• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Demons/Evil Entities/Spirits Seen on/after Psychedelics

i've once had a feeling of a spirit sitting in a chair when i was on acid, but my buddy said that i shouldn't interact with spirits coz they're no good. (he's a christian)
i kind of followed his advice and ignored the spirit by focusing my mind on "being centered".

before i learned how to "be centered" i used to have many mindfucks on psychedelics.
i would not feel in control of myself and feelings would just overpower me.
eventually that lead to a couple of seriously bad trips where voices were fucking with my head big time.
they were whispering me all kinds of crazy ideas which i stupidly believed to be true.
i'm not sure if these voices were spirits or if they were just figments of my imagination.

during more recent aya trips in a ritual setting,
i would feel like an energy entered our room and it put a lot of physical pressure on me.
it felt like it pushed me down, made me feel very nauseous, trapped in a corner...

it made me feel totally desperate so i prayed to god and asked for help!
(at the time i was kind of undecided on the issue whether god really exists or not, but i felt so weak in comparison with the strength of this hostile energy that praying was my only hope.)

the second i prayed to god the hostiles disapeared,
and instead i felt a strong connection to god (i call it god because it feels not like a hostile energy, but as a very nurturing, loving kind of energy).

so anyway,
does god, and do demons/spirits really exist... or is it just our imagination?

i don't know if they literally exist outside our own imagination (though i'm open to that possibility),
i do know that they exist at least inside our heads and that it is important to become aware and in control of ourself... so we can be happy and strong while we try to contribute something positive to this world.

i also believe that we all have conflicting desires and thoughts inside ourself.
one part of us wants this and another part of us wants that. (sounds familiar? ;) )

i believe that we can all become evil, and that we can all become very good and holy...
we all have all qualities present inside ourself, even though some are more active or passive in one person compared to the other...

the kind of qualities that will become strong inside ourself are possibly part genetics,
part surrounding while growing up/old, and probably for a big part our own (un)conscious choice.

it is incorrect to say "this is who i am",
because the kind of person we are today does not have to be the kind of person we are tomorrow.
we can change the way we think and feel if we really want to.

because there is no permanent self that we can refer to as "this is who i am",
it makes much more sense to believe in a certain quality rather than "believing in yourself".

i believe in god,
in the sense that it is a power that enables me to be happy, centered & at peace...
perhaps what i call "god" is just the power of a focused mind...
or perhaps it really is a spiritual power. i don't know ;)

what i call "god" is probably what buddhists would call "the buddha nature".

im with you on this

Thanks

NSFW:
behemoth-the-apostasy.jpg

Thank you for that .jpg. I have already listened to that CD and I only had a 300x300 pixel sized .gif - I like to get high quality .jpg's for the music I like.

I think demons and entities really do exist... like why else would they just be there? Like I know it can be part of your imagination, but how could an entity of your imagination have influence on you. Like the guy posted above he said he felt a pressure on him and felt nauseous. Also I've heard many times that people feel really cold when they feel they are in the presence of something.

I do think we all have souls and that demons really do exist. And I don't think it's just our imagination

I think demons and entities really do exist... like why else would they just be there? Like I know it can be part of your imagination, but how could an entity of your imagination have influence on you. Like the guy posted above he said he felt a pressure on him and felt nauseous. Also I've heard many times that people feel really cold when they feel they are in the presence of something.

I do think we all have souls and that demons really do exist. And I don't think it's just our imagination
Easy, it's called religion.
All it takes is a simple understanding of psychology and the workings and patterns of the brain to explain things like encounters with gods/goddesses, angels/demons, saints, etc.

I have never seen a spirit, a demon, an angel or anything along any of those lines.

I also have zero belief in any of those kinds of things, and take no interest in those sorts of ideas, as i find them farcical and ridiculous.

If you believe in it to any degree, you're likely to see it. That's how this shit works.

(I don't believe in any form of good vs evil scenario)

To the guy with the ex mate, hate is such a burdon to carry, and even feeling justified in the hate doesnt change that. So dont bother with it, it wont make you feel good more than it makes you feel worse.

