• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Coricidin's Long-Term Negative Effects

....don't do it man....i used to do the CCCs.I learned that you could get high off cold medicine after watching my Father get high that way after the AF sent him to rehab. Long term use will cause retina detachment and if not that burn holes in the retina. That's just how BAD the antihistamine in Coricidin drys you out.You'll be drinking water like alcoholics drink beer. Then it sucks all the Vitamin D out of your spine and body. That's one of the components that help you even get "high" off it. Dries out the joints too. Probably will give you arthritis after long term use. It'll make your teeth start to rot out slower or faster depending on your usage.I've had all of these problems so don't try and tell me differently ya hear? Boy,just go get the illegal stuff. It's probably safer.You can build up a tolerance. I had to start taking 20 of those pills just to get the same effect as the 16 that come in the pack. Then it went up to 24.It'll have you hallucinating,feeling like something is crawling on you all the d**n time,can't form words into sentences when you speak,btw just don't even try speaking and then your muscles start seizing up,you'll need a muscle relaxer for that problem. Water for dehydration,Vitamin D pills,a multivitamin,Visine and a camera for recording how stupid you're going to look(literally) and how you were walking around like a robot.And if you have a bad trip you have to ENDURE it for how ever long it takes your liver to process those pills.Oh yeah,did I tell you they cause liver damage? Ya they do. Messes with ya memory too. And it probably messes with ya heart too in some way.To me it seemed like the high would change everytime I drop those pills. Man, they made me throw up sometimes depending on what I had on my stomach and you better have something on your stomach before you take them even if it's only two pieces of white bread. I could go on and on and on and on but I'm tired of typing......have a nice day. :)

I have taken CCC for at least 8 years at high doses, most of the time while on antidepressants or methadone. I have long lasting cognitive and memory problems, as well as digestive problems. I have ended up in the ER on a vent from abusing these pills. My addiction to CCC got so bad I tried to kill myself by taking 7 boxes of it, or 3360mg. of DXM. I'm lucky to be alive. My advice is don't do them. You may not be as lucky as me.

my first time using the red devils was on the way to school I was 17 years old. my friend cheeto said hey wanna try these out the will mess u up pretty good.so being a dumbass I said ok how many do I take,,he said here are 8 ,a second later he says you a big dude you should take 12.so I was fine for about 2 hours and in the middle of changing classes it hit me so hard I didn't know what the hell iwas doing I just rember leaning against the wall the whole way down the hall which felt like forever.After that I don't really rember anything except being super sleepy for about 3 days.so when I snapped out of that little epeisode I called up my friend and said "I thought you said this shit would make me feel real energetic ."and he says oh yeah I forgot to tell you the first couple of times you gotta fight the sleep for about an hour plus you took 12 the first time he didn't know what it would do to me. so that night which was a Saturday I went to the store with my parents and went of on my on and snagged 3 boxes.the next day before I went to church I was like fuck it im gonna take a box which is 16.now mind you I went to a very big church in san Antonio..Cornerstone church which has about 30,000 members .so im sitting there just waiting for it to hit and man did it ever.2 hours went by like nothing and apperantly I took a spill down about 30 or 40 stairs luickly the werecarpeted .snd when I got done rolling to the bottom I didn't realize how far I had fallen,everyone was asking me if I was all right and how it was a miracal that I didn't break any bones...if the only knew.some time went by I really don't know how long but my family went to eat as usual for a sunday.but I wasn't hungry.i decided to take a walk to a drug store that was near by and took 3 more boxes from the store.while I was in the bathroom I took 2 boxes which is 32 pills on top of the 16 I had already taken.man things just got a lot more crazy from there. I rember listening to cake and sodomy by Marilyn manson and I was just transfixed with it for some reason over and over I listened to it.next thing I know im at the movies watching spawn,but the only thing I rember was all the fire and him going back and forth to hell.I thought I was only there for 1 showing but it turns out the ushers some of whom were my friends had let me sit in the theater for 3 showings cause I wasn't responsive to any one.my dad came and found me and said that they had been looking for me for about 6 hours and I was so sure it was only an hour or so.when my mom saw me she knew some thing was up and they found some pillboxes in my back pocket I gues I had takeing 2 more boxes. so my grand total was 72 pills on my second time trying them.needless to say I was rushed to the hospital were I had my stomach pumped and was in the ICU for about a week. None of which I rember that well.i was super fucked up.And for about a month or two after that I have a real hard time rembering things ,it felt like I was dreaming...more like a nightmare.i was sent to the san Antonio state hospital for a month and from there Vernon state hospital for another month.Man it sucked.but I didn't learn anything. I was back at it everyday for about 5 months ..I would take 32 pills daily.

Jesus christ man, you're lucky you're not dead. A kid I knew died in high school from taking 2 boxes (32 pills), one time. This girl we knew and thought was cool (a year older) was on a crusade to get people not to eat mushrooms because she had a frightening experience on them, and thought they were evil... ah, but you should take Coricidin. None of us even knew what DXM was, we only knew them as "Coricidin" or "triple Cs". I took it 10 times, my highest dose was 12 pills. After the last time I felt partially brain damaged for months. That shit is no good, it's really, really bad for you because in addition to DXM they contain CPM (chlorpheniramine maleate) which is very toxic at high doses, and I think also acetaminophen which hurts your liver at high doses. If you like DXM get one of the cough syrups or gels that contains ONLY DXM (dextromethorphan), it's so much safer and won't cause damage to your body and mind.

Whenever I want to trip I take two boxes of coricidin.

I have no negative symptoms, when I am high I dissociate from reality, I hallucinate and feel euphoria and as if time is sitting still.
I have no health problems at all. Coricidin the purple kind contains only DXM and chlorpheniramine maleate which is a blood thinner used for people with high blood pressure.
The side effects from chlorpheniramine maleate can cause drowsiness, dizziness, confusion, constipation, anxiety, nausea, blurred vision, restlessness, decreased coordination, dry mouth, shallow breathing, hallucinations, irritability, problems with memory or concentration, tinnitus and trouble urinating. But these are temporary. There is no evidence that chlorpheniramine maleate nor dextromethorphan can cause irreparable damage to the body.

I have taken to access, 6 boxes of coricidin. I felt very high, and very dazed. I then passed out, as someone would if they drank alcohol to access. When I awoke I was functioning perfectly fine.

My intelligence is still at a higher than average level even though I use coricidin every weekend.

I maintain a healthy physique and a well maintained marriage even with my drug usage.

Many people use this drug as a way of escaping reality, and thus the drug can not be blamed for their actions. If you are a responsible adult and you take this drug, you will still be a responsible adult afterwards.

I take two boxes every Saturday night and Sunday morning. Please explain to me if all of what you say is true, then how can me and my friends take these drugs and still live regular lives?

I have taken two boxes of coricidin (sometimes for weeks in a row) for 3 years.

Whenever I want to trip I take two boxes of coricidin.

I have no negative symptoms, when I am high I dissociate from reality, I hallucinate and feel euphoria and as if time is sitting still.
I have no health problems at all. Coricidin the purple kind contains only DXM and chlorpheniramine maleate which is a blood thinner used for people with high blood pressure.
The side effects from chlorpheniramine maleate can cause drowsiness, dizziness, confusion, constipation, anxiety, nausea, blurred vision, restlessness, decreased coordination, dry mouth, shallow breathing, hallucinations, irritability, problems with memory or concentration, tinnitus and trouble urinating. But these are temporary. There is no evidence that chlorpheniramine maleate nor dextromethorphan can cause irreparable damage to the body.

I have taken to access, 6 boxes of coricidin. I felt very high, and very dazed. I then passed out, as someone would if they drank alcohol to access. When I awoke I was functioning perfectly fine.

My intelligence is still at a higher than average level even though I use coricidin every weekend.

I maintain a healthy physique and a well maintained marriage even with my drug usage.

Many people use this drug as a way of escaping reality, and thus the drug can not be blamed for their actions. If you are a responsible adult and you take this drug, you will still be a responsible adult afterwards.

I take two boxes every Saturday night and Sunday morning. Please explain to me if all of what you say is true, then how can me and my friends take these drugs and still live regular lives?

I have taken two boxes of coricidin (sometimes for weeks in a row) for 3 years.

There is indeed evidence that CPM (an antihistamine as was pointed out above) does cause damage when taken in high doses. 2 boxes of Coricidin is 32 pills, right? I know a kid in high school who died from that exact dose. For real.

Why don't you take something that only has DXM in it? It's so much safer and the trip is better too.

I don't think anyone is saying taking Coricidin changes you, just that it's not a good idea.

What I'm saying is I've taken 32 pills for 4 days straight before and nothing happened to me. How can that be?

You all are saying if you take more than 32 pills you'll die, when I know my friend has taken 64 and just passed out and woke up the next day like nothing happened.

Where are you all getting these facts that coricidin has caused death? I can find no autopsies about it. I can only find autopsies where dex was inside the system and someone did something stupid like jumped out of a window.

I took 32 pills last night, 32 this morning. and 16 just now. I'm capable of typing and I function as a regular adult.

I'll tell you what, if someone is reading this thread and they STILL think Coricidin is safe, they are wrong. I was one of those people, and I had to learn my lesson the hard way. It really takes a toll on your heart.

I was used to taking triple c's, usually 12-14 pills put me in the zone. It was a totally different trip than DXM-only cough gels, more of an insane body high that's overpowering. Not as many CEV's, either.

One night I decided to take 10, less than my usual dose. An hour after I took them, I had a gut feeling that something was wrong. I just could tell. My boyfriend had taken 12, and was feeling pretty weird as well. I went into my room to be alone and turned the fan on, trying to cool down a bit. It didn't work. I started getting a pins and needles feeling all over my body. I looked down and for the first time in my life, saw my shirt moving from the pounding of my heart.

At this point, I layed down and calculated my heart rate, watching it beat through my chest. I had calculated it to be between 170 and 180 bpm. My boyfriend came in the room looking flushed. I lifted up his shirt and realized his heart was racing as well. I counted for 60 seconds and it turned out to be 155 bpm. These are REALLY dangerous numbers for a resting heart rate.

The combination of the DXM and CPM caused us to have tachycardia. I didn't go to the hospital, afraid to get in trouble. I went to bed with my heart still racing, and woke up the next morning calm and grateful to be alive.

Do NOT fuck with Coricidin.

When you are so desperate to get high that you will take corocidin its time to get some better drugs. Just smoke weed guys, and if you want to trip get lsd or mushrooms. If you can't then don't trip!
Eating dxm or pills that have dxm is as stupid as huffing paint. Or taking a bunch of dph.
With the rc market there is no need for that dumb shit.

Marihuana is not a good alternative to Coricidin. Marihuana is garbage, maybe it isnt as horrible as Coricidin, but it will fuck you up.

Telling people to "just smoke weed" is insanity.

Could you quit with this shit already? I agree weed isn't harmless, especially for some people, but your attitude doesn't reflect reality about it. I've been smoking weed for 15 years and I'm not fucked up.

Could you quit with this shit already? I agree weed isn't harmless, especially for some people, but your attitude doesn't reflect reality about it. I've been smoking weed for 15 years and I'm not fucked up.

Agreed. I've been smoking for 7 years now and I'm still fully functionable. You can't even remotely compare it to Coricidin...

Marihuana is not a good alternative to Coricidin. Marihuana is garbage, maybe it isnt as horrible as Coricidin, but it will fuck you up.

Telling people to "just smoke weed" is insanity.

Keep on spamming your broken record. Who cares that there's no science to support your absurd obsessive axe grinding.

I just recently took them, but damn that shit is crazy! I took them at 9:46pm, and then started shutting water, and then I threw up and I felt terrible like I was hungover, but it was worth it cuz I got to cross this of my bucket list in college?. I would try them again but not on the reg.