• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

death by mushrooms

OK, we went from no other medications to the child having been prescribed adderall. Personally, i believe the adderall may very well be more of a culprit here than the mushrooms. While reports of death due to mushrooms are a rare if not impssible find, there are many cases of strong stimulents contributing to one's death. Maybe the kids mother didn't find it odd that amphetamines were found in his system, due to his prescription. She might not have felt the need to share such information. While there are a million possibilites here, I don't think mushrooms were the sole cause of death. A contributing factor? possibly The details just aren't there to say one way or another, but I think the Adderall is a more likely culprit than the mushrooms.

VictorBorge said:
^^ When I tried to commit suicide recently, I seriously considered trying to kill myself with an overdose of psychedelics. I decided it would be too painful and uncertain and "wide awake", and decided on benzos and booze instead. I took every benzo I had in the house, and started drinking, but I passed out before I could drink enough alcohol to kill me, so obviously, I did not succeed -- whereas I think if I had ingested all the grams of RC's I had lying around at the time, I'd certainly have been dead. (I know the thread is about mushrooms, not RC's. Sorry. But death by psychedelics is still very intriguing to me.)

Aldous Huxley got his wife to inject him with 100ug of LSD on his deathbed, apparently he died a quite peaceful death which was rare for the type of cancer he had.

Although, I sincerely hope you're ok now and not still suicidal. Suicide is never the answer, with or without psychedelics. :)

dear sweet god, please let this be a naughty little troll.

i really dont want to hear about another death.

*SigH*

-j.

A boy in my town died shrooming, he ran into the freeway nude, seriously, killed a driver as well, and was decapitated.

This is a profound thread. I cant beileve I didnt spot this earlier. Like the other guy said 1/5th this amount would be more than enough. Technically even that would be an overdose in terms of subjective effects. I am not at all suprised that this little man who obviously wanted to die could achieve this with 22g of shrooms. What is curious is that he could actually want to do this especially at this young age. Did he have a disturbed childhood? You say he was the youngest child in his family. Was he abused by his elders?

Not to mention the cost of purchasing that many shrooms from the black market.

I'd suffer to say that he got 30 grams fresh which is ~ 3 grams dry.

eh i think he knows what hes talking about when he said 30 dry
it's not unheard of

i would believe that a mushroom related death of a 13 year old would raise some legal red flags and would not go unnoticed in this day and age

i cannot believe that a usually non-lethal OD be accepted as a legal cause of death

i just feel that more information does exist...though i do respect that there is a right to privacy on the family's part

no one has thought of the possibility that the dealer was selling bunk shrooms. Amanitas shrooms are psychoactive, and while they look nothing like psilo shrooms, they could easily be sold to a 13 year old. And if they weren't dried properly a dose that large would easily kill anyone, much less a 13 year old.

^^^

Indeed. Or perhaps supermarket shrooms laced with a research chem. We'll never really know, unless we find out what the coroners report said.

Last edited:
I ate over 20 grams of mushrooms and i'm still alive (though I thought I was dead). Granted these shrooms were Florida field picked mushrooms which don't tend to be as potent as homegrown ones....

I really should take the time to write a trip report, but truthfully I really don't remember much of it. I do remember getting some of the most intense visuals while still finishing up the last few mushrooms.

edit - the 20+ grams was dehydrated/dried. I was shooting for an ounce but couldn't stomach any more after around the 3rd quarter bag.

First of all I want to say that I'm sorry for your friend. Secondly what's the BL policy on writing answers in "old" topics?

I found this quite interesting, since a few days ago I read this: http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/24403

How do you relate to this?

Ok. I am a little skeptical concerning this. Your friend was suicidal and you had no clue. He got about $125 to go buy shrooms, which is a lot of money for a thirteen year old to have. 22 grams is about 6 eights of an ounce, so six times the average dose, still less than an once which many people have taken. I dont think that would be enough to kill anyone. And if my best friend just died I would not be talking about it online for a long time, it would just be too hard emotionally. And wouldn't something like this draw media news, I havent heard about it anywhere. I think you might just be BSing, but if you arent I am really sorry and for all those guys out there cursing and calling him stupid its a little harsh.

And yeah mrsurmone kept posting and posting like he was just trying to get attention and kept going at it, doesnt seem like the actions of someone depressed over their friends death that doesnt need to prove anything, but more like someone BSing for attention trying to prove his story.

And if my best friend just died I would not be talking about it online for a long time, it would just be too hard emotionally.....doesnt seem like the actions of someone depressed over their friends death

There are five stages of grief: denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance, i.e. not just simply depression. Please don't assume someone else would react to a friends death the way you do.

Psychedelics_r_best said:
Ok. I am a little skeptical concerning this. Your friend was suicidal and you had no clue. He got about $125 to go buy shrooms, which is a lot of money for a thirteen year old to have. 22 grams is about 6 eights of an ounce, so six times the average dose, still less than an once which many people have taken. I dont think that would be enough to kill anyone. And if my best friend just died I would not be talking about it online for a long time, it would just be too hard emotionally. And wouldn't something like this draw media news, I havent heard about it anywhere. I think you might just be BSing, but if you arent I am really sorry and for all those guys out there cursing and calling him stupid its a little harsh.

And yeah mrsurmone kept posting and posting like he was just trying to get attention and kept going at it, doesnt seem like the actions of someone depressed over their friends death that doesnt need to prove anything, but more like someone BSing for attention trying to prove his story.

You know what? I'm sick and tired of people thinking im lying or a troll. Just because I don't know some information that would help with explaining this, doesn't mean Im a fucking troll. Its not my fault that his mother doesn't want to share every single last fucking detail about her sons death.

Hey, Psychedelics_r_best, when did i say he "just died"? This was a little over 2 years ago. Do ya think thats enough time to maybe accept that my friend is dead?

I kept posting like i was trying to get attention? I KEPT POSTING BECAUSE I WAS ANSWERING QUESTIONS TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITY YOU FUCKING RETARD. What do you do when someone asks you a question? YOU ANSWER IT.

"I dont think that would be enough to kill anyone."
It wouldn't be enough to kill anyone? Really? What if my friend did have an allergy to the substances in shrooms? A rise in body temperature that was too high maybe? I honestly dont know for sure but the shrooms did contribute to his death in some way.

Damn im tired of the assholes on here. Doesn't seem very humane to cuss at and insult me about my friend dying.

"doesnt seem like the actions of someone depressed over their friends death that doesnt need to prove anything, but more like someone BSing for attention trying to prove his story"

Maybe, just maybe i was trying to tell people that maybe shrooms aren't as harmless as some think. Sorry for trying to be considerate and help people.

You aren't proving the issue scientifically, I think, is what people are getting at.

Just because your friend has psilocybin in his blood when he died doesn't mean that it was "directly" the psilocybin that did it.
You really should have found out the cause of death before posting.

How do you know your friend was suicidal, anyhow?
That doesn't make sense to me at all...you said it was a surprise...but...you also said that he bought the shrooms so that he could kill himself...??

If someone was suicidal...I might be able to imagine themselves killing themselves with psychedelics. If they negated all the integrative thoughts they got while tripping...I dunno...I have felt like I was possibly going to die before on psychedelics, but I wasn't suicidal, and I didn't want to die...it scared the piss outta me...

That doesn't really mean shrooms are unsafe, though...it just means that shrooms are unsafe for suicidal people (which I would have said before).
(Oh, and it has been said many times that psychedelics are unsafe for mentally unbalanced people.)

[Hmm...also...I dunno...you had no idea that he died while you were tripping? You guys were tripping at the same time? You don't think that you would have known if he died? I am sure he would have thought of you before he ended himself and his thoughts would have found you. I'm just thinking maybe his death happened out of his control...?]

Peace, I hope you don't get mad at me, I am just trying to explain why people aren't taking you at face value.

[This post is really hard to write, but I feel like I should say something.]

I am sorry for your friend, and for your loss, as well.

Indeed. Or perhaps supermarket shrooms laced with a research chem. We'll never really know, unless we find out what the coroners report said.

Gloggawogga has pointed out something that may have passed by some people. Just because they are fungi, if you don't know what P.mexicana or P.cubensis (or one of the ones occuring naturally, but not cultivated, like P. semilanceata) look like, reasonably well, then you can't assume any drug effects are due to psilocybin.

There have been plenty of cases of 5-methoxy AMT being sold as acid, and people believing they'd had LSD, just because the dose was in blotter form. Who's to say someone didn't get supermarket fungi and in some way adulterate them with an RC (such as injecting them with a soln of an RC, or 'dust' them with neat RC - which would be very dangerous), then sell them as say P. cubensis?

Most people would buy a fungus, eat it, trip their face off and think, "ah, that was a strange shroom trip". I've had quite a few psychedelics over the space of 22 years, but I'd have difficulty distinguishing 4-OH MiPT from psilocybin, especially if I was already convinced that I would be taking psilocybin.

So without the 'technical' part of the post-mortem toxicolgy results, this could be another RC death - nobody can know.

Leg said:
Just because your friend has psilocybin in his blood when he died doesn't mean that it was "directly" the psilocybin that did it.

Really? Maybe you didn't notice the few sentences in the last post i made:

"What if my friend did have an allergy to the substances in shrooms? A rise in body temperature that was too high maybe? I honestly dont know for sure but the shrooms did contribute to his death in some way."

Here, I aknowledged the fact that i didnt know exactly how they contributed to his death, but i know that they did.

How do you know your friend was suicidal, anyhow?
Maybe cause he commited suicide?

That doesn't make sense to me at all...you said it was a surprise...
No shit it was a fucking suprise to me that he killed himself. If i would have known he was gonna do it i wouldnt have given him the dealers #.

but...you also said that he bought the shrooms so that he could kill himself...??
Ok? Point is? Hmm.. maybe i know that he did it for this reason IN THE NOTE HE FUCKING LEFT. Look at the first post i made, 2nd and 3rd sentences.

That doesn't really mean shrooms are unsafe, though...it just means that shrooms are unsafe for suicidal people (which I would have said before).
(Oh, and it has been said many times that psychedelics are unsafe for mentally unbalanced people.)

No drug is safe.

And yes i know that psychedelics are more dangerous for people with underlying mental disorders, such as depression.

And going into a trip with a suicidal-mindstate cant be a good thing either.

[Hmm...also...I dunno...you had no idea that he died while you were tripping? You guys were tripping at the same time? You don't think that you would have known if he died? I am sure he would have thought of you before he ended himself and his thoughts would have found you. I'm just thinking maybe his death happened out of his control...?]

Your expecting me to be Ms. Cleo here? Sorry, i dont have ESP and no one called me to tell me until the morning after.

Peace, I hope you don't get mad at me, I am just trying to explain why people aren't taking you at face value.

Not mad, just tired of having the whole forum on my ass about my friend.

fastandbulbous said:
because they are fungi, if you don't know what P.mexicana or P.cubensis (or one of the ones occuring naturally, but not cultivated, like P. semilanceata) look like, reasonably well, then you can't assume any drug effects are due to psilocybin.

I can assume that the substance in the shrooms was psilocybin due to the fact that i tripped that night too (And because thats what his mother told me.. she could be telling the truth for those of you who think shes not) .. I'm not sayin im a master of psychedelics but i have my right to assume that they were shrooms... I may be wrong, as I have only tripped twice, but both times had some similarities to them, a few of those being lights seemed brighter, i had some stomach pains (threw up during my first trip), remember friends making comments about my pupils being fucking huge, throughout both trips my mindset was mainly positive but i had a few scares.... CEV's and OEV's definently... and thats all i can think of at the moment... kinda hard to think back into a trip clearly after 2 years so sorry if thats not enough information to try to identify the substance.

There have been plenty of cases of 5-methoxy AMT being sold as acid, and people believing they'd had LSD, just because the dose was in blotter form. Who's to say someone didn't get supermarket fungi and in some way adulterate them with an RC (such as injecting them with a soln of an RC, or 'dust' them with neat RC - which would be very dangerous), then sell them as say P. cubensis?

There is a chance, yes.

So without the 'technical' part of the post-mortem toxicolgy results, this could be another RC death - nobody can know.

It could be. I could be wrong about the shrooms... they may have been dipped in or injected with an RC, but im not going to ask his mom again about it just because she apparently didnt want to tell me before... as much as i would like to know the truth about my friend... it would be impolite (hell, impolite is an understatement) to keep pestering her about something of that nature.

I am honestly trying to do my best here to answer all of your questions to the best of MY ability. There is not much more i can do than that.... and itd be easier on me if my character wasnt in question after every word i say just because something like this doesnt happen often... I know that this is a rare thing but that doesnt mean i have to be lying about it.

This is the first thread i have ever been called a troll in, and this is the thread that i let the most personal information out. Sorry if my explanation or answering yall hasnt been very good, but its the best i can do. Im telling you all i know.

But if more people keep jumping on my back, i will no longer be posting in this thread, thats something i dont need. Everyday, i still have to go through the day knowing i attributed to my best friends death, and its been ~2 years. Im getting better at not thinking about it as much, but i still dont know how long it will be before i let it go or stop blaming myself.

Last edited:
alright well i am completely confused and i can't make much out of this at all now...

but...i will stop asking questions, as well...

peace, best of wishes

[edit: man, you didn't even start this thread...i'm real confused, now...hah...goodnight bluelight]

Last edited: