• Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film Django Unchained

rate this film:

• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/1star.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/2stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
good quality screener last night, sick of waiting for the release. enjoyed the story, but was frustrated at hell. the combination of too quiet quiets and too loud louds and a progressively out of sync audio, i missed most of the dialogue.

will still catch it in the sinny after it finally comes out here. :X

^That's a bummer L2R, there are really good copies out there.

I thoroughly enjoyed the film. Its not Tarantino's best work, but that isn't really saying anything about the film itself. Stood up next to Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown or Reservoir Dogs, it doesn't hold up as one of the greats. However when taken for what it is, Django is excellent. I enjoyed my first Django viewing much more than I enjoyed my first Basterds viewing, which I wasn't really impressed with right away. After watching Basterds several more times it grew on me tremendously and is now one of my favorites. I can only imagine Django will do the same.

Waltz once again stole the show, I think. Someone give this man another Oscar please.

i took from django the advantage over basterds in that it is a whole story. it doesn't suffer from any clear story omissions so prevalent in ib.

I am not a fan of leonardo dicaprio at all.
But before the Golden Globes I thought he would win the best supporting actor award, at least the award went to my second choice.

But bottom line is kudos to dicaprio.

Now I only hate Tom Hanks. ;)

^agreed with one of the best scenes ever.

but completely disagree with the casting issues you have with JB. i thought everyone was perfect. mind you i haven't read the book.

Something I noticed when watching this movie was that near the ending, there was an overhead tracking shot of the post-shoot out and it was very similar to the one at the end of Taxi Driver.

wow max, it's amazing how you
Lucyliu.gif

notice two things

As big a Simpsons fan as I am, most Futurama references go over my head.

You can only be a fan of 1 cartoon? Either I am confused or you are missing out. Zoidberg says it's the second one.

no amor, that would require some multitasking. what do you think max is running on, a 386 processor? ha =D

You can only be a fan of 1 cartoon? Either I am confused or you are missing out. Zoidberg says it's the second one.

I meant that although I'm a huge fan of one Matt Groening cartoon, I rarely watch the other. It just never piqued my interested.

I loved it.

I can't get enough of those long scenes of dialogue between two very engaging and animated actors like Dicaprio or Waltz; it's a pleasure to watch.

I watched it for the first time last night, thought it was excellent, Foxx, Waltz, Di Caprio, & Samuel L were all superb - even Don Johnson was very watchable for the limited time he's on screen. The cinematography was great, the soundtrack solid. Thought the film struck the right tone between the drama and humor (loved the 'White mask' scene), I'd rank it as one of QT's best, no question

One of the best films i've seen in a long time. Very engaging even over the long long duration.
Also fun fact about the movie, in the scene were Di Caprio slams his hand on the table. Thats real blood! Di Caprio accidentally caught his hand on a piece of glass but continued with the scene regardless. The director liked it so much decided to keep it in :)

I can't thank Tarantino enough for bringing Christoph Waltz into his movies and into my attention. He is quickly becoming one of my favorite actors. He's brilliant in both Django Unchained and Inglorious Basterds.

First of all, this is the opinion of a guy who thought Deathproof was a masterpiece, and who loved Inglourious Basterds enough to see it three times in the theater. After putting my brain into the land of internet opinion, I have come to realize that I am sort of a minority in this respect.

That said, I was slightly disappointed with Django Unchained. Really I think that it would have been perfect for what it was if they had ended the movie at the first final shootout. Why go through the unnecessary and predictable jaunt of having the second capture, imprisonment, escape and gunfight, when it was already clear how everything was going to finish. My thought is this, either end the movie with a grand finale at the initial opportunity, or take the movie in an unpredictable direction and keep things interesting.

In all, it's a minor complaint. Compared to a movie like White Chicks 2 (which I don't think even exists), this film is obviously a classic. Judged on that honorable merit it gets a solid 4/5 from me.