• Total voters

L2R

Bluelight Crew
w&d: qt
s: foxx, walts, di caprio & don johnson

django-unchained-teaser-trailer-ET.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1853728/

trailer here
http://www.darkhorizons.com/trailers/embed/8527/?TB_iframe=true&height=504&width=845&modal=false

i hope it turns out to be less quirky than it seems. more like the start of inglourious basterds and less like the end of IB.

I love me some spaghetti western (although this might be a "southern" from the looks of that cotton).

This movie does not look good at all. I am sorry, but to all the Tarrantino fan boys, he hasn't released a good film in a long time. Inglorious bastards was all over the place in terms of the script but was saved by the superb acting (sans pitts absurd accent).

^yeah ib was messy but with a few pieces of brilliance and deathproof was stupid. however both kill bills were 100% solid imo.

Do you shake your head at the title of the movie, too?

no. the tagline gets the special smh for its superlame hiphop popculture reference. it's just as bad as had it been "who let the django out".

From a purely objective standpoint; do most tend to think that Tarrantino's greatest works are his first 2 films and there has been a steady decline ever since? I was never a fan of his, even with his first 2 classics, but I can understand good filmmaking and those fit the bill. Ever since, though, he seems to live notoriously off reputation. Kill Bill was quite solid but his reputation seems to be superceding everything else. Thoughts?

Cheers

Tomer

Last edited:
I think most Tarantino fans would agree that his first three films were his best, Jackie Brown just tends to get out-shadowed by the first two. After that his films became a lot flashier and the clever storytelling and quippy dialogue that made him popular to begin with was replaced by excess amounts of violence and camp. I still think he's a talented director, but it seems like much of his original artistic vision has been corrupted by the Hollywood spotlight.

Jackie Brown is my all-time fave QT masterpiece, followed by Reservoir Dogs

I'm a 90s guy, so I love QT, and I find it odd that he has developed a small legion of haters as of late. I still don't think any other director has mastered 1) soundtracks quite as well as him, and 2) dialogue

I'll be watching Django. it sounds quirky, but for QT, the more quirky the better imo

smh @ that tagline
Please don't use SMH ever again. Ever.
Jackie Brown is my all-time fave QT masterpiece
wat
I still don't think any other director has mastered 1) soundtracks quite as well as him, and 2) dialogue

Agree on the latter only.

I can only hope Django Reinhardt gets more shine because of this because he really deserves it over QT.

as a fan since reservoir dogs (even saw a live version) and have great memories of a release day screening of pulp fiction, i've been saying for years that jackie brown is qt's real masterpiece. tbh, i don't care about common perception, other fans can think what they like. i agree somewhat with what you say, tomer. he just ham and cheese his own thing up some times, i thought deathproof was a hugh masturbation into a mirror (although i do love the title).

something about IB just seems compromised to me. if whatever force made that take place is absent (my best guess is runtime limits for the set story), i'm confident that I will enjoy django.

Jackie Brown is a masterpiece

I am so confused over pop culture's popular opinion, which says that Jackie Brown is a mediocre movie and the worst movie that QT has ever done

qt punched don murphy in a restaurant. i will watch all his movies, because he is a hilarious nut job.

I really hope its better than bastards, and am not the biggest fan of Jamie Fox. I also dont think dicaprio sounds right for his part maybe still a bit to young.
As for the films premise it seems a bit stale for me. Trying to be optimistic though.

As for the films premise it seems a bit stale for me. Trying to be optimistic though.

Stale?
Um how many other movies can you name with a premise of a slave turned bounty hunter who kills white slave/plantation owners in the old south?

Last edited: