• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[DMT Subthread] First Time

.1g (100mg) will be plenty to break through -- if you do intend to breakthrough, try and get in at least three (if not four) large hits before you become too intoxicated to operate the smoking apparatus.

I see a lot of people mention inhaling multiple hits, yet i was under the assumption inhaling it all at once would produce the best effect?

The last major experience i had, i inhaled a large dose all at once in an effort to breakthrough.. the experience was so ridiculously powerful that i haven't really had the desire to do it again lol.

It can be hard to inhale it all at once depending on what your technique is and what device you use to smoke/vape it.

I usually get in it all in 2-3 hits with my vaporgenie. The Machine might be quicker to heat up I haven't tried it. If you're smoking it in a bowl in between weed layers it is going to take multiple hits. You don't wanna torch it and burn the goodies.

I plan on doing it sober with a homemade pipe like the one I posted in the last link... Should I pack half of the .1g I have in the pipe and try to get all the smoke I can in the first hit and then any residue in a second inhale?

Also, how much would you expect to spend on .1g of DMT? I got it from a friend and he hasn't quoted me a price yet... I wanna know what to expect. He had to leave suddenly and we never got to the transfer of funds

be prepared for something as extreme as death. im serious.

it builds character. good luck.

We aren't allowed to discuss prices here I don't think but I'll just say that DMT is very difficult to put a price on. I've never found people selling it before but I'm sure it happens. I think a lot of the people who have tried it extracted their own.

Also, how much would you expect to spend on .1g of DMT? I got it from a friend and he hasn't quoted me a price yet... I wanna know what to expect. He had to leave suddenly and we never got to the transfer of funds

DMT is pretty cheap to produce. Skirting price discussion rules, I'll say that if you're paying more than you would for a couple hits of acid, you're getting way ripped off. :p

be prepared for something as extreme as death.

Interesting. I'd say -- be prepared for something as extreme as life.

I see a lot of people mention inhaling multiple hits, yet i was under the assumption inhaling it all at once would produce the best effect?

The last major experience i had, i inhaled a large dose all at once in an effort to breakthrough.. the experience was so ridiculously powerful that i haven't really had the desire to do it again lol.

Hmm. I've never been able to get enough DMT inhaled in one hit to break through. In fact, I've never been able to smoke "too much" DMT before. Maybe I've got sensitive lungs. Or a DMT-insensitive physiology.

^ Optimism, and realism. :) DMT has, through my extensive experience with it, NEVER done me wrong. <3 Plus, going into a psychedelic experience with a positive attitude is the best way to do it.

^very true in my opinion. Some of my most difficult or even dark trips with DMT I am so proud to have experienced. And with DMT staying positive and relaxed is probably the most important thing if you want to have an enjoyable but meaningful experience.

I prefer to smoke my spice indoors, sitting or lying comfortably, especially at higher doses. At near-breakthrough or breakthrough doses, you'll probably want to spend the peak sitting or laying still with your eyes closed, exploring the amazing visual space. At lower doses for a more recreational 'tryptamine giggle' effect, you'll be more able to engage with your surroundings so an outdoor setting may be appealing if you tend to enjoy tripping in nature. Lower dose OEVs on DMT are still quite intense at times - I can imagine a pretty sunset or nice forested area being a great locale to sit and soak in the beauty of the natural world.

Be in a safe place, and do not fight it. Let it take you to where you need to go, even if you don't want to. Remember the drug cannot hurt you, so enjoy the experience, to the fullest extent, without any doubt.

I've only smoked dmt once and I guess I didn't "break through". I put DMT on a pedestal before I tried it and it turns out it's not that much more of an intense experience than other psychedelics. Someplace to sit down is nice. When I did it I just smoked it in my back yard and ended up sitting down and leaning my back against the wall of my house. Just pick a comfortable place to sit down, my friend made sure to watch me watch me too. A comfortable place with a sitter is all you need.

I put DMT on a pedestal before I tried it and it turns out it's not that much more of an intense experience than other psychedelics.

False.

IMO at least. DMT is much stronger and more intense than any other classic psychedelic. It puts all others to shame in a way. You would have to take heroic doses of any other psych to get to a comparable level although DMT is unique in that it completely dissolves your reality while leaving your ego relatively intact (this changes at higher doses).

DMT is hands down the most impressive psych I have ever tried. A good DMT trip should leave you with a feeling of complete and utter awe and even partial disbelief ("Impossible!") at what you just experienced. DMT never fails to surprise me.

Sound to me like you smoked it incorrectly or had poor quality DMT.

I will be doing some dmt soon as I have finally acquired 100mg of it. Looking on erowid it says that the common dose is 20mg-40mg. I want to take a "breakthrough" dose as I am fairly experienced with psychs and do not want to have a half-trip. What would you recommend for a breakthrough dose?

False.

IMO at least. DMT is much stronger and more intense than any other classic psychedelic. It puts all others to shame in a way. You would have to take heroic doses of any other psych to get to a comparable level although DMT is unique in that it completely dissolves your reality while leaving your ego relatively intact (this changes at higher doses).

DMT is hands down the most impressive psych I have ever tried. A good DMT trip should leave you with a feeling of complete and utter awe and even partial disbelief ("Impossible!") at what you just experienced. DMT never fails to surprise me.

Sound to me like you smoked it incorrectly or had poor quality DMT.

This is absolute truth. Before this weekend I had 200+ trips under my belt, including what I thought were pretty full DMT experiences.

I had half a gram to smoke properly throughout the night, and believe me, when you break through there is not a shred of you that will be able to deny it.

I have now experienced more vividly than anything I have ever lived what I thought was just conjured up by the weird DMT people on the internet beforehand. When I broke through there were banners and jesters instantly, everywhere they could fit in fractal space. They were cheering for me for breaking through and both were present visually and aurally in between every thought and movement I had. Everything was glowing and spewing the most bright and fat tints of orange along with the most lucid trails I have ever seen.

As I looked at myself in the mirror, everything was moving like how it normally should when you're tripping face. However, my orange and golden glowing body sprouted an extra triple set of arms and my eyes and neck shot laser beams, my nose started morphing and I became Ganesha for a little while.

The emotions are the ridiculous part I can't begin to describe or even totally relate to or recall sober, I went into my trip as an atheist not looking to paint it with random stuff I had heard about online, DMT pushed me down an endless hole of forced spiritual psychedelia that is totally new to me. Since this break through I have been seriously questioning myself and I have just been in shock ever since, this is certainly a +4 for me.

During this trip I felt two things:
1. I don't know what the hell this is and I'm not joining some cult, but before this point in my life the structure of reality and existence seemed pretty certain to me. I just want to let everybody know this molecule (yes, somehow a random molecule, I know) leaves a BIG FUCKING BUMP in my perception of the world and spirituality.
2. I am honestly a blessed human being to have been able to break through like this. Only other people who have broken through will be able to relate to this sacrament feeling.

A DMT breakthrough is in a league of it's own. I am still in awe and I don't know when the next time will be that I don't think about what happened for a day or two.

The emotions are the ridiculous part I can't begin to describe or even totally relate to or recall sober, I went into my trip as an atheist not looking to paint it with random stuff I had heard about online, DMT pushed me down an endless hole of forced spiritual psychedelia that is totally new to me. Since this break through I have been seriously questioning myself and I have just been in shock ever since, this is certainly a +4 for me.two.

I can completley relate here. I had an atheist view of reality in the past, but there was a part of me which couldn't completley accept this view, it was like an itch i couldn't scratch.. a splinter i couldn't see, but i knew it was there.

When i had my first breakthrough experience on DMT, everything was revealed.. that small part of my subconsciousness that held back from that view was suddenly expanded upon.. and i had the most profound spiritual experience of universal perception. That single experience forever changed my view of myself and how i view the world.

There's a reason it's called the spirit molecule.

Also, calling yourself an atheist is silly. Blindly believing a god definitely does not exist is essentially the same as blindly believing one does. If you're calling yourself an atheist or thinking it when you go into a trip, you're probably not one. We call it self denial.

It's all about possibilities.

I went into my trip as an atheist not looking to paint it with random stuff I had heard about online, DMT pushed me down an endless hole of forced spiritual psychedelia that is totally new to me. Since this break through I have been seriously questioning myself

LOL, that's priceless. :) If it's any help I've never seen a spiritualist turn materialist after a DMT trip. It's ALWAYS the other way around. Someone who would not even consider other planes of being end up considering it. So really, there is no going back now. But it's a rewarding place to be. ;)

I am not an atheist in the "there is a 100 percent chance of there being no God" sense. I just feel that agnostic tends to mean proving or disproving a God is impossible which is something I wouldn't bind myself to for sure, either.

My previous worldview was that a God could exist, but it was an absolutely minute chance. I still believe evolution and abiogenesis to be the likely physical route to my existence, but this experience was obviously rather shockingly spiritual. (I have been around the Catholic church my whole life and have studied other religions extensively, I just felt they were extremely empty.)

It might not even be something religious or have to do with any sort of God, there is just something up with humans taking a breakthrough dose of this molecule. I doubt my overall view in believing in God will change, but this does make many things I thought complete horse shit at least tangible. All I know is not to be so certain about any of my well established personal beliefs, there is a shit ton of more weird stuff to life than I thought.

It should be noted that I have always been in love with psychs and their mental abilities. I just usually turn to them for thinking about what I want to do with my life, being refreshed, and thinking about deep but relevant (to real life) things I couldn't bring myself to otherwise.

First time with dmt, several questions

Hello everyone. I recently came into 80mg of dmt and have several questions. I have never done dmt before, but I do have experience with several other psychedelic drugs. The dmt comes direct from manufacturer so I think its high quality. Color is off-white with a slight brown tint.

My first question is: What would be a good starting dose? Or rather, what dose would I begin to "break through"? Should I possibly start with a lower dose before doing this? I have exactly 80mg.

Second question:What is the best ROA for this drug? I know smoking is probably most popular, but how does it compare to injection or insufflation? If i do smoke it, what would be the best apparatus to use? My buddy had a bong bowl with 2 layers of weed with the dmt between the weed separated by two screens. I doubt this is the most efficient way to do this, however it was working pretty well. I hit the tail end of a friends dose and got a massive body buzz for about 3 minutes, but nothing super intense. Probably no more than a few mg's.

Third: What would taking xanax or opiates do to my dmt high? If I feel nervous before taking my full dose, can I take xanax an hour before to calm me or will this interfere with the high? I know benzos kill most trips pretty quickly which is why I ask. The opiates i take on the regular so theres really no choice there, I would just like to know if there are any interactions.

Four: How long can dmt be stored? Assuming I dont consume it soon that is.

Also, any advice while on a dmt would be great. Lighting, music, setting, whatever. I love acid and im quite excited to try this rare delicacy of a drug. :)

Last edited: