Day 9 of 240 oxy per day withdrawl not getting better losin it!!!

Hang in there girl!!! What you are doing is very impressive.

Any change in the sweating/feeling gross arena? I sure hope so, but if not don't discourage. Everything will get better!

Thanks whiteroom ,
I will suggest that to my doc, actually if I remember correctly I was on gabapentin a couple yrs before I broke my back. Thx I appreciate it !!

Damn... how did you break your back? That must've sucked.

It's actually good to know that if gabapentin was effective for the pain of breaking your back then opiates really shouldn't be as necessary if someone needs pain meds from their doc.

Hey azure cloud
Thanks I don't think it's all that impressive I have done a lot of whining and complaining.
Yes the sweats r getting better not gone but better. The body sure goes through a lot when doing this amazing how it continues to repair.

Hey whiteroom ,
Lol I was on gabapentin for other reasons a couple yrs before I broke my back it was not used for pain. I wish. Then I wouldn't b in this messed up situation. If u read my first thread on this it kinda tells my story.

Hey
It's evening of day 18 still hanging in there, but feeling really worn down last two nights have been pretty much no sleep. Due to really bad rls I kick the bed for hours straight and insomniea. The heavy achy feeling in legs is bearable during day but crazy bad at night. Tried the drug store aides suggested but didn't do anything might have actually made worse not sure. Mariguana was suggested but it's really not my thing. Thx though. Any ideas when my sleep might start improving ? This seems to b a longer process for me than others but I guess everyone's different. Thx evey for your support and urban :)

Do you still have any clonidine left? I know you said you didn't like the effects before, but have you tried taking it at night before you go to bed? It has helped me fall asleep a number of times and could help with the RLS. You could always break the pill in half and take a half at a time. I usually only take half at a time. You can always take more, you can never take less.

Hey Carl. Landrover and azure cloud,
My doctor gave me enough for about 3 days and then she said she wanted to c me to check blood pressure etc. but I never made it to her office as I wasn't up for it at that time. But I'm positive I could get more when I c her she understands my whole situation and is very good at writing me scripts for whatever I need. Surprisingly my back is not too bad of course there is a certain amount of discomfort but honestly I would rather live with that and try healthier ways to handle it then go on more pain meds as I'm sure when I get older my only option may b something like a narcotic of some sort. Also yesterday in my frustration I was looking up natural ways to help with rls and one of the suggestions was compression socks so I tried it last night and it totally worked ! (Maybe it was because I was so tired but I did sleep 5 hours straight !) I will try again tonight and let u all know if it truly works. Hugs

Five hours of sleep, AWESOME! I bet that felt good.

I am also glad to read that your pain issues are relatively minor. I've suffered many opiate withdrawals but not with pain issues....I can only imagine how much that would suck.

I am so happy for you. You are doing a great job reclaiming your life. This will only get better!!!

On a side note, I've been told that doctors are making great strides with stem cells and degenerative disks. I don't know if this would apply to your back but there may be hope in the future.

<3 HUGS <3

Last edited:
Day. 21
Pretty much feeling good other than the norm very little sleep the rls seems to have calmed down quiet a bit defiantly bearable n the sweats only seem to happen a couple times a day now. Also of course still fatigued. But when I look back at each week I'm seeing huge improvements. If I can do this anybody can!!!!! It sure wasn't fun but totally worth it!!

Sosick, you are so rocking your recovery from opiate dependence! This is monumental. You have shown nothing but great strength of character throughout the process.

....anyone can do this - indeed. But many fail to kick successfully, including people dependent or addicted to much lower opiate doses than you were prescribed.

You are inspirational.

I truly believe someone will read your thread and find the solace and strength they need to kick their own opiate habit. This whole business of knowing that we are not alone in our struggles and being able to clearly see the road map of someone else that has been successful in their unburdening of addiction is the greatest gift we can give each other. ...celebrate yourself, pat yourself on the back, allow yourself to feel the pride you deserve for sticking thru this horrible ordeal.

