Film Django Unchained

rate this film:

• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/1star.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/2stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
fucking amazing movie!!! Christopher Waltz hands down to ya!!!!<3

Thought it was an awesome film. Dont even like Foxx but he done a good job. Both Di Caprio and Waltz were fantastic, made the film.

I've watched this movie a couple times now and have come to the conclusion that it's my least favorite Tarantino film next to Death Proof. I'm starting to think Tarantino doesn't know how to end movies anymore. Like Inglorious Basterds, I thought it was great up until the last 30 minutes or so, at which point all of the dramatic tension that had been building up for the entire film is thrown out the window in favor of dumb, poorly-choreographed shootouts. Waltz and DiCaprio were amazing in their roles, but Foxx completely lacked the charisma to carry the film after their characters had died.

Also, what the fuck was up with those dressage moves Django pulls out at the very end? That pointless, stupid moment alone really made me question if QT had lost his god damn mind.

My roommate rented this and I was able to catch it last night.

Nice nod to Leone's style. I'd watch it again, but I'm glad I didn't spend money at the theatre to watch it. 4/5.

^^I don't think there's very many films I would spend money to watch these days, and those that I would be willing to pay for have an odd penchant for not playing in local theaters...

The internet's my best friend when it comes to new releases.

I'm starting to think Tarantino doesn't know how to end movies anymore. Like Inglorious Basterds,

I find myself slightly agreeing to this, but I'm also thinking he might be adhering to a pattern that we viewers haven't been able to recognize yet. Honestly, though, it's possible that the pattern we're missing is just lunacy, ridiculousness, shock-value.

I really don't know.

I've watched this movie a couple times now and have come to the conclusion that it's my least favorite Tarantino film next to Death Proof

Nothing he does will ever top the greatness of My Best Friend's Birthday.

I was out doing some running around today and saw that Target had a "exclusive" stealbox edition of Django Unchained,looked pretty cool so I bought it. I had a great time watching it in the theater a few months back and wanted to add it to my QT collection at home.

FWIW, one of my friends use to work at a bank that QT uses or used. He was calling about collections on a bank credit card. He called QT about a ~$700 bill at a local pizza shop. QT told them that he definitely told everyone he was going to pay for it and that the charge should go through. Apparently he bought pizza and beer for everyone in the restaurant. Even if he has lost his god damn mind, he's a stand up, badass kinda guy.

Well, done top 5 films of the year. Too bad Samuel Jackson didn't get an Oscar .... now that would be an Uncle Tom move.

I've watched this movie a couple times now and have come to the conclusion that it's my least favorite Tarantino film next to Death Proof. I'm starting to think Tarantino doesn't know how to end movies anymore. Like Inglorious Basterds, I thought it was great up until the last 30 minutes or so, at which point all of the dramatic tension that had been building up for the entire film is thrown out the window in favor of dumb, poorly-choreographed shootouts. Waltz and DiCaprio were amazing in their roles, but Foxx completely lacked the charisma to carry the film after their characters had died.

Also, what the fuck was up with those dressage moves Django pulls out at the very end? That pointless, stupid moment alone really made me question if QT had lost his god damn mind.

This is pretty much exactly how I felt.
The gunfights were what drove me nuts more than anything. Kill Bill called for ridiculous sprays of blood. The gunshot wounds, the way they gushed outwards was ridiculous.
There were also at least a couple people that were shot from one direction and were either hit and/or flew back in a ridiculously incorrect spot/direction.

Waltz or DiCaprio needed to live a while longer. I realize he was probably trying to avoid the typical, white guy in the front with a black sidekick archetype, but it didn't work because the ending played out like he wrote it on the margins of a newspaper.
Samuel L Jackson was great.

The horse dancing.... Yeah... What the fuck was that? I should have never seen that.

Otherwise, the first 3/4's of the movie was really enjoyable.

I need to watch this movie... I mean I tried to, but just ended up having sex with my partner as it played in the background. Lol yeah, but from what I saw it was interesting. I don't know if I'll actually end up liking it. Hmmm.

You can have sex with me, xstayfadedx. We'll be finished before the beginning credits even end. It's win win.

This is pretty much exactly how I felt.
The gunfights were what drove me nuts more than anything. Kill Bill called for ridiculous sprays of blood. The gunshot wounds, the way they gushed outwards was ridiculous.
There were also at least a couple people that were shot from one direction and were either hit and/or flew back in a ridiculously incorrect spot/direction.

Waltz or DiCaprio needed to live a while longer. I realize he was probably trying to avoid the typical, white guy in the front with a black sidekick archetype, but it didn't work because the ending played out like he wrote it on the margins of a newspaper.
Samuel L Jackson was great.

The horse dancing.... Yeah... What the fuck was that? I should have never seen that.

Otherwise, the first 3/4's of the movie was really enjoyable.

I didn't notice the horse dance...the first viewing. I guess the writer/director was trying to make it a victory dance...but with horses.

I didn't notice the horse dance...the first viewing. I guess the writer/director was trying to make it a victory dance...but with horses.

The horse used in the film belonged to Jamie Foxx. He had trained his horse to dance and Tarantino decided to use it in the film.

^That explains that. I'm glad there's a definitive reason for it.

I never thought I'd see the guy that played LaWanda sitting on a dancing horse in a Tarantino film.