• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Coming Off Vraylar (cariprazine), Rexulti (brexpiprazole), or Abilify (aripiprazole)

Last night I began experiencing kriyas while I was trying to get some sleep. At first the hypnic jerks were annoying, but as the morning drew closer, they began feeling more pleasurable. Besides the hypnic jerks, I experienced spontaneous vocalizations. Spontaneous vocalizations is one of the specific things I have been watching out for in my recovery. I think I am close.

The last few weeks have been pretty rough. Symptoms seemed to get really bad before they started getting better. I spent several hours in the shed last night after I had had too much caffeine, but then started having spontaneous vocalizations which made the night go by smoother. I was unsure if my symptoms were getting better or worse, but for the last few days I have noticed marked improvements. Restlessness has faded to the point where I can actually lay down and play video games without having to put them away because my symptoms getting too intense. So overall, I am better but I suspect my symptoms will persist until the end of this month.

Finally a full day with minimal symptoms. I was actually able to be productive for once. This hasn't happened in a while.

I think I finally understand what is causing my symptoms of tactile hallucinations in the form of razor blades. I lack the technical terms and am not a doctor, but my educated guess is that Vraylar caused a sensitization, making crystalline structures build up in my body so that whenever I pass energy through those areas it causes friction that hence leads to feelings of razorblades cutting through my body, particularly the sensitive areas (yes, even those ones).

I've figured out that I can use caffeine to kind of speed up the process of using my own bioelectric energy to break up some of these crystal patches. I've noticed some drawbacks to using caffeine though, so I've decided to use it only every other day.

Recovery seems close. I'll leave an update when the razors have gone away for at least a week.

I'm able to tolerate caffeine once again. A few other symptoms have melted away over the last few days.

I've at last gotten to a point where I no longer experience tactile hallucinations anymore. Now I only get them when I use caffeine. Recovery is coming much faster than I previously anticipated.

I thought my recovery would come after 5 years of being off Vraylar, which would make it this October/November. I think it'll be only a few weeks now.

I spent pretty much the whole day yesterday meditating. I made a breakthrough in my meditation because after moving energy in a specific spot, the pressure in my spine finally began to release. Today I noticed driving was a lot more comfortable than it used to be before this pressure began to release.

I still have restless legs at night, dizziness upon standing, occasional heat pockets, and tactile hallucinations, but as the days go by the symptoms are becoming less and less severe. I anticipate my full recovery to be sometime before the end of the month.

Things were going pretty okay for about 2 weeks until another wave started to set in. I was making a lot of progress, even getting out and taking walks. Now I'm back to spending most of my days in bed. 'Hoping this wave goes away soon. And hoping there aren't any more waves to come.

Im on rexulti and I need to know if it causes anhedonia… I can’t tell because I was on invega before this and it fucked me up, now I can’t tell what drug is doing what and I can’t get off the rexulti

well, i'd like to say that the numbness and electro shot feeling in hands and feet has decreased again in last week.
now i mainly feel them in fingertips and toetips. sometimes they'd pass the 2nd joints but they never spread to lower legs or lower arms anymore.
other symptoms still stay the same. sleep is improving as i don't wake up in the middle of the night that often.

A major blockage has cleared, and there is currently only one (major one) that remains, on my left side. It's related to the Ida nadi, which could explain why I've been overheating.

I've started clearing this left side blockage since I noticed it and I'm not overheating today despite having drank last night.

Besides this last major blockage, there are at least 6 other minor blockages that I've seen.

Update: September 13th;

I think I've cleared the left side blockage, but there're still more minor blockages in my right side brain hemisphere related to the major blockage. It should take a few days to clear and I also suspect I might run into more blockages along the way.

Last edited:
I'm writing an update on my sleep. I have not have any clear memory of waking up in the mid of night or waking up around 4-5 am anymore.
My sleep is definitely improving.

All other symptoms remain the same.

Additionally, I have a more frequent limb spasm during the time I am about to fall asleep.

Still getting brain zaps, so I assume the medication is still affecting me.

Update 02/11/2024
Something occurred quite recently--a sort of fucked up state of mind that occurred some 2 years off the drug. This leads me to believe I am well past the halfway point, but according to my calculations Vraylar's effective end date, for me, won't be until around the end of 2025...

Last edited: