• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Dihydrocodeine- experiences with snorting & plugging

okay so my friend is a very bad dihydrocodine addict and he has been taking them for about 4 years every day but now he wants to start plugging it and i was woundering why would he do that he reckons it will be much stronger and he wont have to use as much can you tell me if he is right i have a very inquisitive mind and when i here something i have to look it up and fine out all about it can someone answer my question thanks you very much

"your friend" is correct. The BA of DHC is only about 10-20% orally. It is around 80-100% anally. I am curious what sort of dosages is your friend taking daily? I have been addicted to it for some time and am taking ever increasing doses to keep from getting sick. Currently I have been taking the same dose for a while and can get by on 300mg IR in the morning followed by 240mg IR every 5 hours after until i fall asleep. This habit is getting very expensive and I honestly do not know what to do. I have tried tapering down on my own and am completely unable. I am a slave to this drug and I'm tired of it. I was able to kick a heft habit of both oxycodone and tramadol in the past but I am hopelessly addicted to DHC. My wife has no idea of the problem I have. I was in a bad accident in February and suffered a terrible injury to both legs it was at that time My use skyrocketed. I don't want to be taking these pills forever and short of going cold turkey and letting my supply run out I do not know what to do. I figure I will get up the courage and taper down till my supply runs out and then deal with it when I have no supply and have tapered down.

okay so i did this experiment and put 6 dihydrocodine 30 mg IR in 5 mls of water dissolved them i put them into a syringe and plugged them as suggested so ll lay down on my side for about an hour to and hour and half when i got up i had this urge to go the toilet and a white leaky substance came out and then i did it again plugged some more and it did the same thing again so what i am asking is this normal because i was under the impression that it would be absorbed and i am a bit worried as that was the first time i tried doing it that way

Slow and Steady Wins the Race

I have an administration question for the above poster: How fast are you pushing down on the plunger? I have found that the slower you push it down, the less likely you have that uncontrollable urge to go to the bathroom.

However, having had the liquid inside you for so long brings up another question: Did you feel opiated?

yes i did but i was also taking some oral aswel and i just need ed to know if this is normal because it has worried me so i would be really happy if anybody could respond to this question plz thank you

Last edited:
for moral decay as i said he is on 96 tablets a week maybe a bit more i would say the least he takes about 10 to 12 tablets a day and sometimes he goes up to double of that if he wants to get really smashed and cause he has chronic pain disorder he has been taking them for 4 years and he has built up a tolerance to them over time which begs the question how many will he be on in about 2 years i also had the same problem and it ended my relationship what i did was i told someone i could trust my closest friend and gave them my tablets and they helped me cut down and eventually i didn't need them anymore but off my own choice since i am always in a lot of pain i have come back on them i say you tell you're wife if you are sourish and let her help you get off them doing it alone will never help but its up to you but that was how i did it in the end oh and if someone could let me know about weather its normal to leak mucus after plugging it that would be very appreciated thank you and goodluck with kicking the habit Moral Decay

Last edited:
for moral decay as i said he is on 96 tablets a week maybe a bit more i would say the least he takes about 10 to 12 tablets a day and sometimes he goes up to double of that if he wants to get really smashed and cause he has chronic pain disorder he has been taking them for 4 years and he has built up a tolerance to them over time which begs the question how many will he be on in about 2 years i also had the same problem and it ended my relationship what i did was i told someone i could trust my closest friend and gave them my tablets and they helped me cut down and eventually i didn't need them anymore but off my own choice since i am always in a lot of pain i have come back on them i say you tell you're wife if you are sourish and let her help you get off them doing it alone will never help but its up to you but that was how i did it in the end oh and if someone could let me know about weather its normal to leak mucus after plugging it that would be very appreciated thank you and goodluck with kicking the habit Moral Decay

Thank you for your well wishes. My wife knew I take them she jsut did not know the extent of my addiction. I am taking ten tablets in the morning and about 16-20 more over the course of the day. I just told her yesterday that I am addicted to them and that I want to quit. I told her that I might need her to hold the pills for me and ration them out to me daily.

I have come up with a taper schedule that I think will work. I will be reducing by one tablet every 4th day. I think that in this way I can reduce with out being in too much discomfort.

As for your leakage I can't say for sure but I think that leakage may be due to the binders in the tablets that are not water or fat soluble. Not everything is going to be absorbed as the pills were not intended to be taken this way.

thank you very much and you are welcome try not to cut down to fast though as you will end up back at stage one and let me know how you get on and i hope it works good luck

interesting, will try this method... but still, no answer to whether coca cola could break down the dihy to an ineffective degree? im hoping the wax gets broken down, but the dihy just stays in the coke in solution. is there anything fundamentally wrong with this idea?

Has anyone considered crushing up and dissolving the DHC 120mg Continus (ER) pills in water at very high temperatures? I'm not sure why this never occurred to me before... but technically if you heat 250-500ml water to 100-150deg Celsius I would assume that the waxy binders would melt and float to the top of the water. additionally the bubbling (since the water would be boiling) would thoroughly mix everything and separate the DHC from the waxy binder. Then I would assume you could just cool the water and either skim off the top layer of wax (or possibly run it through a filter? not sure if this would potentially allow binders to pick up some of the DHC) and evaporate the resulting water-DHC solution until its of desired concentration for plugging.

If anyone has any thoughts on this let me know -- I might try this out over the weekend if no one sees any flaws in it.

Has anyone considered crushing up and dissolving the DHC 120mg Continus (ER) pills in water at very high temperatures? I'm not sure why this never occurred to me before... but technically if you heat 250-500ml water to 100-150deg Celsius I would assume that the waxy binders would melt and float to the top of the water. additionally the bubbling (since the water would be boiling) would thoroughly mix everything and separate the DHC from the waxy binder. Then I would assume you could just cool the water and either skim off the top layer of wax (or possibly run it through a filter? not sure if this would potentially allow binders to pick up some of the DHC) and evaporate the resulting water-DHC solution until its of desired concentration for plugging.

If anyone has any thoughts on this let me know -- I might try this out over the weekend if no one sees any flaws in it.

Most opiates break down rapidly at high temperatures. My prescription bottle for dihydrocodeine says not to store it above 25* Celsius; which is only 77* Fahrenheit. I'm not absolutely certain on the break down Temp of DHC. I believe it is higher than other opiates but still not likely high enough to bring it to a boil or be quite as hot as would be needed to break down the wax binder as it is not your standard paraffin wax. It is much more hearty and dry of a wax.

Last edited:
please be careful

"your friend" is correct. The BA of DHC is only about 10-20% orally. It is around 80-100% anally. I am curious what sort of dosages is your friend taking daily? I have been addicted to it for some time and am taking ever increasing doses to keep from getting sick. Currently I have been taking the same dose for a while and can get by on 300mg IR in the morning followed by 240mg IR every 5 hours after until i fall asleep. This habit is getting very expensive and I honestly do not know what to do. I have tried tapering down on my own and am completely unable. I am a slave to this drug and I'm tired of it. I was able to kick a heft habit of both oxycodone and tramadol in the past but I am hopelessly addicted to DHC. My wife has no idea of the problem I have. I was in a bad accident in February and suffered a terrible injury to both legs it was at that time My use skyrocketed. I don't want to be taking these pills forever and short of going cold turkey and letting my supply run out I do not know what to do. I figure I will get up the courage and taper down till my supply runs out and then deal with it when I have no supply and have tapered down.

please read the below that I posted in another part of the forum, please be careful even if you have been on dhc awhile.
Hi, I am fairly new here to this forum, however, I have been and am a of several different forums, this one however seems to be unique and and I enjoy reading all the new informative information displayed here
I just have one word of advice, be careful and stay aware of any type of med you take for pain/pleasure. I have been taking dhc instant and continuous, sometimes lortab for degenerative disc disease. I switched to the dhc combinations about a year ago. So 8 days ago, I had taken a couple of 120mg dhc continuous and later that morning 6 or 7 dhc 40mg instant release(df11. This was really not much more than usual for me, but I got a little sleepy in the afternoon and decided to lay down. Next thing I know was I woke up in the hospital 12 hours later. It seems that 5 hours after I laid down, my friend tried to wake me up, could not do it and I was covered in sweat. Friends were called and still could not awake me. An ambulance was called and 12 hours later I woke up in the emergency room. Seems as if I overdosed. So just be careful and aware of what you take and what your body can handle.

Unfortunately I had not read this and just shoved the tablets up my pet starfish. After reading this post I followed it up with some warm water. What I'd like to know is, have i completely wasted my pet starfishes time doing it this way?

I find all this very interesting because, everyone seems to rave about how much more efficient plugging DHC is than swallowing it. I think it might just be my metabolism but when I plug DHC I get maybe 10% the effect that I get with swallowing the same dose. I've tried time and time again crushing up 120mg's into 5ml water and plugging it and I get almost nothing, it's really an anomaly. Is there a rectal tolerance the first few times you plug something, or is this just a unique case, or should I maybe plug half and swallow half?

I find all this very interesting because, everyone seems to rave about how much more efficient plugging DHC is than swallowing it. I think it might just be my metabolism but when I plug DHC I get maybe 10% the effect that I get with swallowing the same dose. I've tried time and time again crushing up 120mg's into 5ml water and plugging it and I get almost nothing, it's really an anomaly. Is there a rectal tolerance the first few times you plug something, or is this just a unique case, or should I maybe plug half and swallow half?

I have access to pure 30mg dyhydrocodeine tabs. I´ve just tried pluggin 90mg with OK results. Later tried 90mg with a bit of sodium bicarb. The results were much better.
Is this in my head or does sodium bicarb help with BA?

Hello this has been a wonderfull reading for me both funny and a lot of usefull info for me as a DHC user I have been on it for about half a year on and off with 2 weeks inbetween 1 week binge of oral usage strictly of the DHC continus (hydrogenotartas) pills my sweet point of crushed 60mg continus pills is 400-500mg bare in mind that these are hydrogenotartas pills so thats about 300-400 mgs of freebase I have worked on a project (Iam a student of farmacology and physical chemistry) I found out that for Dihydrocodeine the destruction point is around 120-130*celsius degrees but the melting point of the surfactant (Cetostearylalcohol) and the wax binder (hydroxyethylcelulose) is around 80-90*C(look this up for yourself) so basicly heating the solution with crushed pill powder and water with somthing that imitates centrifuge a mixer for example or you could just stir it vigorously than you filter the floating wax it should form beads of wax you let it cool down to a temperature little above the room temperature and you are ready to plug ofcourse you cant disolve 500mg worth of powder in 10ml water you need at least 50 ml or even more ... that means more water in your bum I want to try this method today but Iam affraid my folks would catch me with shit droping on my legs and running to the toilet :D :D :D sorry for my english pls keep this thread going Iam curious if you could do an A/B extraction with bicarb and cocacola (H3PO4 acid)

I know that this is an old thread, but since it has already been bumped, I just want to state for the record, that DHC is NOT a prodrug, in fact the amount concerted to DHM is so small that it's practically useless. And, first pass metabolism has nothing to do with the pro-drug opioids(like codeine, tramadol) converting to active forms, they get converted by the liver regardless, first pass just destroys a large portion of the drug.

How much dhc is too much??

Herman Goring, Reichsmarschall and second only to Hitler, is without peer in his love of dihydrocodeine ('paracodeine' in 40's Germany) after morphine became scarce.

At the time of his capture he had with him ALL of it- literally all the dihydrocodeine in Germany in his luggage. He was never without 100s dispensary bottles on him. How much DHC can a fat man consume without going coma and still display a 130 IQ??
Typically, 20 pills x 40mg dihydrocodeine in the morning and another 20 x 40mg evenings. IR. 1,600 mg of DHC each and every day..

AND HE GOT CLEAN!!! (But then died).
He was weaned by subtracting one pill a day for weeks. Don't know if he plugged them or not, but probably just took them orally.

Don't overpack the syring. Most palliative amounts of DHC can dissolve in the amount of sweat from a coke can on a hot day. Goal is just enough solvent to be comfortable and make backdoor introduction a breeze. All salts (opiates) have robust water solubility tests for reading pleasure.

Warm water; and use your gfs lube & apply to the tip and shoulders of the plunger to break the ice.
This may go without saying but take a SHIT first before hand. Every astronaut needs a cockpit.

Is this shit any good? I have experience and abuse with opiates like oxy,hydro,morphine,H but always hated codeine. Either i didnt feel it or if i took 400-500 mgs i just felt nauseaous and drwosy but 0 euphoria. I used to mix it with other depressants and weed to get some slurred euphoria out of it. How does dihydrocodeine comapre to it ?

DHC is said to have 1.5x the analgesia of codeine. Effects vary and depend on your current tolerance, etc. Most would say it's preferable to codeine. Dihydrocodeine is differently metabolized than codeine.
No one can say how it will make you feel but it is a sched II with an addiction potential greater than codeine.
Its popularity is mainly due to the ease of getting it online- with a months supply easily mailed to your mailbox. And DHC usually comes in tabs free from undesirable shit usually married with codeine like acetaminophen and other liver insulting crap.

I have found concomitant use with Trams ups the desirable effects but be cautious. Any opioid will usually potentiate each other.