.....PS....I'm out-of-town for the next couple of weeks. I'll have my phone and when I do have time to check out bluelight, your thread will be way high on my list of priorities. if I'm not posting here, it will because I'm just too busy but know that I will be thinking of you and sending positive vibes your way. <3

Last edited:
If I can do this anybody can!!!!! It sure wasn't fun but totally worth it!!
=D<3<3

help-your-friend-see-the-light-at-the-end-of-the-divorce-tunnel.jpg

That right there.. is amazing!!!

No joke... I came through the same tunnel .. nice fucking work!!!!=D

Last edited:
Thanks NSA ,
It's been about a month now n just thought I would give an update. Sleeping about 5-6 hours a night (but if anything wakes me very hard to get back to sleep) and fatigue but it's totally manageable. I feel good for the most part. I find now that I'm more active my back pain has increased (last night I was in agony for 3 hrs) stretching finally worked and it stopped almost immediately. Take care of your bodies !!! Treat them good !! Chronic pain is a real bitch !!!

Thats great.. pain response should continue to wramp down for even up to a year. Have you considered going back to see a physical therapist, to see if there is some things you could try to do to help?

Thanks for the up date.. great news SS=D

That's good to know about the pain NSA I wasn't sure how long that would take. I was in water therapy for almost 4 years after my accident so I learned a lot I'm just trying to apply some of that knowledge now. I need to get to the pool more often. But if I'm still struggling after another month I will maybe have to go back to her.

That's good to know about the pain NSA I wasn't sure how long that would take. I was in water therapy for almost 4 years after my accident so I learned a lot I'm just trying to apply some of that knowledge now. I need to get to the pool more often. But if I'm still struggling after another month I will maybe have to go back to her.

Is water therapy like physiotherapy but in water? I think we call that hydrotherapy here. I hope you feel less pain soon. It's great that stretching worked. There are quite a few back stretching exercises on YouTube. I used it to do a few when I had my L5/S1 Disc Herniation. Some of them were similar to what the chiropractor showed. I would, however, advice to consult your physician first just encase they are not the appropriate stretches for your condition.

I'm wondering if opiate addiction makes us more sensitive to pain. Sorry for going off-topic slightly, but had a tattoo and after I was in pure agony with it, something I am not, usually. I also found the procedure agonising, which I normally don't find. So maybe there's something about opiate addiction and a higher sensitivity to pain. I must research that sometime.

Well done on a month and it's great that you're getting 5-6 hours sleep, not good that you're waking up easily but it's better than no sleep at all, to think on the bright side.

Wishing you all the best with your recovery.
Evey

Thx evey
I will check out YouTube although I was given specific stretches for me Yes hydrotherapy would b the same my therapist always called it water therapy. Very interesting about your tattoo, I was hoping to get another in February, as my last one around my wrist didn't hurt that bad. Let me know if you find out anything new on that. Thx

Good news it's been 2 1/2 months with no real cravings and nothing too much as far as PAWS goes just odd days of fatigue. Sleep kinda varies but most nights not too bad. Now the BAD news fuck I had my first ever seizure last night !!! I was laying in bed about 3am when it felt like my head was put into an electrical socket. I tried to reach for my dog laying beside me and I couldn't. So scared it's going to happen again. Could this have anything to do with the brain still healing or is it probably unrelated.

Maybe it added to the chances of having a seizure, but that seems unlikely that they'd be related given how long it has been since you quit. Did you speak to a doctor?

I am not a doctor and you should take my words with a grain of salt. It could be completely related. I don't think so, but again I don't know and I am not a doctor. Just sounds like something you should get checked out.

Awesome progress by the way! :D

I'd agree with Carl Landrover... I think by this point it should be unrelated. But again, we are not doctors. I do think you should get into seeing your Dr. or an ER as soon as possible just to make sure.
Congrats on the 2 1/2 months!! I can't wait til I am that far along!
One day at a time!

Thanks Carl,
Ya I kinda figured probably not related but I was hoping. No I haven't been to doctor yet I will go next week when my doctors office is open. I don't think it's necessary to go to emergency care although I have had a pounding headache all day.