• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Defeating the new OC time release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its here officially if you have a scripy you better RUN to the pharmacy cause once the old ones are gone you may be fucked. I wonder when the ER admissions are going to start inevitably some are not gonna get the message and they are simply gonna add heat and water till you can pull something into the rig. I predict a rise in heroin use especially black tar as I am sure the Mexicans know this was coming so they will accelerate there move into the southeast. I pedict everywhere west of Alabama and Chicago will be flooded with cheap tar in the next 6 months

In other news heroin use in the united states is on the rise.... tylenol poisonings are up ...

Purdue pharma cashing in yet again on the drug they released on the public, then fought to retain patent, then made it abuse-proof to keep the patent longer when it looked like the could get fucked.

Still I take a smug satisfaction thinking that they won't be making as much money because alot of people won't want thier shit.

In other news heroin use in the united states is on the rise.... tylenol poisonings are up ...

Purdue pharma cashing in yet again on the drug they released on the public, then fought to retain patent, then made it abuse-proof to keep the patent longer when it looked like the could get fucked.

Still I take a smug satisfaction thinking that they won't be making as much money because alot of people won't want thier shit.

People who want to get high will get high weather the state wants it or not, because there's too many people who like it and who pay a lot of money for it.

True bro, but when all of the oxys turn into this hard to beat ER shit, people who are addicted to that high dose of IR opiates won't want an ER tab... I'd bet at least a portion turns somewhere else if they can't beat the time release. Of course some people will find out how to beat these but i bet the majority won't .

Will more fake OCs be produced as a result of this? I don't recall exactly what month it was, but there was a recent DEA microgram reporting fake oxy 80's that actually contained tramadol.

edit: Just looked at the May 09 microgram and there were 3 different mimic oxy 80's present. The first contained pholcodine(????) and acetaminophen, the second was ketamine and caffeine, and the third batch consisted of dextro/levomethorphan and diazepam.

For the most part they were all shitty presses and fairly easy to distinguish from legit 80's (particularly the ketamine press which was white..). Here's the link: http://www.justice.gov/dea/programs/forensicsci/microgram/mg0509/mg0509.html

Last edited:
I think it will be a lot harder to determine if the oc's you're getting are fake or not. Before you could just scrape off the coating to make sure its real and now they are going to be almost plastic like.. Only way to tell would be to bite into it and taste it i guess?

Does anyone know whether they'll be manufacturing these with the new ER formulation in any particular dose order (i.e. starting with 80mg strength first, then eventually moving to 20mg strength)? I ask this because I know the 80mg pills are used far more frequently for IV use than the 20mg in the US.

Many people don't even realize you can IV the generic 20's anyway (absolutely NO problems with IV'ing the 20mg generics, BTW)

I for one will be devastated if OC 20's (generics too) are reformulated to the point of non-bangable (I know, not really a word). I'll be hittin up the local heroin helper myself if that's the case...

MsKitten

About a month ago i scored 5 20's from a buddy and they were already this new formula so either they are doing them all at once or starting from small to big.

wtf

seems they just hit new jersey this week , the 80's anyway im prescribed 90 20's a month and i hope this month i don''t get these things. i know nothing about this new formula, but u can even chew them or crush them with any kind of ir release? so no matter how u take them the er will stay intact ? if i tripled my dose and took 3 whole at the same time wtf i'd be screwed for the rest of the day. can someone just explain this to me in simple words besides saying your screwed? ALL U SMART PEOPLE GET TO WORK AND DEFEAT THIS. things are made to be defeated there is no perfect pill. like i said i haven't filled a script of these so hopefully they don't hit N.J anytime soon, otherwise i might have to tell doc to bump it up to 40's and hopefully if i have no choice atleast ill be saving money . how much does it cost for 90 of these new oc's 20mg ? thanks for any feedback

I just got 30 10's and it was $77 insurance wouldn't cover it, hope that helps

For the record, i snorted the 20's that i got and it still worked. They were a PITA to break down but they still got the job done.

this is probaly already know but here it goes anyway

The FDA Panel Recommends that a new formulation of OxyContin be brought to market. The new formula of OxyContin will include Remoxy which will make the OxyContin tablet sticky and difficult to crush in order to be snorted or injected.

is the REMOXY the chem needed to be defeated or for anyone whose gotten these new oc's found out how to beat the er please anyone let me know !!!!

Google polyampholytes. Since this is not part of the time release system, it has also found its way into IR and XL Adderall, and is going to be found in many US pills. Not on the list of inactive ingredients either. And legal not to list it. It binds to the drug molecule in a complex manner that makes it a real favorite of the government. If your self destructive enough to actually get this stuff into your bloodstream via i.v., it will clump and can can lodge in lungs, eyes, really any place you'd rather see blood flowing. And this is, um, in the name of safety? For who?

Yeah, enjoy your "OC" brands while you can. I had a last "hoorah" a few days ago and made my peace with it.

NEXT UP TO BE NERFED.... Opana!

Just when you thought the opiate gods had handed you lightning in a bottle (pill)...... young icarus! You fly too close to the sun!

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gVWuq0CnMvVYgkQ-ZM85eV2409VgD9HM1BHG0

This is a good link to read, especially since it is financial news, you can now see the "motivating" factors for nerf-ing these ER formulas. Basically, the company will NOT invest the money to Nerf a drug that has already hit the market as a generic, but to keep a drug from being released as a generic, they will "upgrade" it every 17 years or so to keep the patent fresh, simultaneously pulling the older formula.

To keep this model ULTIMATELY PROFITABLE... eventually the drug company will "release" to the underground the process to defeat the new formula, giving them reason and just cause to "reformulate" (nerf) it again, and drag their IP Rights out as long as possible.

i still have a bunch...but most people if they havnt already r switching to Heroin ...so either way it doesnt really matter to me

I guess this is what makes the new pills unusable.

Inactive ingredients in all strengths: butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT), hypromellose,polyethylene glycol 400, polyethylene oxide, magnesium stearate, titanium dioxide

2Anglels comment on switching to heroin is probably how many will follow suite and is an example of another serious ethical problem law enforcement creates. When P-2-P became sch.II street meth became around twice as strong. Instead of the d/l mix it produced, pseudoephedrine now used produces only the dextro isomer. Instead of reducing methamphetamine on the street, it instead became about twice as powerful. If people don't have access to safe, clean, legal opiods they will turn to street drugs provided on the black market. To allow organized crime to control such a large part of the market does not seem like it should be easy to justify by LE. It is without question morally without merit. While I'm sure these and other examples were not their intent, they are nonetheless, the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.