I think demons and entities really do exist... like why else would they just be there? Like I know it can be part of your imagination, but how could an entity of your imagination have influence on you. Like the guy posted above he said he felt a pressure on him and felt nauseous.
well,
i'm still not sure whether that was just in my mind
or whether it were really spiritual demons.

but now i think about it,
maybe the physical pressure on me and the nausea could be caused by a drop in blood pressure.
i remember that i had a similar "demonic encounter" on mushrooms where i felt very nauseous,
and when i lay down i started to feel better.

mushrooms are known to make people faint due to drop in blood pressure.
i had "demonic encounters" on LSD too but never felt physical pressure/nausea on that...

so maybe aya is sometimes related to drop in blood pressure like mushrooms are?
that would explain feeling a downward pushing physical pressure/nausea & physical weakness

Last edited:
I've never experienced an entity/spirit/demon contact while under the influence of a psychedelic..

However, the most vivid recollection i have of this sort of thing is the first time i experienced full blown sleep paralysis, before i woke up i was dreaming about Hell.. not in the traditional sense, but total chaos on earth been the description of 'Hell'.

I awoke to been felt pressed down on my bed, while hearing a demonic voice singing a song (my stereo/computer wasnt even on) my bed was covered in darkness and my ceiling was lit up like a light (no lights were on) i took it as some form of distinction between heaven and hell, i then heard crying down the hallway to my room before breaking the sleep paralysis and waking up properly.

I was almost convinced to go check on the other people in the house after hearing the crying, because the 'realness' of the experience was beyond anything else i had ever experienced before.. i knew in the back of my head i was experiencing sleep paralysis, but during the moment i was paying more attention to what was happening, it was an interesting experience though.

you probably were abducted ..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUki-07sp2E

Were not born into some sort of a hate filled mold that causes you to be a hate filled person. Those are most certainly not natural urges. Ive never contemplated killing anyone for any reason and hatred is garnished for truly vile people although at this time I hate no man.

i dont hate anyone but when i am depressed i could easily see the pleasure in killing people.

when i'm happy its major love to the world, when i'm depressed i feel hate:\

wha ya gunna do?

this is not the current "fashionable" materialistic age of science doctrine.

i believe in souls and energy and i dont think science has even a tenth of the answers

there is more to life than material things (though this does not gel with the american way- rampant selfish consumerism)

well it has been a while since ive posted but this might be of some interest to you all. It happened about 3 almost 4 years ago. I lived in an old house in Salem IN. This house was haunted by 3 ghosts. One lived in our bedroom and it was very much a guardian angel holding the others presence at bay. the 2nd was a very playful spirit that lived in our attic. It would come out to the sunroom and even would play with my infant son when we had him. The third was of particular interest though. It was a very menacing and evil presence. Very particular too. It would regularly invade me and my gfs dreams and would make its presence felt to everyone that came in even people that didnt believe in the stuff would tell us they felt something.

I tripped one night on 2C-T-2 and this thing decided to get inside of me and tried to take control. I fought for hours with this thing as it forced its will on me and tried to take control. Me being in an altered state of mind gave it the opportunity to manifest itself inside me. After it finally realized I was unwilling to budge no matter how hard it pushed it gave me a rare insight. It showed me its life. In life it was a young woman. 25 years old when she died. She was abused as a child until her mid teens then when she got on her own she suffered years of hardships until she met a man. for two years she stayed with him. He abused her physically and sexually until eventually he killed her and buried her remains within the walls of the house. Images and thoughts of this person flashed into my mind and I began to understand what had twisted her into the abomination she had become. After all the discomfort and unease this soul had caused me and my family I did feel sorry for her. The hatred it lived with was brought on to her from others and her life ended in violence and tragedy. Every time she saw me and my gf lying in bed she would be watching envious and angry (and we could feel her eyes upon us all the time). Every time we enjoyed playing in the living room there would be a cloud of white smoke looking against the wall staring at us. Every time I went to fix a sandwich in the kitchen there was a black cloud in the corner of my eye looking at me in jealousy as I enjoyed the simple comforts of mortality. I felt this things pain and anger and after it showed me what it did it released itself and it became much more docile and comfortable around us. It wasnt as angry and didnt bother us.

The one in the attic loved playing with me while I was tripping too. They all could tell when I was in an altered state of mind. That one I would sit in the sunroom at night and turn off the lights and it would put on a lightshow for me. it was the coolest thing.

