Votes: 2 1.2%
  • C) I like most psychedelics including salvia divinorum

Votes: 71 43.8%
  • D) I do not like psychedelics besides salvia divinorum

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • E) I often write "SALIVA" as opposed to salvia

Votes: 8 4.9%

• Total voters
C. The one time I tried salvia it was overly intense but it wasn't necessarily unpleasant. I'd try it again if given the chance, but I have no intention on spending any more money on it.

Since 1998 I believe I've had about 5 sesions a year on plain leaf. That's all I need. One or two fat puffs off a tobacco pipe and held in and wham... It's bizzare and familiar at the same time. I also thank *Lady S*" upon coming out of the trance.

When I read about other people's crazy experiences I wonder how that could be? I guess the word respect really plays in this activity. I'm sure it has smacked some people around.

I've chewed leaves too for the milder effect and it's a little different.

Salvia is the only drug or plant that I feel is where science fiction meets a high.

C. deffinity salvia is just as good as psychidellic as dmt, seriously, its all about set and setting people. Had a great time on 20X+black lights+ sphongles - divine moments of truth, lay on the bed and let it flow.

A - I'm open to try any psychedelic...I've tried salvia about 6 times now...every time I do it with a regular lighter or through a bowl, I just get a minor buzz with some trippy effects...it's enjoyable I would say....however pull out the waterpipe and torch lighter and you're in for a fucking ride...the 3 times I did it this way were not enjoyable at all. I just had no idea what was going on andn no idea what to make of it...I just didn't like what was happening to me...I just recently tried salvia again to see if I would be any different from the first 2 times I tripped hard on it and it was completely identical to them...only this time I was a lot more experienced with other psychs and I have learned a great deal of mind control...as soon as I slipped into the Salvia dimension, I immediately decided I didn't want to do this again and it was over in about 3 minutes.

I love Salvia Divinorum. I think it is a seriously important entheogen in a true psychonaut's divining collection.

I know many people here have had rough times on Salvia Divinorum, some even traumatic, but that doesn't mean it should be relegated to the depths of "devils mint" or wotnot, I have seen many people calling it such. All substances have the capability to produce uncomfortable, difficult experiences, but that is outside of the domain of the substance itself, and lies within the user.

I myself had had many difficult times on tryptamines etc. but I still esteem them extremely highly, and will continue to pursue exploration with them. Salvia is no different. It is certainly unique in that it produces arguably the most profound shift in conscious arrangement than any other entheogen, but to me that is where it's strength lies. It has so much to teach, and I believe that if people let go of their paranoia and preconceived notions of Salvia Divinorum as just a drug that "fucks you up maaaannnnnnn", then we can move on to glean so many things that she tries to teach us.

There appears to be some kind of psychic symbiosis taking place when we impart of Maria Pastora - wherein the entity/entities seem to be trying to learn from us as much as they are attempting to excitedly show us around their realm. Their eagerness is often what causes much of the uncomfortable sensations, as we are not used to being dragged so far away from everything we know to be real, in such a hasty manner. But there is no harm intended, and Salvia Divinorum will always have something new to show you, and bring you safely back home when the symbiotoic link begins to dissolve.

In my opinion, one of - if not the most - wonderful substances out there for psychedelic exploration. Always use with respect, and keep this beautiful plant from succumbing to the deplorable war on drugs. :)

Peace, SA

Last edited:
^ I just don't see any worth in it, I've had difficult times on all pyschs but I usually have learned something from them. Salvia just seems to scare me and then laugh at me.

oh- don't take me the wrong way- i absolutely love salvia and have learned a good deal from it- in serious reflection of the trip, not while tripping (too overwhelming to make heads or tails). i've had some of the best highs i've ever experienced for about 7 minutes on salvia (7 minutes in heaven haha). but it's always scary cuz there is just so little i contribute to the actual trip- it's ALL the salvia- just rips you away from your conscious, your ego and any idea of what you thought was reality. and sometimes- that goes very, very wrong. but, i must admit- i've taken more away from those horrifying experiences than any other kind of trip i've experienced. very profound.

Chucked in yer pole Amor fati :)

i found salvia fun the first 5 or 6 times but thats it... its not euphoric and doesn't give a pleasant body high, and its not a psychadelic you can share your experience with other people which for me is what psychadelics is all about, sharing your trips with others...

F. I like many psychedelics but I have strange feelings regarding salvia divinorum. Scares the shit out of me with one hand and caresses with the other.

I love Salvia but I also have been more scared for my life from Salvia than anything else in the world. I don't know.

Salvia is fun if you dont smoke weed IMO. I once smoke hash then salvia and it didnt do anything. I quit smoking weed and tried salvia again about 6 months later and i trppied out so hard that i couldnt sit down or talk for about 2 minutes after 2 hits of 40x. For me its fun to do maybe like once every other month but other than that its not worth it.

To Much...

I personally feel that salvia is just a bit too intense and makes you feel tired from all the laughing when it is all over. I think salvia had its place in time. It was very expensive (I only bought the strong blue kind) and I used to do it with friends when I used to not be able to buy good stuff (E and Fent). It was cool when that was all we could get but I have now moved onto better stuff and have just made that a funny part of my past. So, I would have to say I love Psychs, but I am not a big fan of salvia. Plus that taste it leaves in your mouth sucks!

There really isnt a fitting option for me. I LOVE psychedelics, but salvia is sort of in a league of its own. Its not that I particularly enjoy the salvia experience, but it is a very good teacher. I am willing to deal with some fear for the lessons it can teach...

intense dissociation isn't my idea of fun...kind of a novelty thing, good to watch your friends temporarily go crazy, drool and mumble but other than that not much.

I might give it another shot if I can chew the leaves. I heard that experience lasts much longer (up to 1 hour?).

i really like saliva. they give a great nu-metal edge to the genre.
but seriously they suck.

I like/enjoy psychedelics for the most part, but lately i haven't enjoyed them as much, because they bring out a part of me where i can't talk to anyone and just feel completely way too weird.

So basically i loved salvia when i was into it all. I broke through one time, and it was as if everything was broken down into pixels, my whole world. Like in the matrix, when the gun racks fly down past neo, the pixels flew in like such, but everything was composed of them, not just things flying past me. Soon enough i was a pixel too, and was scared as SHIT that this was it for the rest of my life. Ten seconds later i came to and realized that salvia is nuts when you break through.

Other times have had me feeling like i was about to break through, slowly falling sideways, then pulling myself up like "get a hold of yrself, whats going on here!?" and then coming out of it.

Basically i think it comes down to you having to breakthrough, and then its pretty cool but still really weird and scary. REALLY, REALLY weird...