• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

December Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread, v More Holidaze Ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice work! If you don't mind my asking, what changes have you made that make you feel particularly good about what you're doing for yourself?

Nice work! If you don't mind my asking, what changes have you made that make you feel particularly good about what you're doing for yourself?

Of course. I mainly Realised some things that I wanted to do for a long time. I wanted to be more present and grateful for things and now I write a gratitude list every evening. The first steps of na also helped me to be more present and perceive reality in such a way that I'm sometimes fascinated by it. I also wanted to be creative again after years and I was really able to create something, even though at the moment I'm injured. Generally I can follow through plans way better.
I also have chronic knee pain and I was finally able to set up a
More or less regular exercise routine. I'm far from perfect, but exercising more often and meditating from time to time really makes me feel like I do something for myself and my health.
I also wanted to live a more minimalist lifestyle for years and now I finally got to it throwing some furniture out and selling unused electronics. My nutrition is still a disaster and my main goal for next year is to really pursue exercising for pain relief, but I made some small changes that added up to feeling different about my life.

how is your kratom wd going?

It's going. Having kicks far far more intense opioid habits, this is surprisingly manageable. Not easy in itself, but compare to coming off 2.5 years of methadone it is a walk in the park.

I don't know about kratom, but coming off years and years of Methadone (7.5 years) was the withdrawal I will never forget which is good - it keeps my memory in shape.

Today: Day 1 Kratom detox.

FINALLY! I have been looking forward to this for some time.

Gonna start my own recovery journal sometime later today I think. Want to document the process.

Now if only some fuck hadn't stollen my sleeping pills the other day... I'm not even sure I want to deal with getting it refilled early. I'm just going to try to go without I think, as I still have some trazadone after all.
What medication got stolen? Trazodone is a pretty effective sleep aid. In fact, I found it to be TOO effective. Also curious how bad kratom withdrawal is; I was thinking about trying it but don't want to get addicted. I've had it with withdrawals of any kind.

A few friends from my AA homegroup go to trivia nite regularly at a local bar (oh the irony) and one of them congratulated me on kicking nicotine and said it's the most difficult thing they've tried to do. I actually had no problems with it, but they managed to kick alcohol, something I've been unable to do despite my best efforts.

Fuck trazadone lol. I woke up feeling like I got hit by an overloaded semi. I actually prefer my insomnia

Fuck trazadone lol. I woke up feeling like I got hit by an overloaded semi. I actually prefer my insomnia
At least you managed to actually wake up. I always thought the warning label for trazodone should read "don't make any fucking plans."

Yeah a buddy of mine gave me 2 of his, he was a trooper, guy took em every night and was fine in the morning, and he was like half my size

I was prescribed seroquel for a little while, it didn't help me.

I'm not really a fan of going to the doctor. I've functioned on very little sleep for a long time

You guys can do it! I am clean and sober nearly seven years. This is part of the reason I rarely use forums nowadays. Was more fun when drunk or high. Never smoked tho. Was liquor, coke, speed, GHB, acid.

You have to play a mental game(Or have a heart attack like I did back in 2011) with yourself. Don't actually "quit" or declare that you are quitting. Simply wake up each day and choose not to use that day. Get to bedtime, sleep and do it again the next day. Is it easy? Fuck no. It is doable tho. Good luck everyone!

I hear this works if you want to quit smoking also, but isn't easy I guess. Each day simply choose not to smoke that day, and so on.

Congratz man! Keep going!

Thanks! I'm not really missing it much to be honest and my creativity is coming back.

I'm glad your doctor (or maybe you found a new doctor) didn't cut you off benzos completely.

No, it's the same doctor. I'm glad she got me to where I am right now, although I don't quite agree with how she went about it in the beginning, (being tapered too quickly). I think I'm willing to forget about that now tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.