Day 9 of 240 oxy per day withdrawl not getting better losin it!!!

Thanks KenD,
I will call the doctor Monday morning thanks for the reply.

Congratulations for making it this long, most other people wouldn't have. Day 10 is huge.

Painkillers not only numb you physically, they also numb you emotionally/mentally, so coming off of them can be a bit of a trip that way too. I suggest listening to some of your favorite music, watching funny movies, or things that will involve you *emotionally* in them in a good/positive way. You will probably feel things you haven't felt in years and that is always encouraging and begins to make you feel better and realize you can do this and it won't feel bad always.

Thanks for your encouragement free,
This thread has been going for awhile it's actually been 2 1/2 months but I will always take words of wisdom :)

You've done really well! Congratulations on being opiate free and regaining your life.

The seizure definitely needs follow up, however unless something definitive is found or you suffer a second seizure, stay away from anti seizure medicine. I had a grand maul seizure in 2003. They tried to put me on meds, but these anti seizure meds made me sleep 16 hours a day and I couldn't remember anything during that time. I told the doctor I didn't want to take the medicine anymore and was fine with that as it was my only seizure. He also suggested smoking a little weed daily as an anti convulsive, but I know you are not into that.

Good luck and I hope everything turns out ok.

Thanks azure.
I'm hoping it was a one and only. I will keep that in mind about the seizure meds good to know. Thanks :)

Great job! Just remember the worst is over and it'll get better day by day! :)

Are you sure it was a seizure and not a true panic attack? I've had panic attacks where it was like my whole body was being severely electrocuted.

Thanks drewbocop,
I would think it was a seizure as it was only my head that felt the extreme electrical shock and I couldn't move even though I was trying but I really can't say for sure only from what I've kinda read and heard from people. I guess if my doctor decides to do some tests we will find out. Thank you for sharing though it gives me hope that maybe it wasn't.

It's a good idea to speak with your doctor and tell him what happened just to be on the safe side.
You're doing great though, keep us updated! :)

A seizure involves involuntary muscle movement. Did anyone witness this? After my seizure my tongue was tore up because I involuntarily bit it while seizing.

I'm not saying you did or did not have a seizure but from what you describe, it sounds more like sleep paralysis, at least from what I've experienced in the past. -not being able to move and feeling electricity thru my body.

All I'm saying is that unless you know there was involuntary muscle movement, you might be over thinking what happened.

3 months off oxy today
Feeling pretty good PAWS isn't too bad. The only thing I struggle with now on a fairly daily basis is fatigue and it really sucks!!! Sometimes I can push through it and other days to push through makes me feel worse. When I get frustrated with the fatigue is when I start thinking maybe I need to take something for this. But I won't I never want to go through this again lesson learned.

Good for you!

I've been through opiate withdrawal before, but it sounds like yours was much worse. Nevertheless, I know how heart-wrenching the PAW stage can be. My advice is to stay active, meditate, and get some medical advice. I hope the best for you.

Sosick you are a recovery ninja and you are inspirational to others, like me, battling to stay in recovery. You did this on your own and it obviously was not easy at all!

I'm so proud of you! I hope you are very proud of yourself as well!

Thanks Ho-Chi-Minh
I appreciate your kind words.

Thanks Azure
Your right it wasn't easy.
So thankful for all the support from BL's especially a certain few ;)

Hey All
Just wanted to give an update!! It's been almost 2.5 years since I reached out to this amazing group of people. It's unbelievable that much time has passed to be honest. My first any only withdrawal was so nasty it instilled a fear that has kept me from touching anything more than the occasional Tylenol. Im not sure if any of you that helped me are still on here but if you are just know your words of encouragement meant everything to me. I have complete control over my life now. Oxy does does not rule me anymore.

Those who are struggling through withdrawal now. Life is beautiful at the end of the tunnel keep pushing through!! You can do it you are strong!!

Sosick -

wow, thank you for coming back to update your thread! It's such an inspiration to those of us still in the middle of this.

Day 8 for me! Someday I'll have a post like this.

- VE

VastEmpty

Yes you will be updating your thread with your great accomplishments. Keep strong day 8 is amazing!! One day at a time and before you know it weeks months and years will pass.

Sosick!! Thank you so much for coming back with such great news. It must have been quite emotional to read back through your thread. What stands out for you as the things that really helped you to heal?

Hi !! herbavore
Honestly just keeping busy and putting my kids first. At the time I quit my son was 6 months. He's turning 3 in a couple weeks. That alone keeps me super busy. I went through such bad withdrawal and then another 18 months of paws. I never want to go through that again. I fell down some stairs feb/15 on ice. Ambulance came and got me and started giving me shots of morphine. It was a reminder of that warm cozy blanket feeling but honestly not worth the doom that follows. Proud to say when they offered me narcotics to go home with I declined and asked for anti inflammatory instead. It's the little steps that get you to a good place. Great to see you still on here Herbavore your words on my thread as well as the words you wrote to others always inspired me. You are one amazing lady!!

Thats really cool. Thanks for sharing! I wish I learned lessons as fast as you do lol :D day 4 for me. How long did it take you to feel like you had control over your life?