• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Coricidin's Long-Term Negative Effects

I have been taking Coricidin Cough & Cold HBP for the last week and a half straight at a dose of 14 to 16 and maybe a second dose of 4 to 6 (depending on how far down I came if I couldn't get to the pills for a certain amount of time due to work or doing stuff with the wife and kids cause I couldn't let them know I was doing it) to alter the way i look and feel about life. I never take over 20 or 25 a day and NO MORE than 14 at once EVER, I know that's a lot but at least everone else like being around me. It seems to open a door that is locked deep down inside of me when I am sober. It lets me see the real things in life the way I think everyone should see it. I used to use them as recreation but I stopped because I thought it was cause I was just high chasing. But I started taking them again because I feel more closer to people and understand the way things are and can explain the way I feel with out being ashmed or nervous. I can explain things a lot deeperand more inmormational. I did have acute short term memory loss but none of that has occered since I have cam down. I know this sounds like a feind but in reality if you knew how I feel and the way I think in my head you would want somthing to alter your mind too. I love life the way it is going but when I am sober and off all meds for 3 or 4 months, (not just a couple of days then go try something else) perscription or not, I am very irritated and agrivated and easily annoyed at anything and everyone even my wife and son that I am supposed to be the closest to. I stopped taking them yesterday (cold turkey) cause my wife found out and she loved the way I was while I was on them but she didn't think it was right. I am going to see a state funded phsyc Dr. Wed. to try to firgure out what is wrong with my head. I don't feel any bad side effects as of right now. But I still have tomorrow, the next day and days to come. I don't have health insurance to go to the doctor all the time to fix my mind but when I have the money to do so I have gone a lot in the past. I have been on many other perscription drugs to fix the problem including - Effexor XR 150mg, Celexa unknown mg, Adderal 15mg, Prozac unknown mg, Stratera 80 mg, Norpromin 50mg, Zoloft 50mg and now I am on Welbutrin 150mg. None of these meds have continued to help. Some made it worse and some fixed it temporarily. But after a while they would stop working. Taking Triple C's for the past week was making me live life the way I think everone should be able to enjoy life realize deep down the way life reall is. It was like a different demention of life that I opened but after they wore off I came down with no agretion or anxiety or depression like I was feeling before I started taking them. In my head I hate sex, doing family activities, being awake and enything else that has to do with involving other people in my life. Not because I am selfish but because everything gets on my nerves. My wife has kicked me out multiple times because I get irritated and frustrated with everyone and everything and start yelling and cussing in front of our son and fighting with her. But never have I hit either of them or anyone else. Today I feel a little smarter than usual and more focused and energetic, a little sleepish and heavy eyes but nothing major and definatly nothing as bad as I feel with out meds. I still am taking my welbutrin but nothing else. I have stopped smoking after 12 years of it and stopped drinking to see if that was the reason I was feeling the way I did and none of that helped but I still don't drink or smoke or do any illegal drugs. I asked my family to tell me if they have noticed a difference in my behavior today compared to the previous weeks and they say that I am more calm and less angry and hostile and in a rush rush/hurry hurry to get stuff done state of mind that don't absolutly need to be done really fast or be done RIGHT NOW. I'm not saying that everyone who takes these will feel the same way I do but I know for me I think they would be a very theriputic drug. BUT I'm not sure of the long time side effects of abusing this drug. But I am going to take this letter and show it to them Wed. and I have done some reasearch and printed some stuff out to show them and see what they think. Maybe it will help maybe I messed up my body in the long run and gonna die sooner than I should but then again I might have extended my life because I ain't smoking or gettin agrivated or drinking. Well that's all I have for now and if I think of anything else to say about it then I will write another letter.

Im glad people are getting the word out...

Coricidin is the WORST source of DXM, and the other ingredients are not enjoyable....the ones that poison you.

Why did this mixture become popular? When I was young it was the cough syrup, but some IDIOT started spreading info about CCs....DONT DO IT. Its potentially fatal. You are poisoning yourself.

You can more safely get higher by using pure DXM, or even cough syrup with less toxic combined ingredients. CCs get you LESS HIGH for the amount of toxicity they cause.

+(

When I hit the age of 17 I began a quest to explore the world outside of alcohol, pot, and cigarettes. So, one night on a trampoline, I was told of enticing pills called coricidin. In light of my new found knowledge of a delightful high I went and got my first box. Eight pills of red delirium hit me. I was in an alternate reality buzzing delightfully around. After that first time I did it sparingly until the summer of my graduating and 18th year. Me and my friend started out slow and steady. Eight pills was a constant for a majority of the month of June. By a certain point however we decided to take the adventure to the next level. A box per person became the preferred staple of the night. The imagery became more vivid and the hallucinations controlled most nightly shows. I could be somewhere entirely separate from myself and never have to worry about the consequences outside the confines of my "reality." The good came with the bad however. Once we kicked it up the the sixteen a night we experienced intense breathing issues and overall discomfort and the poisoning of our bodies. We'd writhe in extreme discomfort and complain about how we felt vowing "never to do it again." The next night we would. I don't know when I became a slave to coricidin, but it must have been around the time I stopped puking after the pills started there vicious nightly cycle. For at least two and half months straight I was an entirely different person. I was never sober.
The moment we decided to up the anti to 32 a night I knew I was in for a ride. Oh and a ride I got. I became the very person you had a hard time believing that there was nothing wrong with you. I would go to work and feel the effects of the drugs so heavily, it was as if I had never come down. Sleep was impossible. Every day my goal was to get another box. I stole, I hurt people, I was wrong.
Once the summer ended and fall rolled around we began to chill out a little. The days in between trips grew and we were OK with that. Recovery was a necessity. I had fallen back into the drug more times after that and only a year and a half ago have I kicked all DXM abuse out of my life. I was wrong, I was foolish but I can't take it back now. I know that consequences for my actions may be faced in the future and I will face them knowing I did it to myself. DXM can cause very serious addictive side effects if enjoyed immensely. I would not recommends it for for anyone at this point in my life but at one point I did. It's who I am.

bad news

Hey I am coming up on 25 years old and I have been struggling to quit taking ccc (dxm) for about 5 years now. It scares the shit out of me because I have been to the hospital from overdoses (when mixed with alcohol) over 5 times. This shit is no joke. I pray every day for the strength to avoid it but sometimes I end up just going and either shoplifting it, because I got used to that kind of thing after doing it for a long time, or buying it. Anybody who is on here glamorizing these drugs should really think twice. I have put myself and my loved ones through hell simply because of this stupid OTC medicine, and I am ashamed of that fact, not proud. I am on here to gain insight from others struggling with this, and to share my thoughts so that maybe even one person might think twice before choosing to do this drug. Since I've already said enough with this post I will keep it short, but my personal side effects from long term abuse with ccc include extreme constipation, bloody mucous, irregular heartbeat, rapid heartbeat, sweating way too much, and many other things. Anyways if anybody has anything POSITIVE that they can share with me I would appreciate it, and likewise if anyone has any questions I'd be happy to help.

I believe Piracetam is supposed to help heal the brain from dissociative abuse. Just thought I'd put it out there.

lol

It was my first time ever hearing about those pills. My best friend told me we can't buy them because we arn't 18 so we just jacked 2 boxes, went back to his place and popped 16 each. It took almost an hour for us to even really feel anything from them so in the meantime we picked up a half ounce of weed. If you ever Do corocidin just make sure to smoke a lot of weed while your doing it loll

i feel the same as you. my first time i took 24 pills and tripped wildly at age 16. it was so intense but so fun..and then i must've done it 20 more times or maybe more, i dont remember. But, now I feel like i lose words quite often in a conversation, it will just slip my mind. Or i cant think of simple words to fill out my sentence. maybe its because im a stoner? but idk ahah, all i wanna know is what triple c's has done to my brain and body.

I was 19 my first time. A girl I liked had been doing them for months and convinced my to try it. We gathered a small group of friends and dropped 8 a piece one night, laid out on the trampoline. I spent 30 minutes playing the " omg I'm so high" game untill they really kicked in. I had smoked weed before, but this..........was something else. We were all "stuck" to the trampoline, unable(willing) to move. My vision was clouded, my body was electric, my mind wasn't involved. We touched lightly, spoke softly. I was very tired, yet sleep was an impossibility. I finally fell in to a half sleep, and "awoke" some hours later with the sun shining on me, still on the trampoline, still surrounded by my friends. Something was different. I felt....different. I sat up slowly, carefully, vaguely aware that I had recently been in a drug induced dream state. But now I felt a sense of power. The simple act of standing up felt too fluid, too effortless. I jumped from the trampoline on legs of pure energy and hit the ground running. I sprinted at a ridiculous speed and leaped the 4 foot high fence with as much effort as it usually takes to scratch my head. I sprinted flat out to the park 75 or so yards away, flew up the 15 foot high fence surrounding the tennis court, tight roped the 3 yards to where the corner of the fence met the light post, hopped to the post and monkey climbed 30 feet up and vaulted my self to a hands free perched position at the top. Fear was never involved. Thought was absent. Failure was not an option. Logic and reason were still accounted for, so I decided against attempting the 50 foot drop, and climbed down to the top of the fence before I jumped straight to the ground. I ran back to where I had left my friends. I could see them from across the street, looking around slightly confused. I bounded over the fence again, surprising them. They were all wide eyed, over excited. They spoke fast and seemingly hyper intelligent. I told them to follow me, and I turned and ran back to the park. The two guys were right behind me, the two girls stayed behind. We three repeated my earlier feat, each taking his own light post. There we stayed for a while, me pondering the situation, them, thinking about who knows what.

On that day I felt like a god. THE god. I was instantly hooked. At the time I saw the effect, but not the cause. The uppers gave me seemingly infinite energy. The painkillers allowed me to over exert my muscles without suffering the pain. The fearlessness caused by the fog that made it all seem unreal. Like a dream. Over the next few months I would, with the help of friends, clean out many a CVS, Walgreens, Kroger, albertsons, or target for every box of ccc they had. I started with 8 a day, then 16 a day, eventually consuming up to 4 boxes a day. I had adventures the likes of wich should be made in to movies. I talked to every single pretty girl I saw. I made friends with everyone. I accomplished physical feats of the super human variety. I even spent three nights in jail and had the time of my life. I had a panic attack so severe that I had to go to the hospital. They told me if I didn't calm down I might have a heart attack. I stopped using right then and there. The next few years barely happened. I was in a constant fog. I didn't talk. I had no motivation. Nothing was funny. I didn't care about anything. I was sick all the time. My friends didn't know me anymore. I wasn't the same. I stayed that way for so long that I forgot who I really was. To this day I'm not completely sure. I'm 25 with the maturity of a 19 year old, because I'm goddamned sure that I didn't age at all while I was on that shit. Not mentally at least. All the friends I made on ccc don't know who I am, all the things I did are discredited, the memories are bittersweet. I'm trying to catch up to who I could have been. I don't know what else to say.

If anyone has had this interaction between Coricidin (DXM and CPM) and Cocaine. Or if anyone knows what exactly the interaction this was I would appreciate the comments.

Probably hypertension. That was a bad mix of drugs man, all three increase your blood pressure. (Yes, I realize I'm responding to a post that's over a year old, but the thread has been resurrected so why not?)

I keep having weird experiences

Other than the occasional puking from taking too many. I've always had good experiences with skittles. I've been taking them regularly for about a year now. I usually take between 14-21 skittles starting off, then as the feeling comes i pop a couple more. If you turn on dubstep it makes you trip much harder. Can't say these have made me dumber or anything as ive held a full time job for a year and have an A in my 2nd year of college.
Now these trips that i just started having a month or 2 ago, that i cant figure out whats happening is, when i take too many skittles, i click into another world, as if im all alone, everything around me is dark, i feel like im constantly falling forward even though im laying back in a chair. i hear strange noises and see things i wouldnt normally see. But the weird thing is, everything i see in my head is what i see in front of me. I always have dubstep playing when i trip, and when im tripping like this^^^ i cant hear anything. When i think about things, for some reason everything makes sense. If someone is talking to me, i feel like i have an answer to everything theyre saying but i cant say it, i can only say a word a minute, << thats not an exaggeration. Has anyone else had trips like this?

Coricidin is a killer.

Do any of you hate it enough to do something about it?

I challenge any of you who are sick and tired of getting high to do something about it. Not just for yourself but for others.

Get clean and save your life. Share your message and save the lives of others.

<3
i abused coricidin for over 10 years, 16-45 pills at a time...it is evil. i am lucky to be alive, i've come close to death while on it and the worst part was, they made me ok with it. it made me suicidal. it ruined my life and i know that if i ever do it again, my life will be shit. don't do it.

My fiend For a Enlightened Mind

This is my story in the ballpark of CCC
I took it first time when I was 17 maybe. Smoked Weed after it kicked in a hour later only 4 or 6 pills.
Straight up euphoric.
It tapped into my art side of myself and took my creations to a different level.
Taking it daily to influence my creative side.
Music amped the experience to higher high levels of enlightenment.
I couldn't stop.
My first love got me to quit.
Into my loves timeline after a year the thought of having a good time resulted in experiencing the effects of triple c again.
That was the mistake because it really is my dirty skeleton in the closet secret.
To this day I am trapped in the mouth of madness wanting and for my life needing to kick the red pills away.
I'm 26 now and I feel like I'm too too too misunderstood while living a quote unquote normal life to the outsiders that see me daily. My loved ones don't understand my haunting inside addiction and I don't know how to reach towards that better light and day when this addiction can really go away. I possess a talent and I see how the triple c has infiltrated and holds my potential back. I feel left behind eatend away slowly day to day. And the scary thing is this damage will continue. Hard for me to be not honest face to face.

How much CPM is too much?

So I am a regular robo-tripper who uses CCC's (I know about the danger please save the preaching, thanks) along with Robo gelcaps. Lately I have been upping my dose of the C's to upwards of a 1.5 grams. My tolerance grows with my use (obviously), but I was wondering what this insane amount of CPM(Chlorpheniramine Maleate) is doing to my body. I have yet to have any negative side-effects other than the usual nausea and whatnot from the DXM, but I have a feeling that all this other junk(CPM) is not doing me any good. Please let me know if I'm safe to continue with the CCC's because I really can't afford the Robo anymore. If there is a way to do a CWE that keeps the DXM, that would be majorly helpful. All advice welcome, thanks!

So I am a regular robo-tripper who uses CCC's (I know about the danger please save the preaching, thanks

No. Fuck that. This is a harm reduction site, so I'm still going to tell you that you're damaging your health in a very real way by using Coricidan to get high.

Especially considering that there are other DXM-only products available, its a terrible idea.

No. Fuck that. This is a harm reduction site, so I'm still going to tell you that you're damaging your health in a very real way by using Coricidan to get high.

Especially considering that there are other DXM-only products available, its a terrible idea.

Well then please answer my question and tell me why its bad and what it's doing to my body. Thank you.

^Fair enough. See Severe Manifestations of Coricidin Intoxication. Mostly you're doing liver damage from the acetaminophen. I'm not sure the CPM is terribly worrisome. If you can't afford other formulations you'd better cut costs elsewhere, and if you're still considering using CCC just to maintain a high frequency dissociative habit and to save a few bucks you'd better reconsider what you're doing with your life.

Last edited:
Can someone explain to me why when I use Coricidin I don't get the naseua usually associated with DXM use? And what acetaminophen are you referring to, for I have yet to use a DXM product with acetaminophen.