A lot of people dont even believe in ghosts but Ive tripped with them. It was a mix good and bad interesting and horrifying but it was definitely a unique ride that I dont really talk about too much. Most people would think im crazy enough tripping let alone tripping and seeing ghosts.

during more recent aya trips in a ritual setting,
i would feel like an energy entered our room and it put a lot of physical pressure on me.
it felt like it pushed me down, made me feel very nauseous, trapped in a corner...

it made me feel totally desperate so i prayed to god and asked for help!
(at the time i was kind of undecided on the issue whether god really exists or not, but i felt so weak in comparison with the strength of this hostile energy that praying was my only hope.)

the second i prayed to god the hostiles disapeared,
and instead i felt a strong connection to god (i call it god because it feels not like a hostile energy, but as a very nurturing, loving kind of energy).

This same thing happened to me on Mushrooms. . I felt possessed and I cried out to "God"
(I used the word God, but in my head you could say I was calling out to any sort of higher power)

Instantly I felt wrapped in a cocoon of love and light and I've never really been the same since.

once on a mushroom and 5-meo-mipt trip I excised a K-entity, it had wings and snarled at me as it left my body...quite strange. I stopped doing K for a while after that.

I once saw glimpses of a big red motherfucker when I tried to fight my first break-through DMT trip. Quickly stopped struggling, went with the flow and he/it quickly left and left me with the shiny, pretty green/yellow operating room I first found myself in.

Other times on meth+lsd and mdpv+lsd shadowy folk have crept up on me (while taking a piss, funnily enough). Pretty sure this is due to both the stupid mixing of stimulants with good, strong L and also due to shadowy aspects of myself I still haven't fully reconciled or dealt with properly yet.

I've never experienced an entity/spirit/demon contact while under the influence of a psychedelic..

However, the most vivid recollection i have of this sort of thing is the first time i experienced full blown sleep paralysis, before i woke up i was dreaming about Hell.. not in the traditional sense, but total chaos on earth been the description of 'Hell'.

I awoke to been felt pressed down on my bed, while hearing a demonic voice singing a song (my stereo/computer wasnt even on) my bed was covered in darkness and my ceiling was lit up like a light (no lights were on) i took it as some form of distinction between heaven and hell, i then heard crying down the hallway to my room before breaking the sleep paralysis and waking up properly.

This reminds me of one really weird experience on 2C-E. I never have visualized evil entities during tripping - only good ones - but I often do in my dreams. So once on a large dose of 2C-E when I was really tired, I likely caught a sleep paralysis! What me and my friends could put together is that I actually fell asleep for a short moment, then immediatelly woke up to a sleep paralysis. Couldn't move for half an hour, and all the demonic presences sat on me and forced me to live through this looping reality with no escape. Eventually a cig break woke up from the repeating experience feedback and things started to go fine. :D

It was a very alarming moment though, I've never felt so trapped in my life.

well it has been a while since ive posted but this might be of some interest to you all. It happened about 3 almost 4 years ago. I lived in an old house in Salem IN. This house was haunted by 3 ghosts. One lived in our bedroom and it was very much a guardian angel holding the others presence at bay. the 2nd was a very playful spirit that lived in our attic. It would come out to the sunroom and even would play with my infant son when we had him. The third was of particular interest though. It was a very menacing and evil presence. Very particular too. It would regularly invade me and my gfs dreams and would make its presence felt to everyone that came in even people that didnt believe in the stuff would tell us they felt something.

I tripped one night on 2C-T-2 and this thing decided to get inside of me and tried to take control. I fought for hours with this thing as it forced its will on me and tried to take control. Me being in an altered state of mind gave it the opportunity to manifest itself inside me. After it finally realized I was unwilling to budge no matter how hard it pushed it gave me a rare insight. It showed me its life. In life it was a young woman. 25 years old when she died. She was abused as a child until her mid teens then when she got on her own she suffered years of hardships until she met a man. for two years she stayed with him. He abused her physically and sexually until eventually he killed her and buried her remains within the walls of the house. Images and thoughts of this person flashed into my mind and I began to understand what had twisted her into the abomination she had become. After all the discomfort and unease this soul had caused me and my family I did feel sorry for her. The hatred it lived with was brought on to her from others and her life ended in violence and tragedy. Every time she saw me and my gf lying in bed she would be watching envious and angry (and we could feel her eyes upon us all the time). Every time we enjoyed playing in the living room there would be a cloud of white smoke looking against the wall staring at us. Every time I went to fix a sandwich in the kitchen there was a black cloud in the corner of my eye looking at me in jealousy as I enjoyed the simple comforts of mortality. I felt this things pain and anger and after it showed me what it did it released itself and it became much more docile and comfortable around us. It wasnt as angry and didnt bother us.

The one in the attic loved playing with me while I was tripping too. They all could tell when I was in an altered state of mind. That one I would sit in the sunroom at night and turn off the lights and it would put on a lightshow for me. it was the coolest thing.

A lot of people dont even believe in ghosts but Ive tripped with them. It was a mix good and bad interesting and horrifying but it was definitely a unique ride that I dont really talk about too much. Most people would think im crazy enough tripping let alone tripping and seeing ghosts.

That's freaky and sad about the female ghost and how she was killed.

What sort of dreams did you and your GF have about her?

Would the ghosts try to invade your ego or fuck/play with you if you just smoked herb? Did the other ones tell you anything about themselves like the one did?

A friend of mine has seen ghosts and he's been in a church building that's no longer used, where demons are but he just said he could hear them giggling and this was at night. He's encountered that stuff while sober but he's not into tripping just mainly drinking and sometimes smoking herb. He used to live in a house where there was a ghost cat and it was in their guest bedroom and it would jump on the bed and crawl around the foot of the bed and people who stayed at that house would mention something about my friend having a pet cat and nobody in the house had a pet cat.

Another friend of mine experienced ghosts while sober he just drinks alcohol socially or doesn't drink at all now really, and smokes herb maybe a few times a year if someone has it, and he never has tripped on LSD or mushrooms or anything like that and he said how some would get angry or annoyed that he was there in their house and how they felt like a fog or mist.

Last edited:
All this talk about entities being "in your mind" are all theories. I took a States of Consciousness class at my college and it focused on these things such as demons, spirits, as well as your consciousness. Basically if you wanna think of it as everything being in your mind than you can, i forget what its called but the teacher was messing with our minds saying everything could just be what we make of it in our mind and that we were just some form of the cosmos.

Sorry but i think that is a bunch of hogwash. A bit to hippy imo. I could say that this forum board is of my mind and that everyone who posts here is a figment of my imagination.

Anywho i have some stuff to clear up! :)

:D:D:D God created everything right, including evil, also- presumadly, Satan, so if I worship Satan (which I don't), I'm just worshipping an aspect of God...:)
Actually that is strictly forbidden by God. In the Ten Commandments it states "You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. You shall not bow down to them or worship them..."

Worshipping satan as a means to worship God in a certain aspect is a very twisted idea of worshiping God. :\

Luckily, I don't believe in the christian excuse for a god

You have more faith than i do! :) To believe that everything in existence was created by chance takes extraordinary faith, i mean Look at how the world is, how everything just works perfectly, our bodies, our minds, our world, our universe. DNA is especially something that many scientist believe could not be "by chance." . Certainly we must have been designed by a god. Astrophysicist Robert Jastrow, a self-described agnostic, stated, "The seed of everything that has happened in the Universe was planted in that first instant; every star, every planet and every living creature in the Universe came into being as a result of events that were set in motion in the moment of the cosmic explosion...The Universe flashed into being, and we cannot find out what caused that to happen."

Everything had to begin somewhere, so how did it? I mean yea the "BIG Bang" theory seems right on, but how did it happen? I know gases and such but what created those?

I do believe that our minds house such things as angels/demons/gods- fortunately, Jesus is not here, nor especially welcome. He seems to guilt trip everyone....:\ That is, those who believe in him/it.

Guilt trip? Christians are not guilt tripped. God is a gracious god and when Jesus died at the cross he did it for our sin. Once you except christ as your savior (Oh btw this is all you have to do too get to heaven... dont have to be some religious freak) all your sins, past and future, are forgiven. Jesus was the sacrificial lamb of god, and if you know about old testament times sacrifices were required for forgiveness. Thus Jesus was the final sacrifice. He does NOT guilt trip, i dont know why people think this. There is still that stereotypical idea that christians are these up tight, always anal and freakishly religious people. I sin. But I should not feel guilty because that is the weight of our sin and I give it to Jesus.

So no he doesn't guilt trip if you know about him, He is a loving and graceful god. It is very easy to go to heaven. :)

Oh and I have a couple experiences that clearly prove to me that demons are real. When multiple people of different ages hear voices cussing out of a turned off stereo after playing some satanic music when I was alone (a while back in my life) and again multiple people hear walking on a house roof at 1 am at night I am pretty sure it is not just mind infested. I was the only one inviting a satanic vibe into my home and others in the house, including me, began to hear walking and running around the roof of the house. I know my house and no one would be on there or else my dogs would have been going nuts.

If you ever come in contact with demons and are scared, I recommend saying jesus, they fear that name. Even if your atheist, try it! :)

People who fear or even believe in satan are the sheep of pastors and priests raping their children and stealing their money. Satan, or the devil, are icons of indulgence and self fulfillment.

A bit hostile and stereotypical of a statement. Im pretty sure there are people who believe in satan and have never had any influences by a pastor or priest in their ideology.

Oh and you shouldn't fear satan if you do believe in him, he is pretty much pathetic and powerless.

You can't play "Russian roulette" with your soul. You either have a soul...or you don't. If you were born with one, you're like most people. If you weren't, you're a sociopath and will never have one.

By russian roulette he means take a chance. Seriously, everything works to perfect in this world to be by chance.

I also look down on people who presume their religious ideology is better than others. Do I tell you to stop believing in a non-existent god? Nope...never told you to do that. Form your own religious opinions, don't just copy & paste other's beliefs into your own head, that's so ridiculously pointless. Why did god even give you a mind if you weren't going to use it?

Why so bitter? Your comments above are hypocritical because you call it a "non-existent God" there for implying your beliefs upon a fellow Bl that there is no god, So YOUR Ideology is better than others i presume? Also, Magic didnt tell you to do or believe anything, he was stating his opinion on the topic in a religious sense. You seem to have taken it to heart sir.

Im also pretty sure that your beliefs stemmed from somewhere other than just your mind, if so i wanna hear this new religion that you have come up with! :)

If people are content indulging in the name of Satan, why bother telling them what they're doing is wrong when clearly it's working for them?

I agree, you shouldn't tell people whats right or wrong but rather inform them on your ideology.

These kinds of people who think they must brainwash the rest of the world as they were brainwashed out of fear and ignorance remind me of those ignorant fucks who stand on the side of the road telling me "abortion is murder". Don't forget to spit in the faces of these twats for me![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Again, why so bitter? You dont believe it is murder? Should i presume to spit in your face? I would not, that is your opinion and as long as it does not effect my life i am fine with it. I thought this was PD, where is the love and understanding. So much hate toward christianity, why?

I am also not brainwashed out of fear and ignorance, rather I am infatuated with Love and peace that comes from the word of God.

I am sorry If i have come off a bit rude, but when someone speaks negatively about someone you love with all your heart I think you would get a bit annoyed as well.

Love and Peace to you all!

<3

Last edited:
No offense, but your argument for the existence of god is completely faulty. It basically comes down to this:

'The universe is so complex and mysterious the only possible conclusion is that it must be magic!!'

You obviously can't prove either way whether a god exists but you can say that about a lot of things. It doesn't make it a good argument. It's actually pretty terrible.

I seriously doubt the universe revolves around us and was designed by god just for us. We are just a tiny insignificant speck in an inconceivably vast cosmos.

The "God scenario", particularly the christian one, doesn't even give any real answers if you think about it. It just opens up more questions just as bewildering.

Reality is not just random coincidences although it appears there is a level of randomness at the quantum level. It seems to follow fairly precise patterns but these patterns have no relevance to our subjective lives. IMO, the world and its events do not revolve around us.

The only argument or explanation of God that somewhat works for me is that God/Reailty/Nature are all synonyms for the same thing. But even this is very iffy because it is redefining and further diluting the meaning of "God" to the point where it is synonymous with existence.

Why not just call it existence then? Because the word "god" has a powerful effect on our subconscious. It elicits powerful emotions. Convincing ourselves to buy into it can be quite enticing with the way it makes us feel.

People try very hard to ignore how alien and bizarre the universe is to us and thus we develop these mental constructs to make sense of the world and comfort ourselves. Throughout human history we see countless different attempts to anthropomorphize our universe/world/surroundings in order to make it seem more hospitatable and relevant to our existence.

It is literally impossible for us to truly understand what is going on with our reality and the underlying mechanisms that produce/govern it because it is totally beyond our very limited perspective.

Hell we don't even have any really logical understanding of cause an effect. All we know is correlations of events and constant conjunctions based on empirical observations. (David Hume's idea, not mine)

We will never know the "ultimate cause" of everything. It bothers me somewhat when people claim to have it figured all out. Not too much, as I know that having faith can be a useful thing for many people and can improve their quality of life, but when they try to push it on other people I get really irritated (Not saying that is what is happening here at all just speaking in general). It is just their way of dealing with their own existential insecurity.

Last edited:
No offense, but your argument for the existence of god is completely faulty. It basically comes down to this:

'The universe is so complex and mysterious the only possible conclusion is that it must be magic!!'

You obviously can't prove either way whether a god exists but you can say that about a lot of things. It doesn't make it a good argument. It's actually pretty terrible.

I seriously doubt the universe revolves around us and was designed by god just for us. We are just a tiny insignificant speck in an inconceivably vast cosmos.

The "God scenario", particularly the christian one, doesn't even give any real answers if you think about it. It just opens up more questions just as bewildering.

Reality is not just random coincidences although it appears there is a level of randomness at the quantum level. It seems to follow fairly precise patterns but these patterns have no relevance to our subjective lives. IMO, the world and its events do not revolve around us.

The only argument or explanation of God that somewhat works for me is that God/Reailty/Nature are all synonyms for the same thing. But even this is very iffy because it is redefining and further diluting the meaning of "God" to the point where it is synonymous with existence.

Why not just call it existence then? Because the word "god" has a powerful effect on our subconscious. It elicits powerful emotions. Convincing ourselves to buy into it can be quite enticing with the way it makes us feel.

People try very hard to ignore how alien and bizarre the universe is to us and thus we develop these mental constructs to make sense of the world and comfort ourselves. Throughout human history we see countless different attempts to anthropomorphize our universe/world/surroundings in order to make it seem more hospitatable and relevant to our existence.

It is literally impossible for us to truly understand what is going on with our reality and the underlying mechanisms that produce/govern it because it is totally beyond our very limited perspective.

Hell we don't even have any really logical understanding of cause an effect. All we know is correlations of events and constant conjunctions based on empirical observations. (David Hume's idea, not mine)

We will never know the "ultimate cause" of everything. It bothers me somewhat when people claim to have it figured all out. Not too much as I know that having faith can be a useful thing for many people and can improve their quality of life but when they try to push it on other people I get really irritated (Not saying that is what is happening here at all just speaking in general). It is just their way of dealing with their own existential insecurity.

I agree with your statement, and your right, no one will ever be able to prove that there is a God. That is why Faith is a very big part of christianity and comes up many times in the bible. My response was not to force a belief of god here on BL but rather clear up some stuff... although i did want to put out there once again that we do not know for sure, why take a chance? It is either you will just black out and thats it or be judged in the end, that is the case for all religions.

Why take a chance? That sounds kinda cowardly to me no offense.

Part of the reason why I think Christianity is the WORST religion is because it works primarily through FEAR to get people to follow it. Fear of death and damnation. Not all religions are like this and christianity is the worst in this department. The Christian god sounds like a real dick to me most of the time although Jesus seems a little more chill ;)

Think for yourself. Don't let archaic and unfounded beliefs shape your life. I'm not gonna live my life on the off chance that some allegorical story written by other humans has complete literal truth. These stories were written and revised over hundreds of years by many different people with different agendas causing a lot of distortion and manipulation of anything in the text that is based on factual events.

Just my view of it not trying to change anyone's mind. I just think it is good to be aware of the limits of our knowledge.

Last edited: