Mental Health Coming off Invega/Xeplion (paliperidone) injections v 8.0

Guys im at 9 months and in the past month i have seen a shot ton of improvements.
I have alot of energy back.
I have some hobbies back.
I can feel music(not 100%)
For some reason, this month its like every week theres more progress. It must be out of my system.

Guys, get a job. Seriously. Thats whats going to help. There are ppl working in way worse situations than invega. Its called behavioral activation or whatever. Personally it was not a choice for me bc i need money. But move movement and talking to ppl passes the time trust.
Also, exercise. Seriously. Baby steps. Its hard obviously bc invega but u wont recpver if you just watch tv all day.
That's great, how many shots did you get?

Don't they have dopamine agonists for prolactin?

I think even Abilify lowers prolactin.
It's in the normal range, it's just two points higher than when I had it tested like two years ago. It wouldn't be worth it.

Last edited:
Sick cunts. Hope karma will get them all and with my spiritual beliefs i know it will. They will all pay for this on the other side. Every soul is being responsible for their choices here. If they forcefully inject people with neurotoxic drugs and are soulless about it they will face the consequences i promise yall. Thats what all spiritual/esoteric sources are saying.
I wasn't forcefully injected, I took it because I wanted to go home.

I still feel like I am suffering the worst here….

Here’s my day. I go to sleep at 12-2 AM. I wake up any time between 3PM-6PM. (That’s ONLY 6-12 hours of being awake). During that time I have no relief or ability to engage in daily leisure/activities. I can’t enjoy video games. I have no gravitation to even pick a song yet alone listen to music. My body just wants to be asleep. Even when I’m awake, my body feels SO uncomfortable from the intense anhedonia (it was already bad from the negative symptoms of schizophrenia) that it doesn’t believe this is real or happening, so it just wants to sleep. As a result (or maybe there’s different causation?) my body doesn’t have a circadian rhythm. I never know when to sleep. I never know when to eat. I never know when to do anything because my body doesn’t give me cues, and there’s no natural rhythm to my days. Just one big blur of 24 hours that I try to escape from. In addition to all of this hell, I have severe stomach issues. I can’t drink water or I vomit. I can’t travel far or I vomit. And my stomach is very very very weak.

It’s incomprehensible that my negative symptoms of schizophrenia have been made this worse. Like 5-6x worse.

I feel hopeless.
You need to get a stool test and sibo test , also check for mold and heavy metals. Invega makes you way more prone to all these issues

I had an almost normal feeling orgasm. I still have a very dull libido and low genital sensation from Prozac, but it's getting better. This is the best I have felt sexually in a year.

I have been feeling very goofy lately and I started cooking for myself again instead of just living on household leftovers and popping frozen stuff into the microwave or oven.

It's almost a year since I was given my first antipsychotic. I'll do a full post in about 10 days. It's been a fucking ride, I hope it's over soon. I bet if I got some good sleep for a few days I would be feeling great.
You need to look into sibo and b12 as well

It feels so unreal that I’m still alive. It’s like my soul left my body in the hospital and I cant get it back. My entire belief system has collapsed.

I never realized how much stuff I took for granted until now, problem is I don’t think there’s a way to get it back and appreciate it again.

There wasn’t much going on in my life before all this and I was content with life. Now I’m going out almost everyday and still can’t have fun. I‘ve basically ran out of stuff to do, everything sucks.

I wish I had positive news to report but I feel it’s my duty to expose everything this poisonous drug does to people. I can’t stand all the people on Reddit blaming the negative symptoms on their “Post Psychosis Depression”.

It feels so unreal that I’m still alive. It’s like my soul left my body in the hospital and I cant get it back. My entire belief system has collapsed.

I never realized how much stuff I took for granted until now, problem is I don’t think there’s a way to get it back and appreciate it again.

There wasn’t much going on in my life before all this and I was content with life. Now I’m going out almost everyday and still can’t have fun. I‘ve basically ran out of stuff to do, everything sucks.

I wish I had positive news to report but I feel it’s my duty to expose everything this poisonous drug does to people. I can’t stand all the people on Reddit blaming the negative symptoms on their “Post Psychosis Depression”.
We have a God given right to be human, its something we dont apriciate becouse no one coult think anything can take life and soul from you..

I’m 4 months off, about to hit the 126 days next week. I only took the two loading shots at the hospital. I will say that the first shot actually helped my psychosis and brought me back to myself. I was still able to feel my emotions and had drive to get out of the hospital and move forward with life. Unfortunately, the second shot took all that away. I even tried to get out of taking the second shot cause I had a feeling that it would be overkill but I was coerced by the social worker. She said that my family didn’t want me out of the hospital until I did, which was a lie. Also told me that I’d be back in the hospital by Christmas if I didn’t. I had the right to refuse but in that moment I felt like I had no choice. I hope she gets her karma is all I can say about that.

My symptoms: anhedonia, lack of emotions, lack of pleasure from anything, lack of motivation, restlessness in the legs, pacing, slow and slurred speech, constipation, weight gain( not severe luckily), no period, no sex drive, sleep doesn’t feel fulfilling and I wake up in the middle of the night, I can stare at a wall all day and nothing.

At 3 months, most of the physical symptoms went away completely (speech is normal, no more restlessness in legs which means no more pacing, not constipated anymore, lost some of the weight) but I’m still left with the emotional effects. Also this week, I was sexting with my fwb and actually got aroused. I started ketamine infusion treatments last week and just finished my 4th session today. I will say that the ketamine helps to have my thoughts flowing and let’s me enjoy music during the infusion but I go back to my anhedonic state after it’s done. Today though, I was able to laugh a bit and felt a little bit of myself but nothing too significant. I also was tapping along to the music I was listening to while driving and slightly enjoying it. I do feel more hopeful about things after reading through this thread and reading some of the recovery stories. I also got prescribed Wellbutrin 75mg, which is the only medication I would be willing to take. I’m kinda looking forward to starting it but unsure if it will actually do anything. I think it’s worth a try though.

Last edited:
Forgot to mention that my psychosis was mushroom induced. I was microdosing for two months before my episode. I did try weed at 3 months recovery and it had no effect besides red eyes and munchies. I also did try shrooms again at 3months and didn’t feel a thing. (maybe not the best thing to do but I figured if the Invega was still in my system that it would be okay to try again) nicotine gives me a head rush for a few seconds but only if I haven’t vaped in hours/days. Not really into nicotine but I feel like it’s a way to test how much of this poison is in my system.

I still have really low progesterone, I don't know how I was menstruating and ovulating last month. I really hope this is from a vitamin deficiency or something and my pituitary gland isn't fucked.

My TSH is fine now though, so that's a sign in my favor.

I met with my doctor today and it looks like invega gave me a progesterone deficiency. Luckily that's easily treatable. I should be okay hormonally soon. I'm getting my treatment set up as soon as my other hormone results are in.

You know that feeling you get when you press your hands into a doorframe and you step out of the doorframe and your arms go up? My brain is speeding up finally and it feels kind of like that lol.

Last edited:
Is anyone else bed ridden without any ability to engage in daily leisure????

Also does any one also have schizophrenia? I was already suffering with the negative symptoms before the Invega shot, so I fear I’ll never even get back to my already low quality of life before that.

I’m losing my mind. Today I broke my phone, my dog’s gate, and part of a window. I don’t think I’ll ever get to have a happy minute in my life again. Fuck. Does anyone have advice?

I was getting up at midday for a while now I’m getting up at about 3pm because it’s too cold and theres nothing I feel like doing. I hope it’s just invega in my system causing this but my minds changed a lot, like my views on stuff it just feels like nothing matters anymore.

I also bought a bike to try and kill the boredom but it’s easier to walk I think, felt like throwing it in the river with how pissed off I am about how much my life has changed.

I guess we all wonder but do you know how many people in precent heal from Invega?

I'm testing my progesterone again on April 22nd, I had it tested too early in my cycle and it might actually be normal. I doubt it though. I had it tested at different points earlier, and it was always low.

Drug is 20 years into practice. We would all have people here 10+ years ago who had the shot and still remain to complain so i guess recovery is 95%
This is really something people have to note and remember. If you have questions about what happened to you because of invega or how long it's going to take to go back to normal, it's easy to find this place. There would at least be a few people who dropped their account of never feeling the same again from a long time ago. As a community we need to reinforce that most people will heal from this, not push any scaremongering "permanent brain damage" bullshit. I have extra damage from a different drug and even I feel mostly normal cognitively.

I saw a dude on Reddit who posted for two whole years complaining about sexual dysfunction and other things and I went through his posts and he got better! Almost completely normal, his username was something like zackthreepack.

Last edited:
I experienced the brain burn feeling today, I don’t know if it was because I hadn’t drank anything for 18hrs or the invega doing stuff to my brain.

The depression this poison has left me with is like no other. I was blaming myself today for not setting up a TV in my room so I could watch stuff and play games to keep busy, but then I remembered I had absolutely no motivation or interest to do anything and still mostly don’t.

I feel like that could have saved me from overthinking if I forced myself to watch something, but it was just so uncomfortable sitting on a computer chair at a desk (what I used to do all the time).

My minds ruined beyond repair now, anxiety is overtaking every thought. I can’t think of old times or the future or anything good now. It’s just always about how much better life would be if this didn’t happen.

I wonder how many people stopped posting on here and other forums because they took their own life, seems like the only way out of this mess.

So I just got my period at 4 months off. I’m taking that as a good sign. Yesterday, was a good day. I spent time with my cousin and I felt a little bit of my self back. Social skills seem to be improving as well slowly but surely. I’m seeing a lot of improvement at 4 months. Still don’t have a lot of energy or drive though but I was taking shrooms to help with that. I’ve always struggled with low energy and productivity. Maybe Wellbutrin can help with that.