pissed they spew or shag someone and dont mind it the next day.

I look like an 18 year old nerd...

But I am a 15 year old opi-user...With nerdish qualities. =D

I probably do considering my everyday attire is usually a Queers shirt with cut off sleeves, black jeans with a shit-ton of hole's in 'em, and dirty chuck taylors.

And I have long hair.

if anything, prolly the introverted 21 year old skinny white guy heroin addict. although, i am no longer addicted to heroin, just buprenorphine.

or the typical pothead look, most ppl i meet say i look like someone who would smoke marijuana

people around here think i automatically do drugs cuz im black.whenever i tell people im straight edge they laugh at me,lol.idc though its kinda funny XP

no, and some of my old frinds were reallt shocked when i told them, but we chilled and it was all good.

but not alot of people know now, even though i am sober.

I definitely do not portray the drug user image, simply because I work in a developmental psychology lab with children and it's important to maintain a healthy public image.

There may be days where I portray the grade-obsessed, over-worked, speed-freak pre-med student but I try to limit those to once or twice a month :)

Not so much these days now I've taken the colours out of my hair (hopefully just til I find a job that's tolerant of multicoloured hairdos!) and lost some of my piercings. Most of my clubbing outfits scream 'raver' though, and even though I pretty much don't do stimulants at the moment people still tend to assume I'm on speed most of the time..

When I'm on opiates I get pretty pale and people think I look ill, but it's not half as bad as I'd look after a big night on speed/pills - my pupils would stay MASSIVE for the entire next day, my face would be all sunken in and pale with really red lips from chewing them, I'd just look totally cracked out - would generally avoid showing my face to family members on those days!