Votes: 71 43.8%
  • D) I do not like psychedelics besides salvia divinorum

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • E) I often write "SALIVA" as opposed to salvia

Votes: 8 4.9%

• Total voters

amor fati

Bluelighter
Mods if this isn't appropriate for this board feel free to close it.

But maybe....
a: I like most psych's but I hate salvia
B: I don't like any psych's including salvia
C: I like all psych's including salvia
D: I don't like psych's besides salvia

Personally I would rather pass kidney stones than than have another salvia experience

I'd choose A, but I think "hate" is too strong a word for my feelings on this plant. It most certainly was interesting to me the few times I tried it, but the tactile sensations felt very unpleasant, not to mention that during most trips I felt scared shitless for no apparent reason. Too much, too weird, too difficult to integrate IME. But I still have immense respect for the plant and its power.

salvia can be extemely powerful. thing about it is, it's completely unpredictable. it's a powerful disocciative, that rushes in all at once, then, is just gone. it deprives you of sense of reality and engulfs you in that disassociated state. unlike other hallucinogens (psychedelics like lsd or mescaline) you can't really 'guide' a salvia experience. it just happens. you could love it once, then be absolutely terrified and hate it the next. it's really not up to the user. that's all you need to know before doing it. either way, it's only gonna be about 10 min max, with afterglow lasting maybe 30 min, so, you won't get the anxiety of longer lasting hallucinogens.

shit. just noticed that you didn't ask about any of that shit. it's just a poll huh? well, even tho sometimes the experience is horrifying, swim really enjoys doing it about once or twice a month. any more than that and it starts fucking with swim's brain chemistry and swim gets severely depressed. swim thinks research should be done on this...

Tried it a handful of times, each one weirder than the last. I'd probably go for A because I never really found it to be recreational at all. Just mighty fucking weird. The blind fear it seems to cause in me is the main reason I won't do it again though.

Although the short duration is mighty handy, imagine feeling like that for like..shit even 1 hour would be horrible.

Last edited:
C ... I guess...
I guess I value any plant that alters our consciousness. I think one's experience with these plants depends greatly on how one approaches the experience, and the plant itself. The more synthesized or 'out of context' these plants become, the more potential for problems, especially in those who are inexperienced with their minds/bodies etc.

salvia is one of the greatest psychedelics in existence, in my top five without a doubt. it was my first psychedelic, and it has always been my ally, every dose every experience. many people are frightened by it, but for me it produces infinitely strange and wonderful experiences. i look forward to taking an extract sublingually, and i grow the plants as well. it feels so healthy each time i smoke it, like a vitamin!

A.. most intense trip i can imagine.. kinda makes me think of being ripped into a million peices that are all aware of themselves then going through some next level physics defying psychedellic lego block meat grinder fractalized conveyer belt machine of a million people making up yourself and looking back at you in a creep mechano meets escher everything is connected kind of where the what the fuck am i kinda matrix for real that was creepy kinda way :S

do not think i have the balls to smoke it again.. i love tripping though but it definately has to be respected and in the right context..

i got for A

but not denying the great power of this plant.

you have to get it hotttt for it to really scare the shit out of you. i think as long as you stick with a bic you're most likely gonna be fine- might have a bad time, but nothing like if you do it with a hotter flame like propane or butane. or 40x. you're really asking for an ass kicking. swim did salvia all the fucking time. but then started using a butane lighter and a water pipe. whole new level. was in no way pleasant. swim has never tried a regular leaf, tho- only extracts (up to 40x). swim is pretty sure he'd take a full gram of psilosybin before he disrespected salvia again...

Hmmm where is the option for "I love salvia"?

Agreed. Cause I do. Salvia has set my head straight a few times. The 7 minute trance is wonderful and the level of practical focus in the afterglow for 2-3 days has been healing.

Last edited:
I will admit that I enjoy the afterglow, although I think that might be because I'm so happy it's over.

I've very much enjoyed my few salvia experiences. It takes me to emptiness very quickly and for me it does it in such a way that's... idk exactly how to explain it, but hilarious in the way that its strips ego identities away and I go, 'oh yeah, you, I know you, you've been here all along' while I'm laughing louder and more joyfully than ever at the kosmic joke before descending/transcending into pure self. Awesome shit IMO.

Personally I would rather pass kidney stones than than have another salvia experience

a for me. IME a salvia trip is not in the least bit euphoric or enlightening. It's just uncomfortable, scary, and all around a bad time.
At least if I were to blast off into dmt space, it would be super euphoric so it kind of overrides the 'scared out of my fucking mind factor.'

I think of all the psychedelics i've tried, salvia (by a long shot) is the least recreational/fun/enjoyable/worthwhile. I'm not knocking the plant, cuz it's some powerful shit but IME smoking salvia is a 99.9999999% chance that I'm going to have a terrible time.

swim never had a bad experience with it. ever- and he'd done it so many times. then, he got the wrong shit and it was five minutes of complete agony. he loved it up till then. then he quit.

I'd have to go with A. I enjoy most psychedelics but strongly dislike certain aspects of salvia. It's the most uncomfortable body high (or sensation of any kind) I've ever experienced, and I've dosed it about 8 times. It made my skin feel like shingles of some horribly itchy, scratchy material... I'd basically ball up in the fetal position (how carnal) to feel less exposed to it. It's a shame because I enjoyed the visuals and everything else about it, other than the taste.

A.

I can appreciate saliva but I don't really like it. It's a physically uncomfortable trip and the taste really gets to me. My saliva experiences have been a little disappointing--it's a mindblowing experience, but at the same time i don't really get anything out of the trip.

A.

I can appreciate saliva but I don't really like it. It's a physically uncomfortable trip and the taste really gets to me. My saliva experiences have been a little disappointing--it's a mindblowing experience, but at the same time i don't really get anything out of the trip.