European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Misc Council Tax Rebate?

Zopiclone bandit

Bluelighter
Anyone got their £150 off Rishi Sunak / Local council yet? (Well it depends on what Band you live in so some of you lot this won't apply to sadly)
I've been looking hard for news on this one & it seems people who pay by Direct Debit get it first then the rest of us will hear from the Council & if they are anything like the totally incompetent idiots who are in control by me I'm not gonna hold my breath.

I'm not quite sure what Mr Sunak thinks £150 will do against the rising cost of living but I'm not one to overlook a kickback & I could really do with it to say the least.

Anyone had a word from their council to say when this will be paid out yet?

Anyone got their £150 off Rishi Sunak / Local council yet? (Well it depends on what Band you live in so some of you lot this won't apply to sadly)
I've been looking hard for news on this one & it seems people who pay by Direct Debit get it first then the rest of us will hear from the Council & if they are anything like the totally incompetent idiots who are in control by me I'm not gonna hold my breath.

I'm not quite sure what Mr Sunak thinks £150 will do against the rising cost of living but I'm not one to overlook a kickback & I could really do with it to say the least.

Anyone had a word from their council to say when this will be paid out yet?

Not heard a fuckin thing mate. I'm sure these rebates are being paid directly into his wife's bank account...

I'm sure these rebates are being paid directly into his wife's bank account
Well that's gone on shoes & handbags I guess, no 3 month stash of Karpackie for you.

Sunak has a bloody nerve imho, his wife should be dragged through the streets naked & have rotten veg launched at her head for her Tax scam.
The only good news is his chances of being the leader of the Tory party are now wrecked, I smirked when I heard the backlash against him on BBC Radio 4.

If you don’t pay by direct debit, you have to contact your council directly for them to issue you the grant. Only for council tax bands A - D.

Councils are currently saying anything up to a three month wait.

If you don’t pay by direct debit, you have to contact your council directly for them to issue you the grant. Only for council tax bands A - D.

Councils are currently saying anything up to a three month wait.

We pay by direct debit and am in band A (yes, I'm a fuckin pauper).

But have had no communication regarding this rebate so far...

Well that's gone on shoes & handbags I guess, no 3 month stash of Karpackie for you.

Sunak has a bloody nerve imho, his wife should be dragged through the streets naked & have rotten veg launched at her head for her Tax scam.
The only good news is his chances of being the leader of the Tory party are now wrecked, I smirked when I heard the backlash against him on BBC Radio 4.

To be fair though, she claims that her taxes on earnings within the UK are fully paid and I can't see why she should be taxed on earnings from overseas.

But the fact that to achieve non dom status costs 30 grand/annum shows there are significant savings to be had...

As far as I understand it, those on JSA don't pay council tax and so they won't get a rebate?

This whole "scheme" seems kind of half baked though. Obviously I'm not complaining if its means an extra £150 in my pocket, but the way it is being done doesn't make any sense at all. Why refund utility bills through council tax? What has the one thing got to do with the other? Absolutely nothing! I don't really care that much tbh I'll just take the £150 and be thankful, even if I do like things to make sense and this makes no sense at all.

It'd kind of like increasing the amount of people's national insurance contributions by 1.5% from the 1st of April, and then putting up the allowance by around £3,000 a couple of months later. Meaning everyone pays more for 2 months and then most people will pay less than they did originally 2 months later. Literally taking with one hand, and giving away with the other. Makes no sense at all really. Why not just scrap the 1.5% increase instead of making it all so complicated and convoluted?

Politics. What a racket.

Allegedly they'll start to be paid from mid-April if you've made a council tax payment for the month after 1st April. In other words if your payment date is say the 28th then you wouldn't get it until the end of April.

People on JSA and other benefits are eligible as long as you have a council tax liability or exemption, even if the bill is zero (i.e. if you're in shared housing and your landlord pays the bill then they'd get it, not you). Deets below.

You must be a liable Council Tax payer (or an occupant where the property is exempt) and occupy a property which meets these criteria on 1 April 2022:

• It is valued in Council Tax bands A to D (or a property is valued in band E but with an alternative valuation of band D, because of the disabled band reduction scheme);
  • It is someone's sole or main residence;
  • It is a chargeable dwelling, or in exemption classes N, S, U, or W:
    • N - Properties occupied solely by students
    • S - Occupied by under eighteen year olds only
    • U - Occupied only by severely mentally impaired persons
    • W - Annexe occupied by dependant relative
This means that:

• A property that meets all the criteria but has a nil Council Tax liability because of Council Tax Reduction, is eligible.
  • A property that has no permanent resident and is someone's second home is not eligible.
  • An unoccupied property (for the purposes of calculating Council Tax) is not eligible.

Yes so it seems. Hopefully everyone will start getting their rebates coming through soon.

Don't know about anyone else but I still haven't had anything.

Sucks for anyone who was hoping to get it for bank hol weekend. Probably some disappointed kids and people who had to put a lot on their cards.

I could do with my £150 too! I was looking into it and it seems very vague as to when we're getting it. Jesus roll on payday! Cocaine is far too expensive.

Plus, not being a massive drug addict anymore certainly helps...
It pays for itself eh!

And aye the cheeky cunts are raising council tax anyway. It's offensive how stupid they think the general public are. Or it would be if we weren't...

i personally will be withdrawing my council tax rebate as cash and then burning it as a cheap source of fuel come winter.

is it bad that i just genuinely considered whether just doing heroin to not feel cold would be cheaper than heating?