• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[DMT Subthread] First Time

I have literally none of the parts for the machine, not even a proper sized glass jug or anything suitable to cut a hole in said jug. It would probably cost more for all those components than a cheapo crackpipe. Since I only have a few doses worth and no immediate plans or even ability to acquire more, I don't want to sink that kind of time or money into this.

right on.

just to clarify though. You dont need a jug. You need a small henny bottle, likke airlpane size (the size of your palm). And a nail and hammer can make a hole in the bottom easily.

But if you have the means to make a crack pipe, by all means go for it.

A machine is just a glorified crack pipe.

I'm curious about DMT and tolerance. All I know is from "common wisdom" - space out doses by an hour, some people say it takes more while on or shortly after having taken another psychadelic tryptamine and/or LSD.

What 'rules of thumb' would you recommend in terms of spacing out doses? If someone wants to use a set amount of material relatively quickly, but without wasting any by needing to use more to consistently break through, how should they space out doses?

I find its kind of fun to take as many hits as you can, put the pipe down, go into hyperspace for a bit, come back and hit the pipe again and lay back down... rinse and repeat....

Hmm I think I might do that if my supply was near unlimited but considering it's not I leave the commonly used hour inbetween.

I find its kind of fun to take as many hits as you can, put the pipe down, go into hyperspace for a bit, come back and hit the pipe again and lay back down... rinse and repeat....

my gf is quite the fan of that method. Especially while tripping on LSD.

And Solipsis, dont forget, supply is limitless. As the good doctor once said, "DMT is everywhere." :)<3

mmmm yes! Some of the best "times" of my life have been doing that. I usually get told to "come right back" and im quite fond of following the entities commands <3

I should have the opportunity to try DMT this w/e after a night out partying. is there anything i should keep in mind any tips etc?

after a night out partying? haha, sounds like you're in for a rough ride

i've never tried it whilst under the influence of aynthing else, or coming down/hungover so i don't know how different it will be.

My tip is always; if you feel like you're dying, just sit back and enjoy it. you'll be fine again soon enough

don't think too much. just sit back in amazement with what your mind is creating

^agreed fully

the most important thing is not to over think the physical side of the trip(ie. know you won't die and that your breathing/heart rate is fine). In my experience DMT is very intense on the mind, but quite gentle on the body. As lewk said, just try to relax and enjoy the trip. It will leave you nearly as fast as it hit you so if you do become fearful just try to relax and be patient. All of my "bad," or more likely "less enjoyable" trips have arose from me focusing on my physical health/assuming something is wrong with me or the drug.

Also, if you are having trouble breathing in the smoke from a vaporizer try putting 100-140mg in a small joint. This is plenty for 2-3 people and always goes down much smoother and with none of the liquid DMT burning/numbness. It also allows you good control over how intense you want to trip which is great for first timers.

What do you guys like to do on DMT ?
:) thank you for the laugh

what do you like to do when thrown out of a flying plane with your hands and feet tied up?

1st time DMT advice

I've done LSD and shrooms a couple dozen times, but they are the only psychedelic substances I've taken. I had an opportunity to try DMT when I was first getting into LSD, but I knew I wasn't ready and wanted to wait.

2 years later I haven't done LSD for over a year but I've been reading more and more about DMT and am really excited to try it. I'm a psychology/philosophy major still in my junior year, and expect the trip will be very philosophical in nature.... the vast majority of my psychedelic experiences are.

That all being said, I'm looking for advice on what kind of setting I should smoke the DMT in. I have a good friend who has already agreed to watch over the trip... I'm wondering if I should do it outside or inside, at night or during the day, with/without music etc.

Any advice is much appreciated.

... Hope this is the right forum. I only recently found out about bluelight and havent trolled much yet.
<3 so far

Inside or outside is good it doesn't make that much of a difference past a certain dose because you lose awareness of your surroundings anyway. But coming to with the birds chirping and the wind blowing on your face can be pretty nice.

I personally prefer to do DMT alone without a sitter. It makes me feel a little weird to have someone staring at me while I'm so far gone and then asking me a thousand questions as soon as I come back. But YMMV. That's just me. It also depends on who the friend is and how well versed they are in the psychedelic experience. I don't think you need to worry about doing anything stupid while your out. I have never experienced or heard anything like that. It usually just completely immobilizes you.

If you feel nervous before (I usually do) it can really help to just sit with your eyes closed and meditate with breathing exercises. This can really calm you down and set the tone for the trip.

I usually prefer silence at breakthrough doses because I find that the music keeps me grounded and aware of my surroundings more than I would like. I experience very bizarre aural hallucinations on DMT anyway that I consider to be part of the experience. Buzzing, high pitched oscillations of sound. But music can be nice on lower doses.

Good luck :) A DMT trip is one of the most incredible experiences a human being can have IMO <3

^ thanks.

My friend has tripped shrooms with me many times. We are very like minded, and I expect he will ask me questions etc when I'm coming to... I think I would like that actually. I'd like to get a lot of the experience into words for someone else to hear (if possible obv)

btw, I don't know the specific chemical at the moment... All I know is "dmt". Is there any way to tell?

Also its only .1g. Is this enough to breakthrough?

Delta-9-THC said it -- I agree with every sentiment in that post.

.1g (100mg) will be plenty to break through -- if you do intend to breakthrough, try and get in at least three (if not four) large hits before you become too intoxicated to operate the smoking apparatus.

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by "I don't know the specific chemical". Your crystal is probably mostly DMT freebase, with some inevitable impurities from the extraction process. The whiter it is, the purer.

That is more than enough. That is good for 2 solid breakthrough experiences if you smoke (vaporize really) it correctly.

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by "specific chemical". DMT is DMT.

There is also 5-meo-dmt but that is quite different and significantly more potent. All you need is a few mg for a very strong experience. I have not tried it myself.

I'd do it for your first time indoors, just so you are in the safest environment possible. Try to be in a very comfortable place such as a couch with low but some lighting like a lava lamp or something. DMT can also be good in a secluded outdoor location though it would make hitting the pipe a pain due to wind, and I normally prefer my DMT indoors .

Try to just be with one or two other people, DMT makes shit get weird, and you don't want to be bothered. It's not long, so turn offf your phone for an hour and make sure nobody is gona be bugging you for at least an hour.

Music is optional, but lyrics tend to get distracting/weird so something without them would be preferable for me (Though the Grateful Dead are still awesome on deemsters for me haha)

thanks for the advice.

I plan on making one of those DMT pipes from this thread http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=302269

I'll probably listen to one of Spongle's chiller songs. Still don't know if I'm going to do it outside or not yet... but u guys think it wont matter at all? I mean I know you get launched into a completely new realm of perception, but does your environment effect the trip at all?

does your environment effect the trip at all?

The degree to which your environment plays a part in the content of the trip depends on the dose. At higher doses it may have some kind of effect but it wont be as noticeable because the imagery is so novel and far removed from normal life.

There have been times on lower doses that the visual experience is clearly directly influenced by my surroundings. I remember staring at my table after taking a few small hits and everything in my vision got chopped up and rearranged but still had distinct features of what I was originally looking at.

So in short, yes it can affect the trip. Just make sure you are somewhere calm and safe. That is the most important thing. Inside or outdoors are both pleasant but I agree with Clash to an extent in that it may be best to do it in an as(that's alot of two letter words next to each other :)) controlled an environment as possible for your first time.

Your environment definitely affects the trip IME. Sunlight is a huge plus for me. If you do it indoors, raise your window blinds! :)