• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Coricidin's Long-Term Negative Effects

25 yr old male with a tripple C addiction

I have been taking on average 2 boxes everday for the past 7 years. I do want to stop, today, no more. I haven't noticed any long term effects other than it makes me pretty damn lazy and unmotivated. I have gained weight since all I would do is take a couple boxes and watch a movie or play videogames. I could not do the physical activity anymore because my heart rate would skyrocket. People have been talking about the damage to the eyes, weird thing is, I went to the eye doctor a few months ago and my eyesight has actually improved significantly. I went from wearing -3.25 to -1.75 for my contacts. I know my liver must be hard as a rock. I am 28 years old. No more C's for me!!!!

Around 2005, during my junior year at my high school, I found out about this crazy new trip you can get by taking so many at once. So me and a few buddies would meet up and each do a box, and then do some crazy shit in his neighborhood. This is what started my slow decline down to almost having nothing of value to show what I have done over the past several years. I would take CCC anytime i wanted to, my parents gave me a car at the age of 16, which o took for granted. I have been doing these CCC's cause they were easy to steal, and now that I have taken/abused it for so long now, i am starting to see some of the same effects, in previous posts. The most I have taken was 8 boxes at once...so that is 128 tablets. That was the last time I did them and spent 3 days in the ER room at the Hospital, fortunate enough to still be alive, from what the doctors said. Not only have these stupid CCC's fucked up my body, but it also has ruined my relationship in my family. I want to get help for this addiction and at times I feel powerless over it. I ended up getting Baker Acted a few times during highschool, my mindset was I hate just about everything...so i might as well be loaded doing it. It put me at a different level and felt like I was watching myself threw someone else's eyes. This drug is too addicting and should just not be sold over the counter at all. In the short term it might be a quick escape....but in the long run you are just screwing yourself over at both physically and emotionally. If I could rewind time and do it all over again, with knowing what I know today, I would stay the furthest i could from them...its basically nuclear waste in your body. So if your friend ever asks you if want to try this cough medicine trip, just tell that friend to politely go FUCK OFF. This was the worst drug I have ever done in my life and its hard to resist the urge...but I am taking it one day at a time...the sober way.

Last edited:
I joined to post something that I researched about CCC because I was a regular abuser and wanted to know what exactly I was doing to myself. I researched the chemical compounds and what happens when they are combined in your system. Clearly most are aware that both ingredients require the same enzymes in your liver to be broken down, which cannot be done by the liver at abuse levels. I am not certain how much damage is done, how severe, how long lasting it is. For permanent liver damage, liver cells would have to die. I cannot say with certainty if CCC abuse does this even with dosing once, or if it's something it does over longer abuse. I cant say for sure if it does it at all. The liver is an organ that can heal itself, which is why it's possible for a person with a healthy liver donate a portion to a person who needs it, because eventually, the liver will heal itself. The liver cannot heal scar tissue though and I'm not sure if its the death of liver cells that result in scarring, if its the dosing that does it, or if scar tissue forms because the liver cells die off. It is entirely possible that CCC can cause damage to the liver because its 100% fact that CCCs require too much from this organ. I cannot say for certain if it's permanent. That could be debated.

But one other thing I wanted to add when researching about a year ago, and I'm sorry I can't recall exactly how I researched it, overdosing on CCCs can shut down your bowel movements. I once abused CCCs by doing 16 at a time, which is extreme but it started to take more to get the same fix. Also I wanted to state I abused CCCs over the period of 4 years at least once a week if not more frequently. But CCCs can do something that stops the process of your bowels moving, it might start up higher than the intestines but if you imagine your body like an assembly line, at some point in that line, it shuts off. I dont know for how long and how many you have to take for that to happen, etc. I also don't know what kind of damage it causes your body for things to sit in you that would normally get flushed out sooner. And I can say I have experienced this.

I remember I researched the chemical compounds of both ingredients, what they do normally by them selves, what they would do if overdosed singularly, and what they do together. I remember the research I did, and it was all on the web, all the little things that make up each chemical and what they do when combined together.

So I wanted to add that because I've never seen this side effect brought up or discussed before. I may try to re-research it and make another post in the future on how I discovered this.

how the fuck? where does one even get that many boxes? let alone, 32 ccc's a day just seems like death but i guess everyone is different

I'm not usually one to post on blogs but something has to be said about this drug. I'm not proud to say, but I was a heavy abuser. I've overdosed more times than I can count. The drug took over me--it changed me. Since high school I fancied myself invincible when it came to any drug. However, looking back I realize the fault of my ways and how much of an idiot I was. I couldn't be exaggerating when I say I am more than lucky to be alive. I had an addiction for a few months that led to a month long binge--which ended in a life-changing psychosis. It was last year, my first year of college, when I moved in with a friend into a little apartment. We were both heavy drug users--but I never heard of Coricidin. My roommate introduced me to them. The first time we took them was around 10 am one morning. He took 16 and I took 8 (because I had to go to work around 2pm). Twenty minutes past by and I didn't feel anything, so I took another 8. Shortly after while we were playing Naruto on Xbox, I started to feel really sick and ran to my bathroom. I then vomited profusely. My body felt so cold, yet burning hot at the same time. I couldn't move from the toilet. Twenty minutes passed by and my roommate knocked on the door checking in on me. I stood up instantly--feeling an intense rush and a sickening euphoria. I proceeded to call my boss and try to make up a reason why I couldn't go to work. Over the phone, I could not of sounded more incoherent. My boss hung up on me--and I was certain I was fired. The thought of losing my job sent an intense pain and crippling heat up my back that I could only compare to being on fire. I fell on my bed and called for my roommate (who happened to work at the same job) begging him to call my boss and validate my excuse. When I heard him talk to my boss and he got the "okay" a euphoric rush replaced the flame that I could only compare to floating on water. I proceeded to laugh like a madman for 15 minutes and laid on my bed until the next day. When I awoke, I swore to myself I'd never take the drug again. That worked for a few days, but then the weekend came around and my roommate and I decided to take it again. I did another 16, vomited profusely, crawled out of the bathroom, and passed out on the floor next to my roommate (who was laying outside the bathroom door waiting for me). We laid there for what seemed like 5 hours. When we finally were able to stand we noticed that only 15 minutes had passed. Once the paralysis and vomiting ceased, I fell in love with the euphoric feeling it gave me. We then proceeded to constantly take them whenever I wasn't at work or school. The dose increased and increased from 16 to 21 to 32 at a time. My first time on 32, I was unable to walk or even get inside my house. I was locked outside for literally 6 hours in near freezing weather with nothing but jeans and a thin hoody. I couldn't even feel the cold. Nothing could stop me from wanting Coricidin. It controlled me--it caused me to do things I still lose sleep over. I was in a constant Coricidin high for a whole month, even going to work and school under the influence at times. My roommate didn't even abuse the drug like I did. There was one night I refer to as "A Thousand Years of Sorrow" that I honestly to this day thought I might have been dead. I took 5.5 grams of shrooms and 48 Coricidin. The dose itself sounds deadly. The instant my trip started my mind warped. I was dead. I felt dead. I was in purgatory when what I thought was God approached me. (I'm not even the least bit religious.) He then showed me how I burned down my apartment that night in an electrical fire. He showed me the ambulances and fire trucks arriving. He showed me my grandmother as she got the call from the hospital where I was pronounced dead. He showed me each family member hearing the news. He showed me my funeral. All of which was the most intense and real feeling I have ever felt in my natural born life. He then brought me back to my cell in purgatory and punished me for a thousand years for every single "sin" I've ever committed. Each punishment was so unique and representative of my "sins" it couldn't have felt more real. The mental torment I faced that night was as real as real gets. I didn't become conscious until sometime late in the next day. The real story of what I did that night while I was tripping is too embarrassing to admit (let's just say if it wasn't for my roommate, his friends, and my understanding neighbors--I'd really be dead or in jail or in a fucking insane asylum). That night was a real eye opener. So I'd never touch them again right? I'd count my blessings and be glad I'm alive right? I'd be smart enough to stay as far away from Coricidin as possible right? Fucking Wrong. Fucking Fucking Wrong. Not even a two days later, I took 64 fucking Coricidin. To this day I still fucking don't know why. When the high started to kick in, it felt different. I ignored it. However, as almost the entire night passed by I couldn't sleep. The high didn't even remotely go down. It was around 6:30 in the morning when I started getting worried. I couldn't pass a thought. I tried to leave my roommate a note but I couldn't coordinate anything in my body. Some how I managed to make my way down stairs and drive to my grandma's house with one shoe on. I don't remember anything--leaving, driving, entering the house, nothing. Apparently, for the next three weeks I was in a state of psychosis (Thank God it was during winter break). My grandparents hid me away from the world trying everything in their power to bring me back. Everyone in my family had forsaken me and was ready to admit me into an asylum--except for my grandmother, she never lost faith that I would come back. I don't know how or why, but I'm here right now and still in school (though I did get fired from my job). With the research I've done since the events, I don't know why I'm alive. I should be dead, but some fucking how I'm here. Excuse the course language but talking about this really pisses me off because of how stupid and reckless I was. This is the first time I've told my story to anyone--this is not something I could make up. I do have some side effects now though. I feel like my blood is thin as water, I know my blood pressure is extremely high for my age now, I know I took years off my heart, my limbs fall asleep almost instantly even when I'm in positions that wouldn't normally make them fall asleep (for example right now), my digestive system is completely different than before, I urinate so often now it's not even funny, a solid defecation is a rare occurrence, I have these twitches and ticks in different parts of my body muscles randomly, my personality and emotions are different--I'm cold aloof and robotic, but I know I'm lucky to be alive.

Coricidin is evil, it's a killer, it ruins lives, and no one should take it--even for a cold. I was beyond lucky, but there are countless others who weren't.

Hey man, I empathize with you sincerely; thank you for sharing your story. I greatly suggest finding a psychiatrist that your insurance covers and putting yourself on a plan to dig yourself out of the chemical hole that you dug yourself into if you genuinely mean to move forward and stave tripping. Your brain may benefit incredibly from some serotonin balancing (in a similar situation, a low dosage of Fluoxetine - Prozac - helped me significantly) and a thoughtful therapist.

love and light !

all of these stories just boggle my mind, why are there so many people to stupid to google a drug before they try it? Like seriously thats the first thing I did when I was offered marijuana when I was like 15, almost everyone I know researches drugs before they do them. The fact that people just munch on drugs without knowing anything about them and then use the fact that they didn't know about them as an excuse is just silly.

One time when I was gonna be flying alone I thought it would be a great idea to eat 8 30mg coricidins before the flight. Probably not the best decision I ever made. While waiting in line to board the plane, the double vision kicked in and I started to get nervous. I thought I should eat something so I ate this mormon roll I had in my backpack (I was flying from Utah). I got on the plane and once I sat down in my window seat I started freaking out. The plane hadn't even taken off yet and I fly all the time. Then, out of the fucking blue, I puke all over the side of the plane below the window. I wasn't even nauseous or anything, I had no idea what was even happening. I tried to look at the lady next to me as she was clearly disgusted. Lucky for me I look really young, (I think I was around 20 at the time this happened) and by this point I was tripping so hard I couldn't talk so the flight attendant thought I was some scared teenager who'd never flown before, she got me some napkins so I put them over the puke and smeared some in-flight magazines around but it smelled pretty bad. I just put my headphones in and sat there embarrassed as shit while the people in my row had to endure the smell the hour or so to Vegas. When we landed I was able to change clothes before my next flight and on my next flight home somebody bought me 2 drinks for switching seats with them. Of course I had rum + coke :D I digress.

Oh yeah fuck coricidin! I haven't done it since then and probably won't ever.

First of all. DON'T TAKE 14 YOUR FIRST TIME. I been doing them for a while. I took 6 my first time. and had the time of my life. I love them. let me explain. if I had to choose weed or alcohol or meth. or whatever drug I could get high on. I would chose cccs ... they take my pain away. they man's me feel happy. they make every bad thing disappear for a while. the most I have taken at once. was 16......... I have heard of an overdose... HE TOOK 56 AT ONCE!!!!!!! There is no way in HEll u can overdose or have a bad trip by takin 6!!!!! .....Prove me wrong. I'm NOT persuading anyone to take them I'm giving u facts. And experience. if u wanna take 14. Take 6 first then 8 the next day and build up. I'm saying that only for pepple who r gonna take them regardless of what I say. don't take more than 20 at once. If u wanna take more. take 12. Take 4 an hour later and so on. please don't delete this I wanna hear what people have to say......

Dude this is a harm reduction site, reccomending anyone take anything other than DXM only products is stupidity. Wise up, it'a not like the nasty CPM is adding anything worth the risk of your health to your buzz so just ingest products that don't have any additives that are detrimental to your health. This not so smart girl that I went to school with seized on 8 or 10 Coriciden pills in class, not too far from what your reccomending and asking people to "prove you wrong" by putting their health at stake, despite the potentially slim chance of negative interaction isn't what this site is about.

i had a quick question i took about 300mg of Dxm Hbr yesterday around 11 or 12 and its almost awhole day i have a 5ml of delysm which is 888 mg so its it safe to tripp again tooday?

Wrong thread, but yes, DXM is safe to do multiple days in a row, just don't make a habit of it, for tolerance as much as health reasons. Seriously, don't do CCC's though, I say this from personal experience.

is delsym safer than CCC's? I always used the kind that only contains DXM

^Yes, as it is the CPM that makes things dangerous (it's not even an anticholingeric thing, the drug is just plain toxic in supratherapeutic doses). The polystirex is just plain ol' DXM, in extended release form (i.e. a longer, milder experience). Honestly, the best thing about delsym is the taste, it goes down so much more smoothly than the nasty nasty HBr containing tussin syrups.

i think guaifenesin causes temporary erectile dysfunction >.>
don't think its a dissociative though; maybe a combination effect between another drug would make it "dissociative"

Nope. Wrong. It's the side effect on the sympathetic nervous system via serotonin re-uptake inhibition, of DXO, DXM's first-pass metabolite, and has little or nothing to do with the somatic effects of guaifenesin.
Prolonging a first plateau+ may help the effect to wear off, but then we have those insidious sigmoid effects, with the peripheral vision trails and flanging of both vision and thoughts, albeit to a lesser effect that as occurs in a full-blown "plateau sigma" ordeal... I'm not sure what the mechanism is for the chronic dissociative disorder post-withdrawal, but I'm sure the symptoms are psychosomatic, as are PTSD manifestations. But I am not a doctor. Just sayin'...

Last edited:
captainkratom......... then u didnt understand what i was saying... i was talking about the people who were going to take them REGARDLESS of what im saying.... and for people who do them alot. u want me to not say that ok.... tripple cccs are VERY dangerous ONLY if u dont know how to use them... and i meant 'prove me wrong' and overdose on only SIX.... OK then

Last edited:
tripple cccs are VERY dangerous ONLY if u dont know how to use them...

Wrong, wrong, wrong. You can't "know how to use them." There's no reason to use DXM products with Chlorpheniramine. It does not have a positive effect and it's incredibly dangerous. Why are you so dead set on giving yourself brain damage? Why is it so hard for you to find DXM only products?

I've been taking 3-4 boxes of triple c's daily for 6 years now and I've never had any side effects except feeling great... maybe I'm just more evolved than everyone else...

DXM is a horrible dirty feeling drug. It gives me diplopia like nothing else out there. Call me a fussy nitpicking bastard if you will, but I don't consider seeing double to be 'trippy' or fun in any way... it's actually really fucking annoying.
This stuff also gives me terrible ataxia and a mild fever. It ain't cheap either - mg for mg it's about as expensive as MXE (which is at least 5 times more potent and far superior). I can get half a gram of MXE for about the same price as a big bottle of Robitussin.

The ONLY good thing about it is its OTC availability but if you have a contact for proper drugs I can't see why you would want this shit.
Ever wondered why the black market is awash with ketamine and MXE but there's no pure DXM out there? It sucks balls and nobody wants it, that's why.

I did triple C's for an entire year when I was at a military school, it was my pot subsitute for my daily high, I would do it several times a week. So, instead of smoking (which even cigs were banned at this school) I would constantly do CCC's or Dex, with no regards of my own health, then I would drink listerene in combination sometimes, or take loads of benadril. And yes, I share the same problem as OP with the blinding spots in the center of my vision, I'm also 100% sure that I have HPPD from it now too, although it has started to get better ever since I stopped dexing this summer. Overall, I'm prefectly healthy, I can actually play sports for my college and I got through bootcamp without dying.

But, I still crave dex like someone would with cigs... Does anyone else have such strong cravings for DXM or CCC's?

i do All the time so bad to the point i cant even walk down a pharmacy isle alone with someone iv directly told to basically hold my hand bc i dont trust myself