Mental Health Coming Off Vraylar (cariprazine), Rexulti (brexpiprazole), or Abilify (aripiprazole)

but also of pills that can be similar
Yeh, I'm honestly not sure how similar they are with regards to unwanted side effects. I used to be on Risperdal pills with little side effects, then got put on Risperdal injections via court order and got hammered with severe anhedonia, flat affect, sexual dysfunction, and brain fog. All side effects close to what we see in the Invega thread.

I've been on the max dose of Abilify pills at 30mg for over 10 years with no anhedonia, no sexual dysfunction, no brain fog, and only a little blunting of emotions. Judging by what I've heard from other people, I wouldn't be surprised if I got hit with worse side effects from Abilify injections. By reading stories on here, I've come to the conclusion that the medications in Long Acting Injectable form are the culprit of a lot of problems compared to pill form of the same meds.

I don't know anything about Invega pills but maybe someone else can shed some light on my theory comparing side effects with injections versus pills.

Yeh, I'm honestly not sure how similar they are with regards to unwanted side effects. I used to be on Risperdal pills with little side effects, then got put on Risperdal injections via court order and got hammered with severe anhedonia, flat affect, sexual dysfunction, and brain fog. All side effects close to what we see in the Invega thread.

I've been on the max dose of Abilify pills at 30mg for over 10 years with no anhedonia, no sexual dysfunction, no brain fog, and only a little blunting of emotions. Judging by what I've heard from other people, I wouldn't be surprised if I got hit with worse side effects from Abilify injections. By reading stories on here, I've come to the conclusion that the medications in Long Acting Injectable form are the culprit of a lot of problems compared to pill form of the same meds.

I don't know anything about Invega pills but maybe someone else can shed some light on my theory comparing side effects with injections versus pills.
It is possible, I take 300 injected and I have flat affect, anhedonia sexual effects... in March I have to stop after 2 years of treatment and I have doubts about how long it will take for these effects to go away

I was on 6mg of Vraylar for a couple of years. I was ok with it but it made my throat swell so I had to discontinue.

It is possible, I take 300 injected and I have flat affect, anhedonia sexual effects... in March I have to stop after 2 years of treatment and I have doubts about how long it will take for these effects to go away
And that's the question of the hour.... How long will it take to recover? I do not know the answer.

This thread is 19 pages long and I will be honest, I have not read the entire thread. It may be worth it to dig into some older posts here and see what other people have said.

How many of you all are coming off of these APs and have a schizophrenic diagnosis? Are you on anything else now or not?

How many of you all are coming off of these APs and have a schizophrenic diagnosis? Are you on anything else now or not?
I came off Vraylar onto Rexulti. I currently take Zyprexa.

It seems I made a mistake. Apparently I'm 3 years off Vraylar as of this month. Though the restlessness seems to be going away, I recently noticed that it began on Vraylar that my hands and feet were getting extremely cold and yet I used to be able to go out in subzero temperatures with just a shirt, pants and boots on.

Whatever the case, it feels as if I'm on the last leg of the comedown. Really hoping my blood circulation in my extremities returns to normal soon.

In between sleep, last night, I felt a force climb up my spine and into my head. I believe this is the same energy that had gotten stuck somewhere in my mid back, after coming off vraylar. Upon waking up this morning I discovered that my motivation has returned. I actually feel like I can move on past some things that have been bothering me for the past few months.

Firstly, I want to extend thanks to all of you who may be suffering. It's not an easy task to function well.

It is true that the injections that are meant to last a month do release more of the chemical in the beginning, I would guess significantly, as opposed to the tail end.

Abilify made me quite restless, even at 15mg. But the shot did work well for me. That said, these three we're talking about in this thread, I believe, are not considered the most powerful/effective of the antipsychotics. Zyprexa I think is generally considered runner-up to Clozaril. But individual experiences do quite vary.

Alos, please refrain from double-posting. Thanks.

FINALLY!!
The blockage in my pingala nadi gave way and now my fucked up psychosomatic symptoms are going away. My body's energy finally feels normal and since I know how to cultivate Yang Shen, I should be back to normal by the end of this week. Thanks guys. Thanks for the support.

FINALLY!!
The blockage in my pingala nadi gave way and now my fucked up psychosomatic symptoms are going away. My body's energy finally feels normal and since I know how to cultivate Yang Shen, I should be back to normal by the end of this week. Thanks guys. Thanks for the support.
Are you still taking anything?

I think I'm at the end of the Vraylar road. Pretty sure Rexulti's out of my system too, though I did find some interesting data on wikipedia considering Rexulti: "Specifically, where aripiprazole has an intrinsic activity or agonist effect at the D2 receptor of 60%+, brexpiprazole has an intrinsic activity at the same receptor of about 45%. For aripiprazole, this means more dopamine receptor activation at lower doses, with blockade being reached at higher doses, whereas brexpiprazole is the opposite."

I guess that would imply higher dopamine blocking when coming off...? if so that would explain a few things.

Whatever. I feel better and I guess that's pretty much what matters at this point.

Last edited:
This, here, will be my last update.

I think I'm at the end of the Vraylar road. Pretty sure Rexulti's out of my system too, though I did find some interesting data on wikipedia considering Rexulti: "Specifically, where aripiprazole has an intrinsic activity or agonist effect at the D2 receptor of 60%+, brexpiprazole has an intrinsic activity at the same receptor of about 45%. For aripiprazole, this means more dopamine receptor activation at lower doses, with blockade being reached at higher doses, whereas brexpiprazole is the opposite."

I guess that would imply higher dopamine blocking when coming off...? if so that would explain a few things.

Whatever. I feel better and I guess that's pretty much what matters at this point.
Congrats. It may be your last update on your Vraylar journey but I hope you stick around.

Sure glad you are feeling better.