• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

death by mushrooms

The OP hasnt' given enough information... All we know is that the friend wanted to die and did die while tripping. I don't think you can blame psychedelic mushrooms.. The OP hasn't provided coroner's report, unkown kind of mushroom, 3rd hand informatoion from the grieving mother who is reluctant to tell the OP anything...etc. For all we know, the kid could have found his mother's gun and blown his brains out during the trip... or passed out and choked on his own vomit. AFIK, nobody has ever died from psylocibin mushroom overdose, so if this is the actual cause, i think it would have made headlines and somebody would have posted the newspaper article by now.

mrsumone said:
Your seriously starting to piss me off.

Ok, the reason i know who sold him the shit is he called me and asked me who i bought mine from, so i gave him the guys number. That is the only person he could have got them from, plus the dealer told me how much he bought because after i found out that he died i called him up and asked how many he bought.

I would have known if he took anti-deppresants, ive known him since i was wee-tall. Im very close with his family. Trust me, i would have known if he was taking them. The only thing he took was Adderall for ADD.

And ya i am 14, so what? Just cuz im 14 does that mean i dont know shit about anything? No, and if you are gonna try n sit here and tell ME shit about MY friend, FUCK OFF.

Im guessing you really dont know how hard it is? Plus the fact that i supplied him with the dealer, im partly responsible.

Maybe what really happened was that he took a deliberate overdose of Adderal. That HAS killed people before. But I don't believe anyone has ever died from 22 grams of shrooms. Not only is there not ONE case of it happening, but you keep changing your story too. So sorry, but I think you're full of shit.

Sorry for your loss mrsumone but why would you even be in the company of a 13 year old buying a hardcore psychedelic? How old are you? Wouldn't it have been in your best interests to stop this 13 year old from buying something which could potentially seriously harm him? Yet... you come on here warning people of the dangers at hand....wtf?

The dealer who gave it to him should be in jail for manslaughter in my opinion if the shrooms were what killed him.

13 years old... c'mon.. what ever happened to pokemon cards?

EDIT: I just read that you're 14 and you gave the guy your dealer's number. You're probably not responsible since you're so young but your still an idiot. And yeah, give the police the name of that dealer so he can go to jail.

^^ I'm not sure I agree with that. These kids bought their mushrooms of their own free will. The dealer didn't force 22 grams of mushrooms down his throat and then kill him.

And the mushrooms were not what killed him. Sorry, but I don't think that an entire human history of no recorded deaths from mushroom overdose was broken by 22 grams. People have taken more than 22 grams for sure. The kid wanted to die, tried to take too many mushrooms, and aside from that, we just don't know. The grieving mother obviously wanted to blame something (and who can blame her). What's the most obvious and least pain-filled and thing to blame, which also diverts guilt from yourself? The drugs!

"My son couldn't have killed himself! The evil mushrooms did it! That's my story and I'm sticking to it! It's not because of problems at home or a difficult growing up period or anything! Nope."

"Hey, I'm a scared and hurt 13 year old kid who feels guilty and confused (and who can blame him? I sure would in that situation). I also want something to blame and I'm positive it's the mushrooms! This was a good friend and I can't comprehend that he'd have chosen to kill himself"

My opinion? The kid was tripping really, really hard, and already wanted to die which is why he took so many in the first place, which increased his ability to follow through with some sort of suicide: whether it was poison, self-inflicted wounds, or what, I have no clue.

Man, and even if it WAS an overdose of mushrooms that killed him, still, it's pretty ignorant to start blaming them for his death. As he stated, the kid WANTED TO KILL HIMSELF. He was able to do so in many, many ways. By that logic, almost everything should be banned and outlawed. What have people killed themselves with? Household cleaning chemicals, guns, aspirin, tylenol, cars, knives, bridges, buildings...

Let's get rid of them all!! They're all EVIL and TERRIBLE!!!

8(

NOTE: My serious condeolensces to the OP and his friends and family. I can't imagine what that must be like, and regardless of whether or not mushrooms were to blame, that's a truly terrible thing to have happen. :(

^^ You can't. Well, you probably could, but the amount required would be staggering. The OP and his friend's mom are misinformed. 22 grams of mushrooms is not nearly enough to physically overdose.

^^ I didn't say it's impossible to physically OD on mushrooms. I just don't think it's possible with the dose this guy took. Obviously it would take far less than your body weight in mushrooms to die. Obviously. But listen, anyone taking an overdose of mushrooms is a fucking moron, or wants to die, and the drug cannot be blamed for that. As far as drugs go, mushrooms are an incredibly safe one (physically, not necessarily mentally or emotionally), and they've been used safely by millions and millions of people.

Are you forgetting that the original poster here WANTED TO DIE? I don't believe he physically ODed on 22 grams of mushrooms, but even if he did, the fact is he took them to try to kill himself. What, are we going to outlaw knives now, because some kid stabs himself in the eye with one to commit suicide? A knife can be a useful tool in the correct hands, but a deadly weapon in the hands of a killer or suicide victim. The same thing goes for psychedelic drugs.

I respect your opinion here but jesus christ, let's get real. The mushrooms didn't jump into the kid's throat and force him to chew and swallow. This kid was committing suicide! He didn't eat mushrooms trying to have a nice trip and accidentally die. He ate a huge, unreasonable dose with the intention of it killing him. By your logic, every chemical it's possible to kill yourself with should be made illegal. Kids kill themselves with tylenol, aspirin, drain cleaner, etc, more often than with mushrooms. Nevermind that they have a legitimate use, let's just make them all illegal. Quick, protect everyone from themselves! Let nothing dangerous remain uncontrolled! Thought police! Thought police!

And before you respond angrily that I'm a deluded hippie, just think about what I'm saying for a second. Think hard. If you still think I'm totally deluded and that my reasoning is bogus, then make your argument. And don't make your argument that the guy really did OD on mushrooms, because we can't know that one way or the other, and anyway, that's really not the point anymore. Taking mushrooms in reasonable doses does not produce this effect, nor has it ever been recorded to.

EDIT: Evidently this post was convincing.

Last edited:
bluedolphin said:
Well that is an extreme dose... his ego would have been ripped to shreds at 1/5th that dose. Perhaps at the dose he took he was given a choice between true life and true death.

If he ate them as an attempt to commit suicide... perhaps such a high dose of mushrooms actually *allowed* him to do so.

I like this explanation. I believe this could have happened as well.