• Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film Django Unchained

rate this film:

• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/1star.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/2stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
yeah I agree, Bill. I can at least ascertain some of QT's critics, even though I am not one of them, and at least when considering his more recent films. the premise of this movie can be denounced in a couple feasible ways - but stale sure is not one of them!

I personally can't wait to see Leo as the major villain, done under QT. it seems to me that he should be portraying an evil, sadistic French slave-owner. the possibilities are endless! I hope that Leo as the villainous Frenchman is going to be comparable to Brad Pitt as the Southern infantry commander!

If you're going to compare Leo's character to a Inglorious Basterd's character, let it be Hans Landa (Christoph Waltz). Pitt wasn't bad, but Waltz almost single-handedly kept that movie from being terrible.

the Django Unchained trailer is finally among us! Christopher Waltz appears to be in a role that he has never quite taken, in his entire career. this trailer looks hyper-kewl and hyper-violent, and even for a trailer the soundtrack is "off the chain"!!

the Django Unchained trailer is finally among us! Christopher Waltz appears to be in a role that he has never quite taken, in his entire career. this trailer looks hyper-kewl and hyper-violent, and even for a trailer the soundtrack is "off the chain"!!

there's a trailer in the original post, bro ;)

He already made 3 posts in the thread previous to that, he just wanted to feel special. Let him have this one ;)

Stale?
Um how many other movies can you name with a premise of a slave turned bounty hunter who kills white slave/plantation owners in the old south?

The oppressed getting back at their masters, hunted bcomes hunted, I was hoping tarantino would do something really different.
It just sounds like another revenge movie.

dont get me wrong I hope its good, but its seems as though QT is sticking to his style when I would have liked to see him try something outside of his comfort zone.

^yeah and the biggest cliche of all: the characters learn something and change in the process.

and here's the newest trailer yet, featuring an appearance by none other than Samuel L. Jackson himself!

and the web-site I got said new trailer from features a little blurb teasing us with some more (very fucking interesting) points of this movie's plot:

NSFW:
Django and Schultz’s search ultimately leads them to Calvin Candie (Leonardo DiCaprio), the proprietor of “Candyland,” an infamous plantation where slaves are groomed by trainer Ace Woody (Kurt Russell) to battle each other for sport. Exploring the compound under false pretenses, Django and Schultz arouse the suspicion of Stephen (Samuel L. Jackson), Candie’s trusted house slave.

LOL you know I've been nervously twiddling my thumbs for my chance to post ;)

man I think this movie looks so bad-ass

the tv spot is better than the full trailer imo.

Stale?
Um how many other movies can you name with a premise of a slave turned bounty hunter who kills white slave/plantation owners in the old south?

I just feel that the victim out for revenge is getting a bit boring.

^

Blonde chick gets revenge on Bill...

Jews get revenge on Hitler...

Slave gets revenge on slave owner...

There seems to be a pattern to Mr. Tarantino's later movies.