• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Did you start with weed?

never been stoned in my life!!
Ive done acid(lots), E( a fair few times) speed(a couple) and a few others but weed just doesnt appeal to me,however the guy that introduced me to acid,my first drug,was an absolute bong head so I guess that counts as weed being my path

never been stoned in my life!!
Ive done acid(lots), E( a fair few times) speed(a couple) and a few others but weed just doesnt appeal to me,however the guy that introduced me to acid,my first drug,was an absolute bong head so I guess that counts as weed being my path

Fisrt illegal thing I tried was weed. I think before that I had tried alcohol and xanax, maybe a few other random OTC's. To me it just seemed natural that weed was the first thing to try. After I tried it, I didn't do anything else for several months. Eventually I came around...
------------------
"I shall be a sinful man to the end, and think upon my deathbed of all the nights I wasted in my youth."
--W. B. Yeats

well for me it was a gateway drug.
1.)newports
2.)weed
3.)coke
4.)acid
5.)benzos
6.)e
7.)k
8.)dust
9.)oxycontin
10.)shrooms
11.)DXM
12.)crack
13.)heroin
14.)salvia
but i cant fucking STAND alcohol,so for me it turned me into a crackwhore dopefiend, thanks marijuana!
wink.gif

------------------
Peace and beatz,
-ejay
[This message has been edited by its ejay (edited 27 November 2001).]

it definetly is a "gateway" i didn't believe that till it happened to me i smoked weed then i sold it i had a lot of money and i was bored with bud so i tried E then LSD and shrooms and did some pill popping. so yeah its a gateway
------------------
"In order to use your head you must first lose your mind" -Dr. Thomas Leary
Dr. Thomas Leary? lol i didnt know timmY had a brother
wink.gif
------------------
Peace and beatz,
-ejay

Alcohol
Acid
Dxm
Weed
E
Hydrocodone
------------------
AIM/MSN/Y! - ciajs1

1) Booze when i was 3 (check out this)
2) Ciggarettes (i mention this, because ciggarettes were totally a gateway to weed for me, i mean, why smoke this icky shit when theres better green stuff that gets you high)
3) Weed
4) various pharm Pills
5) Mushrooms
6) Nitrous Oxide
7) LSD
------------------
"We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-coloured uppers, downers, screamers, laughers ... and also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of Budweiser, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls...Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can."
[This message has been edited by HeKtiK (edited 27 November 2001).]

weed, alcohol, adderall, other pharmies, then crack, then powder coke
------------------
they call it yayo up north, and yay for short in the south- Playa Fly "Funk N Bock"

Marijuana is terrible, its a gateway drug.. it leads to other things.
Yeah mostly junk food.
- Half Baked (movie)

the story of my life:
1.ecstasy
2.weed
3.nitrous
4.salvia
4.lsd
5.benzos - valium,xanax,klonopin
6.painkillers - lortab,percs,oxys
7.cocaine
8.foxy
9.METH

I'm not gonna sit here and list all the drugs I've done b/c this thread really isnt about what drugs you've done.
BUT, i did start out w/ smoking weed...first it was alcohol, but the first illegal drug was weed. I think that its a gateway drug b/c b4 you start smoking it, you say that you never will...and then you do. and then you say, "well, i just smoke weed, i dont do other drugs...I'd never do that shit." Then, you might try some perscription drugs...and justify it like this "well, i only smoke weed and take scrips...i'm not really doing drugs." then one day, your dealer asks you..."you wanna try a little coke?" and you justify it like this, "well...i only smoke weed and do some scrips, a little coke just this once wont hurt me." it just goes on and on from there....you justify everything you do to make it seem okay to yourself--once you become ok with weed, you'll be ok with something else eventually...you desentitize yourself towards drugs just as you have towards violence (through movies and even watching the news everyday) its kinda the same principal.
------------------
*cassidy*
aim: xoxcassidyxox
"the purpose of words is to convey a message--after the idea is grasped, the words are forgotten--where is a man who forgot all the words? it is he who i wish to speak to"

Coke was my first.
Then...
2)Weed
3)DXM
4)K
5)LSD
6)Methamphetamine
7)Shrooms
8)Datura
There are a lot more...but...eh.

i think the reason why weed is considered a gateway drug is because you start smoking with weed, hang out with people with weed, they introduce you to more drug using friends, bound to get a roller in there pretty soon, pretty quickly rather. Might be different for say, couples who start out past the "hanging out after school" scenario comes into play. I don't know, my guess.

My first drug was the wonderful lsd. I was 12 my first time. It did eventually lead me to the herb though. When I look back and reflect on my first time it brightens my day. I don't believe in the gateway theory at all though. Its not like weed signals some kind of inner voice in your head that says "smoke crack". Its the users choice to do so. Weed can not hold blame for human choices.
------------------
"The Eyes can Decieve the mind."
I am the Master
Master Trip
[This message has been edited by MasterTrip (edited 28 November 2001).]

Marijuana is considered a gateway drug because naturally most hard drug users when queried admit to having tried marijuana as thier first illicit drug.
It's intresting to note though that most marijuana users report having smoked cigarettes first.
So now nicotine is the first drug on the "gateway chain", but oddly enough most cigarette smokers confess to having taken caffeine in thier youth.
So now caffine is the gateway drug and so on and so on and so on...
Where does the "Gateway" begin?
The Gateway theory while technically could be considered a valid observation of drug use trends at best. It doesn't account for causality or trace the origins of a person's drug use, it simply takes the obvious and natural occurance of drug use progression and explicitly states that as a reason to control a said substance.
There is no real logic to the gateway theory so much as it is just an observation of a natural trend, to use it as any sort of marker for detrimental drug use and an inactment of judical law is to subscribe to an archaic fucking relic from the genesis of the War on Drugs.
My own curisoity was my fucking gateway drug...
------------------
"Rock and roll adolescents storm into the streets of all nations. They rush into the Louvre and throw acid in the Mona Lisa's face. They open zoo's, insane asslyums, prisons, burst water mains with air hammers, Chop the floor out of passanger plane lavatories, shoot out lighthouses, turn sewers into the water supply, administer injections with bicycle pumps. They shit on the floor of the United Nations and wipe thier ass with the treaties, pacts, alliances."

Well said, Brainrape.
I think weed is also said to be a gateway drug is because it is illegal. People may start off drinking, and say "I'll never do anything illegal..." But when they see how basically harmless weed is, it really undermines any respect for authority they had. ie, If weed is illegal and it's this harmless, the rest of the drugs must not be as bad as I've been told they are!
Of course, anytime I hear someone say weed is a gateway, I can tell them that I did MDMA before I ever smoked
smile.gif

1- butane aerosols only a few times or more
2- weed only a little.
3- beer and piss... a lot.
4- speed and ephadrine,
5- mdma and other pills
6- ketamine mmm
7- nutmeg and other crappy alternatives
8- mescaline and cactus- for the rest of my life i think.
9- LSA/ LSD
10- coke
11- salvia...
12 o clock- time for more weed,
and cant wait to get my hands on some shrooms!
there was no GATE i went offroad and tried out whatever i wanted.
I like most of the drugs i tried and they all have a purpose and thats that.
if anyone complains about e's they eithor havent had a real pure one or they had too much of anything and are brain fried.
[This message has been edited by vanpedro (edited 29 November 2001).]

maybe it is because people get pot first, realise that everything they have ever been told about it is bullshit, delve alittle deeper and find out most things they have been told/read about drugs is bullshit so try them. Perhaps they think all drugs are safe and it is all bullshit and there is no negative effects. hmmmmmmmm anothe benefit of the war on drugs