• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Misc Council Tax Rebate?

Nothing and Big Country Blues are my favourite tracks so far. Again the lyrics, the guitar playing is fucking sublime, and the choice of portrait photographs in the video is just beyond words.

In all honesty I am taking my time to get to know his music. I tend to binge listen and I am in no rush to rush through his back catalogue. I will enjoy taking my time discovering his stuff when I am most in the mood for it. I would have loved to be able to get some GBL and just spend days on end listening to everything he's ever done but don't think that will happen now. I've been resorting to benzos too often which takes the edge off my enjoyment of music, that's something I need to sort out somehow.

I can't call myself a proper fan at this stage because I don't know a huge amount about him (other than the huge esteem he is held in amongst other musicians andothers who have discovered him, and his troubled personal life and lack of commercial success) and I have a lot of listening and catching up to do. What I can say is that what I have heard so far has deeply impressed and moved me. He's up there with the greats the likes of Dylan, Cash, and Cohen at their best beyond all question.

Nothing and Big Country Blues are my favourite tracks so far. Again the lyrics, the guitar playing is fucking sublime, and the choice of portrait photographs in the video is just beyond words.

In all honesty I am taking my time to get to know his music. I tend to binge listen and I am in no rush to rush through his back catalogue. I will enjoy taking my time discovering his stuff when I am most in the mood for it. I would have loved to be able to get some GBL and just spend days on end listening to everything he's ever done but don't think that will happen now. I've been resorting to benzos too often which takes the edge off my enjoyment of music, that's something I need to sort out somehow.

I can't call myself a proper fan at this stage because I don't know a huge amount about him (other than the huge esteem he is held in amongst other musicians andothers who have discovered him, and his troubled personal life and lack of commercial success) and I have a lot of listening and catching up to do. What I can say is that what I have heard so far has deeply impressed and moved me. He's up there with the greats the likes of Dylan, Cash, and Cohen at their best beyond all question.

It's close to midnight here as I'm UK based & I'm fucked up on good smack so this isn't easy to type.

Tomorrow morning I'm going to reply correctly & give this post the due respect it deserves.

In the few hours till then check out Blaze, he was a very good friend of Townes, they played together and yeah the track called Blaze's blues by TVZ is about this guy.

Hey Bleaney, I don't think I've ever spoken to you before. I think @Zopiclone bandit would agree that if you're going to start somewhere with Townes, start with every live album you can find. That's where his guitar style and haunting persona really shine. He was also somewhat of a comedian and loved to tell jokes to the audience between songs, which you just don't get with his studio albums.

Not to knock his studio work but his earlier stuff especially are considered to be overproduced where he didn't have much say in what other instruments were being added to his vocals. His studio albums are great however because you do get a lot of deep tracks that don't make it to the live ones.

IMHO his seminal work is Live at the Old Quarter - Houston, Texas (1972), which you should probably find first. This era was considered by many to be his peak where he had already written a huge portion of his greatest songs and his voice and finger/flatpicking were stellar. After a lifetime of whiskey drinking and cigarette smoking, his later live albums aren't quite as polished as Live at the Old Quarter. After you give that one a listen, Live at Union Chapel is pretty good too as well as a compilation called Acoustic Blue. I've collected most of all his studio and live albums but these are great starters.

It's close to midnight here as I'm UK based & I'm fucked up on good smack so this isn't easy to type.

Tomorrow morning I'm going to reply correctly & give this post the due respect it deserves.

In the few hours till then check out Blaze, he was a very good friend of Townes, they played together and yeah the track called Blaze's blues by TVZ is about this guy.

Yes, I love Blaze Foley. He was homeless most of his adult life and he and Townes used to run together in Austin, TX. There is a good documentary about Blaze called Duct Tape Messiah as well as a feature film/biopic that came out later called Blaze. The movie Blaze has Townes as a character in it as well since they were good friends. Blaze Foley was a little more rough around the edges and raw compared to Townes, not quite as polished a singer. However his lyrics were great and his guitar picking pretty good as well. He didn't release as much work as Townes and was more obscure ie., less widely known during his life. Blaze's two major albums are Live at the Austin Outhouse and the other is Oval Room. Both fantastic.

Hey Bleaney, I don't think I've ever spoken to you before. I think @Zopiclone bandit would agree that if you're going to start somewhere with Townes, start with every live album you can find. That's where his guitar style and haunting persona really shine. He was also somewhat of a comedian and loved to tell jokes to the audience between songs, which you just don't get with his studio albums.

Not to knock his studio work but his earlier stuff especially are considered to be overproduced where he didn't have much say in what other instruments were being added to his vocals. His studio albums are great however because you do get a lot of deep tracks that don't make it to the live ones.

IMHO his seminal work is Live at the Old Quarter - Houston, Texas (1972), which you should probably find first. This era was considered by many to be his peak where he had already written a huge portion of his greatest songs and his voice and finger/flatpicking were stellar. After a lifetime of whiskey drinking and cigarette smoking, his later live albums aren't quite as polished as Live at the Old Quarter. After you give that one a listen, Live at Union Chapel is pretty good too as well as a compilation called Acoustic Blue. I've collected most of all his studio and live albums but these are great starters.
Some great tips there, thanks Jerry. I will defintely take what you have said on board and go about listening to more TVZ stuff in a more systematic way. My selections and finds so far have been more or less completely random after following up on a link someone posted on their Facebook. I suspect that Nothing and Big Country BLues are going to be among his better songs (its hard to imagine anything being very much better than those) and I agree with what you say about other instruments being added can be detrimental. I love the fact that it's just the stripped down purity of just his songs, his voice and his acoustic guitar on the tracks that I have enjoyed most so far. The strength of his voice and guitar playing on tracks like Big County BLues is just phenonemall.

Adding a band with other instruments to proceedings can kind of lessen the impact of things as I've found on some other tracks, which means that the acoustic guitar is way lower in the mix. I guess in an attempt to be more commercial and to attempt to appeal to a bigger audience it can just ends up diluting things and it's not to everyone's taste. God forbid some producer decided to add an overly slushy string section or a country and western square dancing style of cringey cheesy bassline to some of his songs, I sincerely hope not.

Some great tips there, thanks Jerry. I will defintely take what you have said on board and go about listening to more TVZ stuff in a more systematic way. My selections and finds so far have been more or less completely random after following up on a link someone posted on their Facebook. I suspect that Nothing and Big Country BLues are going to be among his better songs (its hard to imagine anything being very much better than those) and I agree with what you say about other instruments being added can be detrimental. I love the fact that it's just the stripped down purity of just his songs, his voice and his acoustic guitar on the tracks that I have enjoyed most so far. The strength of his voice and guitar playing on tracks like Big County BLues is just phenonemall.

Adding a band with other instruments to proceedings can kind of lessen the impact of things as I've found on some other tracks, which means that the acoustic guitar is way lower in the mix. I guess in an attempt to be more commercial and to attempt to appeal to a bigger audience it can just ends up diluting things and it's not to everyone's taste. God forbid some producer decided to add an overly slushy string section or a country and western square dancing style of cringey cheesy bassline to some of his songs, I sincerely hope not.
No problem at all. My formula was if I heard some songs I liked on his live albums, I would search for the studio albums that included those songs. Not all of his studio albums are 'overproduced'. Some of them do have tasteful accompaniment. I also have a difficult time pinpointing a favorite song because I like so many of them. I'm more likely to have favorite albums than favorite songs.

Quick heads up if, like me, you don't pay by DD.

I got my letter today from my council informing me how to claim the rebate. Good stuff. Except the useless fuckers got my council tax reference number WRONG in the letter they sent (they missed off the final numeral).

No doubt if I hadn't checked this wouldn't have been processed. I got my correct number off the actual bill btw.

Much more coming through in the way of rebates.

There's another £400 'giveaway' for everyone after October (this is replacing the previously proposed idea of £200 repayable loan), with a further £650 for those on benefits, with an even further £150 for those on disabilty and £300 on top for pensioners.

The Tories were clearly shitting themselves anticipating the political fallout of not doing this.

Last edited:

There's another £400 'giveaway' for everyone after October (this is replacing the previously proposed idea of £200 repayable loan), with a further £650 for those on benefits, with an even further £150 for those on disabilty and £300 on top for pensioners.

The Tories were clearly shitting themselves anticipating the political fallout of not doing this.

The tories have done so many fuckin u turns under Boris Trump that no wonder No.10 was covered in vomit...

" there will be no need for people to fill out forms – we will send the payment straight into bank accounts."

I assume they will have my account info due to my Universal Credit running?

Roll on the 14th of Next Month, mega kind Sunak is giving my kind that nice £350.
Boris ran his fat mouth on Wednesday when his dick sizing against the Cunt Starmer & I heard it outta his fat mouth.

i don't understand what one off payments are supposed to do. they need to stop prices rising.

people like me, i.e. taxpayers, can't fund benefit recipients with indefinite one off payments when we are being hit by rising prices too. i'm starting to get angry about all this free cash giveaway shit, it does nothing to solve the problems and just penalises people who contribute to the system cos it'll be our fucking taxes paying for it.

i don't understand what one off payments are supposed to do. they need to stop prices rising.

people like me, i.e. taxpayers, can't fund benefit recipients with indefinite one off payments when we are being hit by rising prices too. i'm starting to get angry about all this free cash giveaway shit, it does nothing to solve the problems and just penalises people who contribute to the system cos it'll be our fucking taxes paying for it.
Don't hate the player, hate the game 😉

i'm not hating on you @Zopiclone bandit just blowing off steam cos what they are doing makes shit all difference. they are literally telling employers not to increase wages cos it'll drive inflation while doing effectively that with benefits recipients with no plan as to how to stop inflation.

Nothing is free, someone has to pay for it all.

Re fuel I read the other day that they add some expensive bio shit to petrol like 10% if they left that bullshit out they would be provide a 10% cut on fuel...

It's cool Chinup, I'm spending the cash on a Belgian Malinois & train it to snatch purses & wallets then bring them back to me. I'm only gonna target middle-class folks too 😉🤗

Let us all pause for a moment & do a wonderful dance of Joy as Number 10 totally falls apart.

It'll totally destroy Boris as he needs to feel like the people love him. Yesterday News 24 wasn't turned off.

With any luck he will kill himself 😁🤗🤗

Last edited: