• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Defeating the new OC time release

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see this as a good thing. Who the hell wants to pay a dollamilli for a 2 hour high? Brand Oxycontin is extremely overpriced. The potential results of the new ones are...

A) Maybe the new ones will be much cheaper 'on street' since not abuse-friendly.
B) Maybe rarer and stronger opiates like opana/dilaudid will experience greater demand.
C) Maybe generic OC will take the stand in Purdue's place, these would be cheaper.
D) Maybe oxy IR will experience greater demand, these are designed to hit fast.

In any of these cases I'm a happy camper. The potential positive results are plenty. Hooraaay!! I know I will be bashed for this attitude ;-)

man, fuck this garbage. although it is good to help me wth my addiction =D

I'm not familiar with such drug usage, why not simply take the pill, orally? Time release means it will last longer, which is not bad.

I'm not familiar with such drug usage, why not simply take the pill, orally? Time release means it will last longer, which is not bad.

If your not familiar, why even post in this thread?:!

OP, have you tried the microwave crisping trick?

Time release also means you don't get nearly as high.

I mean, does it really need to be said that people use other RoAs for the sake of getting higher and that this will not be changed with sturdier pills? 8)

Time release also means you don't get nearly as high.

I mean, does it really need to be said that people use other RoAs for the sake of getting higher and that this will not be changed with sturdier pills? 8)

Shouldn't taking several pills at once keep you high the whole day? Increasing the number of pills should bring back the high because the release from several pills stack, they are made of the same compounds, they will release together. Doing so may be dangerous if you aren't sure that all the pills are indeed time release ones.

Many OC users like to snort their dose. I really hope this is circumvented somehow, because while OC is great orally, it is IMO just not quite as good as snorting. Snorting OC is, in my opinion, better than pretty much any other drug by any ROA. I will not be too pleased if this ROA is taken away from me.

You may ask why I am so focused on the snorting aspect, and it is because I think a huge percentage of people who use OC off-label snort it. When used IV, oxycodone is generally accepted to be not overwhelmingly great. Oral dosage absorbs more, but it is much slower to the max plasma concentration and that created a drastic shift in effects. I feel you have to take a good bit more OC orally to get the effects of the same dose snorted, only the effects would last a good bit longer.

I think if I got one of these now, I'd crush it as well as I possibly could and swallow little bits of the powder at a time, so that it is not gelling together in a lump when it hits the liquid in your mouth/ throat/ stomach. Until an effective way of making these snortable is found, I'd say that really well crushed "New OC" taken orally is probably going to give the best effects. To get the best effects, I'd take on a nearly empty or empty stomach, and probably try to boost absorption through changing the environment of the stomach to absorb the drug better. Again, it is my belief that while OC has higher bioavailability through the oral route (compared to nasal), the effects that you get from nasal administration kick in so quickly that to replicate that experience with oral administration, you would have to take a somewhat larger dose to get to the higher max plasma concentrations that are seen with nasal administration. The speed with which the high plasma concentration is reached is another source of pleasure that will feel different in the slower case (oral), regardless if you do the oral dose increase to get similar maximum plasma concentrations. You still will absorb the dose somewhat quickly through the stomach given that your stomach is healthy and not full of food (or anything for that matter), and, if possible, you have increased the environment of your stomach for its ability to absorb the drug readily; White grapefruit and cimetidine are two classic examples of substances altering the absorption of a drug by altering the physical state of the stomach. Fatty meals don't inhibit enzymes like white grapefruit, etc, but they do change the physical environment of the stomach to absorb some drugs (including oxycodone) better. The note I have about this fatty meal tip: eating a fatty meal changes the environment of your stomach in several ways: it alters the pH, etc, on one hand... on the other hand, it takes up space in your stomach. This slows absorption physically by getting in the way of your stomach processing the food/ drug mixture, as makes sense if you think about it. If your stomach has only a very small amount of fatty food and a pill in it, it can absorb that pretty quickly. Not so with the entire fatty meal and pill.

Long post, I know. It was train of thought writing, or whatever the heck you call it. I hope a way to get a snortable or otherwise nasally administrable formula is achieved soon. Until that point, this seems like the best solution, IMO. Other contenders?

Oral idea: Pulverize new OCs to finest powder, place in empty gel caps (from supplement store) so it all digests at once.

Nasal idea: pre-dissolve new OCs overnight in ingest-able solution that facilitates release of oxy; use filtered solution for nasal spray or plug. If they gel when wet like Time-RX this would be obstacle.

Financial idea: demand a lower price in order to increase the dose but not the price, thereby seeking a somewhat equal but longer effect for the same price.

im pretty sure u can just use one of those ped eggs and youll be able to shave it. better than a hose clamp.

im pretty sure u can just use one of those ped eggs and youll be able to shave it. better than a hose clamp.

i have a microplane shaver which is just like a ped egg but imo much better.. that is what i used when i said that i shaved it down.. im trying to locate a camera with decent video so i can post side-by-side comparisons.. if i dont locate one soon then i will just take pictures..

did the micro blade work im sure it did.

this is just smoke and mirrors looks alot like the shit generics do.

i bet if u microwave them that will also loosen them up since ur evaping any moisture

thats what people do with the generics and it makes them more powder not fluffy crap.

what is a microplane shaver ??? lol... sounds like a hoseclamp to me.. either way these are no good! i love my eighdeeezzzz

Man I wish I could buy stock in a mexican cartel. This is the perfect storm black tar is moving into rural america as OC exits stage left. People thought meth was an epidemic shit they aint seen shit yet.

wild. how will idiots ever get along without doing their chosen route of idiocy.

The time release mechanism will be defeated. Our bodies can defeat it, so we can do it aswell. We just have to simulate the things that happen in our body.

I think that the oxycodone could be extracted with some solvent. I don't know yet if it has to be polar or non-polar, and if the solution has to be acidic... but it's very likely, as our stomach has very acidic water in it (hydrochloric acid). Maybe in acidic water. Or maybe in alkaline water? Because after the stomach, the PH is much higher, as the acid is neutralized by a base.

We will win! Maybe we will have to extract 10 80's at once, because it takes 1-3 days to perform the whole extraction, but I really think that it will be possible with some chemz to extract all the goodies in it. And if it is true that the new OC's have more oxycodone in it to compensate the worse bioavailability because of the worse time release mechanism, we will end up with even more oxycodone. But that's all just hypothetic thoughts...

A mixer + hot water would work well imo. The whole strength of the pill resides in resistance to chemical extractions...the polymer will not resist mechanical force. Shake the crap out of it in a mixer and see what happens, the gel should become one with the water in the first phase and mixing it further (mix maximum speed for 15 minutes) would practically destroy the polymer. You could then cool down to freezing point and filter off the oxy just like you do in normal CWE. Evaporate the water.

I'm still puzzled to why you're so desperate to snort that, doesn't it like...cause nose bleeding after a while?

maybe use a mini centrifuge?

Yes, to separate the heavier fractions, that's a great idea but I doubt people can afford it. Those counter measures are not made against scientists who have access to top of the line instruments of course, they would break the countermeasure in a matter of minutes. They are made for people who have access to nothing to prevent them from chewing, breaking etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.