• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Defeating the new OC time release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its for all. The first time I saw them was with a 30. Slowly they're showing up on all the Meg's as old stocks are used up. Pharmacies are even filling partial old and partial new scripts whichever sucks.

[snipped out unwarranted quote that was UA'd - leftwing]

So theoretically if oxycodone hcl is soluble in isopropyl alcohol like this should be fairly straightforward.

I imagine the gelling agent can't be any worse than the one in concerta. Consider iso can extract that (and opana from what I hear) I bet it can also work with this.

Can someone apply this method in the link below to an OP? Maybe letting evap. overnight instead of using heat due to opiod heat destruction. Make sure to use 91% iso or higher.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?p=8121550

It's worth a shot . If I had any OP's I would have already tried it. Other alcohols are worth a shot if iso doesn't cut it. I know virgin ethanol is easier to get a hold of then virgin iso...

I haven't seen the PDF but from what I hear simple solvents (like iso) extract up to 70%. This may be a viable method.

-lenses

Last edited by a moderator:
^Whatever, i'm not going to argue with greenlighters with 3 posts.

So theoretically if oxycodone hcl is soluble in isopropyl alcohol like this should be fairly straightforward.

I imagine the gelling agent can't be any worse than the one in concerta. Consider iso can extract that (and opana from what I hear) I bet it can also work with this.

Can someone apply this method in the link below to an OP? Maybe letting evap. overnight instead of using heat due to opiod heat destruction. Make sure to use 91% iso or higher.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?p=8121550

It's worth a shot . If I had any OP's I would have already tried it. Other alcohols are worth a shot if iso doesn't cut it. I know virgin ethanol is easier to get a hold of then virgin iso...

I haven't seen the PDF but from what I hear simple solvents (like iso) extract up to 70%. This may be a viable method.

-lenses

Of course there is a direct coorelation between my number of posts and my ability to differentiate between useful and useless information. I mean thats just a given right?

I personally have tried the following solvents, MEK,Acetone,IPA,PH'd(3-4) water, and ethanol. I have found little to no progress from any of them leading me to believe that it requires more then just the solvent itself but maybe heat that allows the polymers to breakdown easier.

I will admit that my extractions were rushed and in the PDF it explains that better yeilds came with longer extractions with the exception of the slide that pertains to heating and extracting. But I dont believe this to be as easy as add solvent / evap.

I apologize if I came off as rude I dont mean to derail this thread or fill it with clutter, but being so quick to judge someone based off their post count truley signifies an outlook of arrogance.

I have a question that I didn't see answered in this thread. I looked through most of it but I may have missed some of it.

My question is: Is the new formula for OC restricted only to 80mg? I ask because I recently recieved 40mg OC and it is the same as what I have recieved before. It says OC on one side and 40 on the other.

Is the new formula only for 80mg, or is it for all Oxycontin? Anyone know?

I've personally seen it for the 20mg,40mg,60mg and 80mg.

LaMessia, check out the op experiment thread. I posted some additional solvents that theoretically should work. Also, if u look at the FDA PowerPoint they had LESS success with heated extractions.

LaMessia, check out the op experiment thread. I posted some additional solvents that theoretically should work. Also, if u look at the FDA PowerPoint they had LESS success with heated extractions.

Im speaking specifically about slide #56, it states "Milled new formulation and manually crushed original formulation added to solvent and boiled for a preset time. New formulation tablest released 21-48% less then the originals"

From this we can assume that 100% would be released from the originals so this boiling method could possibly yield us a product of 52-79% So I wouldnt be so quick to exclude a heated extraction. From there it goes on to explain the yields from room temperature extractions. It seems to me as if though a simpler solvent can be used provided its boiled compared to some more complex solvents used at room temperature.

It lists the same exact solvents getting higher yields at room temperature. Slide 49 says it even
better, stating specifically that both simple and moderate solvents are room temperature.

Last edited:
Also LaMessia, can u post ur results using the various solvents you've listed at the experiment thread. This way at least we can eliminate what we know doesn't work?

Of course there is a direct coorelation between my number of posts and my ability to differentiate between useful and useless information. I mean thats just a given right?

I personally have tried the following solvents, MEK,Acetone,IPA,PH'd(3-4) water, and ethanol. I have found little to no progress from any of them leading me to believe that it requires more then just the solvent itself but maybe heat that allows the polymers to breakdown easier.

I will admit that my extractions were rushed and in the PDF it explains that better yeilds came with longer extractions with the exception of the slide that pertains to heating and extracting. But I dont believe this to be as easy as add solvent / evap.

I apologize if I came off as rude I dont mean to derail this thread or fill it with clutter, but being so quick to judge someone based off their post count truley signifies an outlook of arrogance.

Le_Messia : I didn't mean to insult you or be a dick, but there are a lot of greenlighters who only post to troll and I automatically respond strongly. It's pointless and distracts from the thread. *shakes Le_Messia's hand*

Actually your info is the most helpful to me so far. So with the solvents you have tried what was the end result? Did any of them not gel up?

Something to break down the polymer such as an enzyme may be needed in conjunction with a solvent extraction afterwards. From what has been said about sucking on the OP , it seems that the saliva somehow breaks down the polymer ... Amylase is the main enzyme that breaks down sugars in saliva and I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work. Amylase is also produced in the pancreas and is in the stomach.

I'll see how easy it is to get a hold of amylase enzyme or something similar in function.

From a biological viewpoint , when the OP is taken as directed (orally) the stomach must have something crucial that breaks the polymer down. Either it's simply the HCL in the stomach which breaks it down, but I don't think it is as easy as an acid/base extraction. Does anyone have any info regarding acid/base from the PDF?

We're making progress...

-lenses

Le_Messia : I didn't mean to insult you or be a dick, but there are a lot of greenlighters who only post to troll and I automatically respond strongly. It's pointless and distracts from the thread. *shakes Le_Messia's hand*

Actually your info is the most helpful to me so far. So with the solvents you have tried what was the end result? Did any of them not gel up?

Something to break down the polymer such as an enzyme may be needed in conjunction with a solvent extraction afterwards. From what has been said about sucking on the OP , it seems that the saliva somehow breaks down the polymer ... Amylase is the main enzyme that breaks down sugars in saliva and I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work. Amylase is also produced in the pancreas and is in the stomach.

I'll see how easy it is to get a hold of amylase enzyme or something similar in function.

From a biological viewpoint , when the OP is taken as directed (orally) the stomach must have something crucial that breaks the polymer down. Either it's simply the HCL in the stomach which breaks it down, but I don't think it is as easy as an acid/base extraction. Does anyone have any info regarding acid/base from the PDF?

We're making progress...

-lenses
Truce Lenses *shakes hand and smiles*

I dont have my notes with me as im at work at the moment, but from what I can recall the only solvent that I tried that seemed to make a SLIGHT difference was the acetone, after an evap (100% evap rate with acetone btw no need for ingestion, I truley hope no one tries to drink an acetone/oxy solution) was a slight change in the characteristics of the pill, most importantly the ability to crush somewhat easier without the pill reclumping on a razor blade.
It seemed to gel a little less when snorted as well as break up a little easier, but nowhere close to the original formulation.
The PH'd water caused a gelatinous mass to form and this has got me wondering if the 'solvent' purdue was speaking of when they mentioned the heating extraction is water. When I get home from work Im going to test soaking the milled pill in water then boiling the gel, from there I will try some solvents at that point to see if maybe the heat degrades the viscous gel at all.

I would love to get my hands on some of those enzymes and give them a try as well, any idea as to the availability of them?

Also when you lurkers/posters try your own extractions at home, remember that getting the pill as fine as possible is the key to a successful extraction. So everyone lets put our heads together and get this going.

Last edited:
Oxycodone Hydrochloride: White to off-white, hygroscopic crystals or powder. Is odorless. Soluble in water; slightly soluble in alcohol

this is from pharmacopeia.cn

Ok so oxycodone hcl is freely soluble in water, methanol and acetic acid. It is sparingly soluble in ethanol, slightly soluble in acetic anhydride and practically insoluble in diethyl ether.

Also hydroxypropyl cellulose, while soluble in cold water, alcohol and chlorofoam is insoluble in hot water. Does anyone know how solubility curve for this? Also from what I understand oxycodone hcl is just as soluble in warm as cold water, but at what point does the heat become a problem? Maybe some sort of hot water extraction? Or something involving methanol or acetic acid as well? Just throwing out ideas, I don't understand half of this shit.

Last edited:
I thought hydroxypropyl cellulose was the binder in the old formulation? Is this actually the gelling agent in the new formulation?

Omg! These thingas SUCK! My pharm just started using them this month. What r we gonna do? U can't crush them whatsoever! I think I may even be having some wd symptoms. I usually snort several a day to get an immediate rush. Now I have NO IDEA HOW TO GET THAT! Any ideas???

I thought hydroxypropyl cellulose was the binder in the old formulation? Is this actually the gelling agent in the new formulation?

This further backs up the idea of boiling with the universal solvent (water). Does anyone have the numbers at which oxycodone decomposes?

Also a solubility curve would make my night.

Help a brother out.

Hmm I thought hydroxypropyl was the shitty stuff but now I am not sure. Looking at it's properties I assumed that's what it was but maybe that was an ingredient that was in oc 80's too. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

I think the gelling agent is Hypromellose, or hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (same thing, different name)

Well Hypromellose also isn't soluble in hot water so maybe there could still be something with the hot water. The question is how hot does it have to be and is that temperature going to break down the oxycodone.

Status
Not open for further replies.