Votes: 2 1.2%
  • C) I like most psychedelics including salvia divinorum

Votes: 71 43.8%
  • D) I do not like psychedelics besides salvia divinorum

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • E) I often write "SALIVA" as opposed to salvia

Votes: 8 4.9%

• Total voters
I almost answered A but decided on C. Salvia lacks the finesse and love of other psychedelics and I find it a little... jarring. But it still holds a nice place in my heart.
It's the only drug that actually scared the shit out of me when I first took it because I had no clue what was going on or that I'd smoked something. It's like putting your metaphysical construct through a meatgrinder, dis-euphoric, yet still somehow quite rewarding in a strange sort of way.

I almost answered A but decided on C. Salvia lacks the finesse and love of other psychedelics and I find it a little... jarring. But it still holds a nice place in my heart.

What? But thats the greatest feeling ever you can get no more joy than from entering the salvia all-living clusterworld...hard to tell right now in which shape...or in which dimension...When contacting the living "everything" or the homeplace of some folk it is. Super-joyful feeling for those seconds, you just forget it soon after.

I've enjoyed a few intense salvia experiences, but I'd really like to try doing this in the traditional manner as well. Sometimes after coming down from smoking I'm left with a "what the fuck was that!?!?" kind of feeling as opposed to the enlightened feeling I occasionally get from dmt. Chemically salvinorin-a is one of the most strange and interesting psychedelics out there.

A- personaly I never done it because when we bought it at a smoke shop in hollywood I started to get a bad feeling when we were putting it in the pipe to smoke. But my husband put a lot in the pipe smoke it blew it out the window an right away he was tripping. He had no clue who i was lwhere we were. Scared the fuck out me. Got out the car on hollywood blvd. trying to figure out what was going on. I had to get him in the car an leave. I love to trip but thats not for me.

Oh, I think the point is for people who have actually experienced salvia to vote.

I appreciate Salvia for the following reason:

I have experimented with extracts of Salvia on a few occasions. Every time lead to a state of immense fear which was far worse than my hardest Psilocybin or LSD trips. After a few sessions with Salvia, I became fearless of all other psychedelics.

I've enjoyed a few intense salvia experiences, but I'd really like to try doing this in the traditional manner as well.

How you prepare it? Just chew it, or soak it in little bit of alcohol to get kind of drinkable mouth water of it? The indians seem to take full mouthfulls of it. That was on one document on tv about salvia and yopo consumed by indians.

Last edited:
Let me explain in little bit better words once more about it. I once smoked 5x, and the little people were singing and dancing in the bucket(for gravity bong), then a pipeful more, and through the macig shield up to hyperspace(up is the best direction, or sideways dimensional turn). The little people were green and red, on skirt and trousers. The hyperspace is often non-colorfull, but sometimes it's full of color(and the hallucinations are totally out of that what is the question). They are some kind of dimensional turn-arounds, and it can get very intense and pretty, that "hyperspace" jump which is, i assume 2nd or 3rd plateau. and then there is a soul chewing cogwheel, and something else interferencing things. The cogwheel is propably after them all.

Or then you stay in the flat and get _very_ familiar on surroundings to the point of being a part of 'em =D. And get back talkative to sofa etc. The blackout is not problem with repeated doses, and normal pipe also does good enough with full flame. It's totally funny and joyful to see and feel everything is living and can conversate little bit too with 'em=D. They are the most laughable. Being a part of a sofa, or an armchair, or get hands through table etc. Melted is little bit wrong word. That's the best plateau imho. The cogwheel sometimes gets to these too.

It's that it gets very real and religious when pipeing all night, but the memories seem to fade a lot.

Important note: it's just how to prescribe the effects profile. I guess nobody knows what's it really about.

Last edited:
How you prepare it? Just chew it, or soak it in little bit of alcohol to get kind drinkable of mouth water of it? The indians seem to take full mouths of it. That was on one document on tv about salvia and yopo consumed by indians.

to date i've only smoked it. I've tried dried salvia, 5x, 10x, and 20x extracts. I'd like to chew on a quid like traditional users, but the taste isn't great. One day i'd like to try sublingual salvinorin-a. Now that would be the ticket

The first time I smoked it was a trip which lasted a little too long. First of all the guy grew it and I didnt even know about it. I had been sober from any drug for about 3 months at the time. I didnt know it was salvia, the guy told me it was weed!. i took huge huge rips off this bowl, like 4 or five. Then it all started, the trip, the bright light, the taken from reality. Dont think i will ever be the same person i was before smoking salvia, thats for sure. Yes I had a very bad trip.

I like it a lot in that there is nothing at all like it. It's about as psychedelic as you get, but lacks the euphoric, serotonergic element that other psychedelics have. It's often not exactly pleasant, but extremely intense, especially in a heavy dose, which is why I like (there has to be a better word) taking it. Kind of a masochistic drive that keeps me interested. If I take it on a serotonergic psychedelic, it tends to offset the dysphoria quite a bit, making it a lot nicer, but a lot more intense.

it was the first "psychedelic" I ever tried, and I've enjoyed the experience everytime.